UK govt ruling on quarantine could be a welcome boost to British tourists visiting Phuket

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

However, should Thailand be re-categorised as a ‘green’ country, visitors from the UK will be under no restrictions once they return home.

The Thai government better get the testing labs to drop their PCR cycle counts to 28 or below and start calling Covid hospital admissions "the flu" again if the want to get to "green."
And stop the mass testing of factories.  Stop mass testing altogether. 
I'm sure Thailand will "do the right thing" for Thailand. 

8 hours ago, smedly said:

so Thailand lists itself as mostly Red and Amber (Amber in Thailand closer to red in the UK) and yet it is expecting the UK to change (downgrade) its rating for Thailand - vaccine rollout a disaster and increasing virus spread lol

are they having a laugh

Why would Thailand risk mass import of Delta?

Another delusional article regarding Brits and holidays in Thailand. So the 6 million Brits coming maybe still be on!????

These people do not engage their brain and have the "Thailand is the centre of the universe syndrome".

It is a shame those responsible for these ridiculous statements are not help accountable for their statements. No doubt there will be another one next week. It is good for my obliques though, as they get a real good workout.????????

11 hours ago, kimamey said:

That's what I would have thought but doesn't Australia have a limit on it's citizens returning? I'm not sure how that works. I think in the case of UK citizens returning from abroad it's the fact you can be forced to quarantine that's the issue rather than not being allowed to return.

Australia does have a limit and it varies by state . For example WA is by far the most restrictive only letting a few hundred in per month. Queensland in and NSW being the least restrictive with numbers in the low thousands. However you are mostly restricted by location. For example Singapore Airlines has direct flights from Bangkok to both Sydney and Brisbane multiple times a week so there is no backlog of Aussies getting from Thailand other countries are not so lucky with some Aussies overseas in dire straits with no real effort from the government to help get them home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Surelynot said:

In the UK press today.......China to close borders for another 12 months.

You can only slow it down by closing the borders, it will get in anyway, in fact they're already there.

I heard that the variants that seem to spread a little faster are already there anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

And look what happened with Portugal. You just never know when they're going to pull up the drawbridge.

What is more likely to happen is the exemption from self isolation from amber if fully vaccinated.

That would allow most Brits to travel without opening the doors to the countries with low vaccination rates.

51 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What is more likely to happen is the exemption from self isolation from amber if fully vaccinated.

That would allow most Brits to travel without opening the doors to the countries with low vaccination rates.

Is that leaving UK, or returning? I don't follow any country's requirements as I never go anywhere outside Thailand. But surely it's impossible to book with confidence, in the knowledge that you might have to cut your holiday short because Hancock has fxxxxx it up again?

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

You can only slow it down by closing the borders, it will get in anyway, in fact they're already there.

I heard that the variants that seem to spread a little faster are already there anyway.

It will dramatically curtail tourism though......Thailand's new Golden Goose, there Chinese, won't be visiting anytime soon.

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

Is that leaving UK, or returning? I don't follow any country's requirements as I never go anywhere outside Thailand. But surely it's impossible to book with confidence, in the knowledge that you might have to cut your holiday short because Hancock has fxxxxx it up again?

Bit puzzled, why would self isolation apply to anyone leaving the UK, or any other country, isolation would normally apply to people entering a country.

My mate from Hong Kong had to self isolate in his apartment when he returned there last year. Had to wear an ankle tracker for 15 days to make sure he never left.

At the moment entry to the UK means 10 days in government quarantine if you come from a red country or 10 days of self isolation if come from an amber country.

What I was referring to was press reports that the self isolation may not be required from an amber country if fully vaccinated.

As most adults in the UK are now double jabbed they could travel to amber countries and return without the self isolation requirement. It would however be a bit more difficult for other countries to travel to the UK where double jabbing has not reached such a high level.

At the moment my ticket to the UK is for the 15th August and my second jab is due 16th August, looks like a flight amendment is on the cards, unless Thailand is listed red, that would be a cancellation.

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Bit puzzled, why would self isolation apply to anyone leaving the UK, or any other country, isolation would normally apply to people entering a country.

My mate from Hong Kong had to self isolate in his apartment when he returned there last year. Had to wear an ankle tracker for 15 days to make sure he never left.

At the moment entry to the UK means 10 days in government quarantine if you come from a red country or 10 days of self isolation if come from an amber country.

What I was referring to was press reports that the self isolation may not be required from an amber country if fully vaccinated.

As most adults in the UK are now double jabbed they could travel to amber countries and return without the self isolation requirement. It would however be a bit more difficult for other countries to travel to the UK where double jabbing has not reached such a high level.

At the moment my ticket to the UK is for the 15th August and my second jab is due 16th August, looks like a flight amendment is on the cards, unless Thailand is listed red, that would be a cancellation.

I see an opening for a website where you enter origin, destination, number of jabs if any, and get back the list of required docs, quarantine levels, return restrictions etc etc. Or, just omit destination to see where you can go and what the return trip might involve. Digital gonads, now's your chance!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I see an opening for a website where you enter origin, destination, number of jabs if any, and get back the list of required docs, quarantine levels, return restrictions etc etc. Or, just omit destination to see where you can go and what the return trip might involve. Digital gonads, now's your chance!

Many a true word etc.