New biosafety labs unveiled, AstraZeneca vaccine to be donated by Japan in July

webfact

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, but it was AstraZaneca who would have had to have licenced them to produce the AZ vaccine. Now, they are a big pharmaceutical company. They can do their own research, their own due diligence and everything else involved in assessing a potential licensee. So, what went wrong, if indeed, it has gone wrong, in the assessment process?

That is open to speculation, but not publicly.

4 hours ago, kynikoi said:

I didn't want to post the story here simply because all the issues surrounding fake (real) news.

No worries about fake news ........every day another statement from pinnochio or one of his gang is published here without problems..

If thai visa had a lie detector along the lines of the deleting profanities software we might get one ministerial release published every six months.

Edited by sapson
  • Haha 1

"Level 3 lab was designed to prevent the leak of diseases, while research on high-risk pathogens is conducted. It will be used for isolation of viruses for microbial culture, genetic material extraction and storage of new disease samples"

Indeed - what could possibly go wrong.... I just have this image in my head and the sound "pokpokpok"

PokPok.jpg

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

japan is donating 1mln doses.

there is contradiction - thailand begging for free vax, and at the same time investing in some technology, which can sell to japan and anywhere else.

Can you provide a source for that? It seems a plausible number - certain countries are not using their AZ supplies due to the very well publicized blood-clotting issue.

3 hours ago, nkg said:

Can you provide a source for that? It seems a plausible number - certain countries are not using their AZ supplies due to the very well publicized blood-clotting issue.

possible khaosod english or thai enquires, but I don't have a link.

I never keep links to information. Try google

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

possible khaosod english or thai enquires, but I don't have a link.

I never keep links to information. Try google

The nearest thing I could find was this:

Japan will send a million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam, Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said on Tuesday, as the southeast Asian nation steps up vaccine procurement to fight a more stubborn wave of infections.

Japan is considering additional vaccine donations to Vietnam and Taiwan, and plans similar shipments to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand from early July, Motegi added.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/Japan-to-ship-1-million-COVID-19-vaccines-to-Vietnam

there are hundreds links, but probably quantity nowhere specified.

probably I have skimmed through titles too fast (I rarely read full articles).

But if vietnam gets 1mln, the other countries should have proportionally to their population.

Chance for thailand to get over 1mln.

https://www.google.com/search?q=astrazeneca+japan+thailand+1+million&oq=astrazeneca+japan+thailand+1+million&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.14000j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A great way to win lucrative contracts from overseas countries who are too smart to do this risky research on their own doorstep.

Why doesn't Thailand also accept all their plastic waste too ....... oh wait ......