Thailand Reopening: Foreign visitors must have received two doses of WHO approved vaccine

webfact

20 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, they are a mystery to me. 

Oh, it will just be a collection of chaps in military and paramilitary uniforms, who will take the opportunity to strut around in front of cameras and massage their egos by issuing (often contradictory) orders and restrictions. They could just as well be entitled "The Ministry of Funny Walks"!

Their main contribution will be to throttle any economic gains to be made for the general public from reopening...

For fellow Brits all your medical records, including jabs, are on the NHS app. I have no idea what counts as 'proof' but it looks better than the little bit of card you get given.

I got here last month and did my 15 days so as much use as a chocolate tea pot but at some stage it may come in handy.

• Like 1

This is so wacko that it is almost unreal.. Perhaps we open in oct, perhaps in nov, perhaps we open in januar 2022 ... What the biip can people use perhaps to?? Do they think that people just decide that - oh tomorrow I want to go to Thailand for 1 month... NOOOO!!!! The majority of us that either need to get to there, or wish to go there actually need to book ticket months in advance, as holidays and other things need to be planned..
This has gone beyond all ridiculousness now and it is amazing that they actually continue to go on about their BS ????

• Like 1

"Reopening" is a very vague term. What would that even mean? That foreigners can enter normally in October (as before covid times) as long as they have 2 shots? Hard to believe that would be the case. Probably still asking for extra documents, tests and insurances + other unnecessary hassle which would make foreigners go elsewhere. What makes this pondering about reopening even less logical is that Thailand is becoming one of the covid hotspots, so why do they need to be so worried about foreigners now. Europe and USA are much safer than Thailand now. The question is more about why would someone want to come unless they live here and need to return?