Pattaya stray dog shelter needs help after Pattaya City takes over the full responsibility of running the shelter

webfact

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

The real problem are all these people that feed them: Idiots compassion.

You got to be kidding right? Do you really advocate starving the animals to death as a rational solution?  That would only result in hungry and aggressive packs of animals struggling to survive. In a society where euthanizing animals is just not going to happen sterilization is the only logical solution. Please consider supporting one of the sterilization programs trying to solve the Soi Dog Problem.

Pattaya Soi Dog Sterilization Project https://www.facebook.com/groups/902785046588819

Thailand Soi Dog Foundation https://www.soidog.org/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

I notice from all the comments that no one blames the person who had a house dog but failed to treat them as family ad let them loose.
If owners took more responsibility in the first place to neuter and vaccinate ( govt could pay ? ) their house dogs it would go a long way to solving the problem.

Most soi dogs breed in the wild and are not let loose, even Wats have signs warning of 40k baht fines if cctv sees any still dumping dogs these days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats what makes Pattaya fun.  If you want HiSo there's plenty of other beach places to visit.

Sure, when Pattaya cheap, people could overlook the nasty.  

Now, Pattaya is not so cheap, but the nasty still remains.

Think back to the high season just before covid.  It was the quietest high season I have seen.  Tourists were already going elsewhere.  Nothing to do with HiSo.   

If they can't even take care of a stray dog problem, why would tourists bother to come here? 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, when Pattaya cheap, people could overlook the nasty.  

Now, Pattaya is not so cheap, but the nasty still remains.

Think back to the high season just before covid.  It was the quietest high season I have seen.  Tourists were already going elsewhere.  Nothing to do with HiSo.   

If they can't even take care of a stray dog problem, why would tourists bother to come here? 

This is Thailand; not Switzerland. If you want Switzerland, go to Switzerland.

"Nasty" still remains on this forum; I see it every day, yet we still cannot get rid of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

No need to starve, just shoot them. Those doggie charities are just peeing in the wind only slowing down the population growth. Different on Islands where it's easier, but in the country as a whole there are more strays. Even if they are not breeding, a wild dog is still a health and safety pest, no better than vermin.

What about the filthy sex tourists spreading disease? Same solution?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mickeymaus said:

Sterilisation will not take them away from the streets. They still pose a danger to people. And even if such a dog is vaccinated against rabies you will have to go for a treatment because you can't be sure if the dog was vaccinated. 

Ya, but shelters are full and euthanizing isn't going to happen on a mass scale in Thailand, so what other solution is there besides a long term approach of sterilization to reduce the population over time?  Check the statistics - sterilization programs work.

Thailand's street dogs are MUCH nicer than street dogs a lot of countries where people are less kind. I'm not aware of a huge danger from street dogs in Thailand. All of the horrific mauling's of children and adults I've read about here were pet animals of breeds intentionally bred for aggression.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

many of them described as previously having reported incidents of aggression or being a nuisance, and were caught and brought to the shelter as a result

MOSTLY BS !

I know many nice beach dogs who never threatened anyone that have been removed just because an idiot not able to manage a poor little thing complained !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's all about maximum money in, for minimum money out, here.

They just don't get it that high end tourists not only want a nice hotel, but decent infrastructure surrounding it.  Until that happens, Pattaya will continue to attract sex tourists and cheap package holiday tourists, nothing more.    

this is why you are here...

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Really disgusting comments by foreigners about Thailand here. Some of you should really consider going back to your home countries if you are so unhappy with everything. Within months you will be chomping at the bit to come back. No wonder you are viewed in such lowly terms by the natives. You always think that you know better and that your ways are superior. Ingratitude is viewed as the lowest of the low here. Be careful.

CLEARLY !

Humans still haven't understood that covid is just a warning...

Let's wait an ebola style covid where 50% of the idiots die, the world will be so much better !

11 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

They don't have rabies, bark at night or <deleted> all over the place, attack kids or stand in the road though do they?

No, they simply continue to corrupt with their filthy and depraved practices, thinking their money can buy anything, spread disease and show scant respect for the locals and Thailand in general.

If you don't know any people like that, then snap; none of the dogs that I know fit your description either.

But we know that some dogs might, just like some foreigners will fit my description and worse. We also know some of them attack kids(we call them paedophiles) and stand in the road(we call them idiots). Happily most of them have toilets in their homes, though some will still use the street after a few beers. Most won't have rabies, just like dogs.

Do you think most of the tourists coming to Pattaya enjoy the sight of the fools with their noses hanging out above their masks? Do you imagine that they are consider desirable by the natives?

