UK govt ruling on quarantine could be a welcome boost to British tourists visiting Phuket

webfact

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Imagine if you come on holiday to Thailand and it becomes a red country! Stuck here, unable to return with your family and the nightmare that then ensues. 

I will say again: FORGET mass tourism it is OVER for the foreseeable. 

Agree....but in their defense I guess they have to be doing everything they can (or be seen to) to promote tourism.........it keeps them in a job and it is good optics, as they say.........(still futile).

Edited by Surelynot

I would rate the chances as being:

Moving to Green - 10:1

Staying at Amber - even 

Moving to Red - 5:1

In other words, there probably more chance of Thailand moving to Red than Green, but I think the UK will maintain at Amber.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Imagine if you come on holiday to Thailand and it becomes a red country! Stuck here, unable to return with your family and the nightmare that then ensues. 

I will say again: FORGET mass tourism it is OVER for the foreseeable. 

Sorry darling!

As you know I had to visit Thailand on business but I am now stuck here for a very long time,

Please transfer £xxxxxx to my sole account.

Love and miss you!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DLock said:

I would rate the chances as being:

Moving to Green - 10:1

Staying at Amber - even 

Moving to Red - 5:1

In other words, there probably more chance of Thailand moving to Red than Green, but I think the UK will maintain at Amber.

Thailand status is not the only problem, unless on a direct flight.

Currently the major ME hubs are red which means mandatory government quarantine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

They can prevent you going on holiday, but not returning, due to the duty of care they have to their citizens and getting them home.

Interesting, but if you havent booked and paid for the day 2 and  8 covid tests wth a receipt before flying and tested negative in the prior 72 hrs, dont think you are allowed to board.

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

Interesting, but if you havent booked and paid for the day 2 and  8 covid tests wth a receipt before flying and tested negative in the prior 72 hrs, dont think you are allowed to board.

Correct.

You also have to fill out a passenger locator form.