CONFIRMING A VACCINE APPOINTMENT?

AJR3RD

Just curious if anybody has had experience recently with confirming an existing appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination?

Just before the whole Intervac system shut down, I was given an actual appointment (day, place, and time) but I would have to fly all the way to Bangkok to get it. Which is fine, but I don't know if it's still valid. Now the Intervac page only says HOSPITALS are confirming, but when I call the hospital, they tell me that's not true, they have no idea whether appointments are still valid or have been cancelled. In fact (literally) one of the 3 main hospitals listed tells me (no kidding, direct quote) "Just come in on whatever day you were given and find out, maybe you'll get it, maybe not." The website also indicates that the hospitals have vaccine, but the hospital I spoke with in Bangkok denied that, as well.

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'm now on the actual day of my appointment at Pyathai 2 and still no email confirmation or cancellation.

From what I could make out, the e-mail from OIC DDC to Phyathai 2 (or wherever) -which is cc-ed to you-  is the actual confirmation. You could try to contact the OIC directly ([email protected]) or phone Phyathai 2 but I guess time is short for this. Still worth a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'm now on the actual day of my appointment at Pyathai 2 and still no email confirmation or cancellation.

They stated somewhere the backup is to call the hospital the day before (or today) if you do not get an email. I would try to call them now.

Try 02-271-6700 and ask for the vaccine center, 9th floor.

Edited by rabas

Thanks.

I ended up phoning the CDC.  They're having problems sending out the large volume of emails every day.  Anyway, the good news is that my name is on the list for today.  Jabby-time here I come!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rabas said:

They stated somewhere the backup is to call the hospital the day before (or today) if you do not get an email. I would try to call them now.

Try 02-271-6700 and ask for the vaccine center, 9th floor.

TRIED THAT. They don't know anything. For me, the problem is, they've actually booked me an appointment in Bangkok even though I live in Samui. So I have to FLY to Bangkok, (5000 RT). And then hotel, because no connection actually matches up with appointment. I talked to the people on the 9th floor. Very nice. Sweet people. Completely overwhelmed. NOT A CLUE as to when, where, if vaccine will be available. CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE on the part of the government. 

2 hours ago, AJR3RD said:

they've actually booked me an appointment in Bangkok even though I live in Samui

During the screening process they asked me if I lived in Bangkok, and then asked me for the name of the district in which I live.  I suspect this was to screen out people from outside Bangkok.