Follow me this way....please

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Your too late, checked my BP 2 hours ago, same as every day.

So you are another ##### who thinks it is ok having a go at nurses just doing their job.

I dont think he was "having a go" at nurses, just using it as an example ????

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

So, anyone, anyone at all, please show where in the OP was he mocking the nurse.

You can't.

Therefore, those that are imagining an insult that wasn't there are truly the "sad" ones. Or, to put it in terms that they understand.......Fake News!!

I felt an unnecessary air of superiority reading the post,  it comes across as bit of a Thai bash however you observe it. 

Qualifications Builder by the way. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Regardless, he makes a valid point.

Just how incredibly dumb it is to take blood pressure/temperature check every time before appointment to see a doctor. It reeks of 3rd world incompetence. Personally the blood pressure machine makes me very nervous and my BP is many times lower at home. 

How many useless blood pressure medications have been prescribed due to this dumb process? 

......and checking height and weight. The bp scenario you describe also happens to me. I don’t care about the added cost although not right to charge for unnecessary procedures. Treating everyone entering the hospital the same way should not be SOP as some have commented. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I felt an unnecessary air of superiority reading the post,  it comes across as bit of a Thai bash however you observe it. 

Qualifications Builder by the way. ????

I can see how one can interpret it as a sense of superiority. I was just making an objective observation that seems to be common in many situations that I have encountered here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes all the government hospitals are quite happy for you to take you weight and use the (Arm in ) machine to check your own BP...... but the private ones do still take you into another room. I never figured it out.....except for the charge.

What was the charge for the private MRI-?- I had one done Government hospital last year--6,500Bt Full body.

It was 12,000 (brain and neck). The doctor was kind enough to send me to a clinic near hospital to save money. Not sure exactly what the hospital charges but it is more. 

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Nowhere was he mocking the nurse. He was mocking the procedure........as I have myself.

Taking vital signs every time you go to the hospital, even if it's the next day is just a backside-cover for the hospital which you pay for. Nice earner for the hospital.

Nothing to do with the nurse. They do what they are told to do. If don't like it, take it up with management.

My BP varies hour to hour, day to day.

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

......and checking height and weight. The bp scenario you describe also happens to me. I don’t care about the added cost although not right to charge for unnecessary procedures. Treating everyone entering the hospital the same way should not be SOP as some have commented. 

You think the low level and low paid nurse has authority to vary the routine? They don't.

Well if they get to listen to these complaints, the hospital should react appropriately...

- and add Temperature Taking to the regime too!! 

- especially given with what's going around these days'n'all

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

You think the nurse actually wants to go through the same thing every time?

It is standard procedure in hospitals, both private and government.

The poor nurse would probably get grief from her superiors for not doing it.

Reminds me of my appt the other week with my Urologists, and his daily procedures, as he checked my prostate digitally(fingers) and digitally the Weenie cam.....I hope he gets paid well to do that kind of work ...will also add in pre surgery groin shaver--prepping the area...hope the benefits package is good

Yep - as soon as Covid is over - 555 - you will see foreigners with portable blood pressure machines on a little 2 wheeled cart, walking down the soi or in the mall until their fone lets out a Beep.

Then on with the BP cuff - after all, these things change. Gotta stay on top of it !!!

On 6/23/2021 at 8:22 AM, AustinRacing said:

Joking I said you remember me from yesterday so you think it is necessary to do these checks again? She smiled and calmly directed me to the scale “follow me this way please”.

It's simply about making you pay another 140 baht.  You should know this by now.  

EVERY time a foreigner presents, take vital signs and change 140 baht.  Cha-Ching.  ????

Edited by Leaver