So, I ask you again, why not the same solution? Why not get rid of all the undesirable foreigners? Do you think that because they have money to spend we should overlook all of their transgressions?

I am certainly more disgusted by the acts of some foreigners here than anything I have seen or read about dogs. 

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Complain, complain, complain is all they do.

It's in our nature. If things ain't right we let others know. Unlike Thais who rarely complain and accept any siht (anagram) thrown their way. Good luck if you wanna live like them.

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I don't see any tourists complaining.

High season 2019, there weren't that many western tourists here to complain. 

Many were already going elsewhere. Vietnam was a big recipient of Thailand's lost tourists, recording a 30% increase over the previous year.

What I see are disgruntled long stay foreigners that complain about Thailand on an almost daily basis.

They are not tourists, they are residents.  

They don't contribute in any kind of meaningful way.

Many of them directly contribute to the property market here, and their money flows around the local Pattaya economy.  

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

They just want everything tailored to them.

No, they just want to be able to walk down the street without getting attacked by ever increasing large packs of soi dogs.  No too much to ask for, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I for one, know there are problems, but none of them seem to affect me

So you agree, there are problems.  Would you agree more, if they did effect you? 

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Am I just lucky or is this place full of whining, disgruntled foreigners who don't care about anything but themselves most of the time?

I haven't been bitten yet, but that's not to say there isn't a problem that needs to be addressed. 

It's only a matter of time before a pack of these dogs attack a tourist, possibly the child of a tourist, and really does some damage, possibly even kill them.  Then, the global media picks up the story and sends it world wide.  

What's that just cost Thailand / Pattaya for not fixing the problem earlier, a lot more than a cage and some dog food, I would suggest.  

• Like 1

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

It's in our nature. If things ain't right we let others know. Unlike Thais who rarely complain and accept any siht (anagram) thrown their way. Good luck if you wanna live like them.

Why does it have to be one way or the other? I take something from all of the different cultures. So I am a lot more accepting, tolerant and respectful. But when I do complain, watch out. 

It's no different from the racism practiced here every day. An example: All of the Nigerians I know are very conservative and highly educated. But by the stories and attacks you read here, you would think they are all criminals.

Dogs are treated the same here by the same kinds of people. They want everyone to think the same so that we all hate the dogs, blaming them for having Rabies and attacking children and.... just hysterical man children who cannot cope with sharing the space with another life form.

Hey I hate mosquitoes and will happily eliminate all in my immediate vicinity and beyond. Dogs, they don't mean me any harm. So I am not going to join in the hysterical and heartless crusade.

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's all about maximum money in, for minimum money out, here.

They just don't get it that high end tourists not only want a nice hotel, but decent infrastructure surrounding it.  Until that happens, Pattaya will continue to attract sex tourists and cheap package holiday tourists, nothing more.    

Yup, Like they say in Zanzibar - you can't have it both ways

Just now, Leaver said:

High season 2019, there weren't that many western tourists here to complain. 

Many were already going elsewhere. Vietnam was a big recipient of Thailand's lost tourists, recording a 30% increase over the previous year.

They are not tourists, they are residents.  

Many of them directly contribute to the property market here, and their money flows around the local Pattaya economy.  

No, they just want to be able to walk down the street without getting attacked by ever increasing large packs of soi dogs.  No too much to ask for, in my opinion.

So you agree, there are problems.  Would you agree more, if they did effect you? 

I haven't been bitten yet, but that's not to say there isn't a problem that needs to be addressed. 

It's only a matter of time before a pack of these dogs attack a tourist, possibly the child of a tourist, and really does some damage, possibly even kill them.  Then, the global media picks up the story and sends it world wide.  

What's that just cost Thailand / Pattaya for not fixing the problem earlier, a lot more than a cage and some dog food, I would suggest.  

Again a load of blah blah that I cannot be bothered to read, as I have a life.

I have been here a lot longer than most of the complainers here. First visit was in 1992, so I know how it is and have contributed a lot more and positively than most of the ne'er-do-wells. I know the score. So please...in nearly thirty years none of the issues that you describe. It's fear plain and simple. Any resident can placate any pack by getting to know them on the very first pass. 

Just hysterical scaremongering. It's not my first rodeo.

Why all this blah blah? I just want to know when we can start getting rid of those pesky foreigners who complain about everything, disrespect Thailand on an almost daily basis, rape the women for a few coins, fooling themselves that the women love it and that they are helping the economy, who spread disease, who produce sprogs and don't support them...who congregated without masks consorting with prostitutes during the times when they were requested to stay home, risking the spread of COVID further...

Of course I get it. It's always someone or something else that they hate. They can never see how repugnant they can be themselves.

This is what I see. Soi dogs are not an issue for me; I can easily placate them. Do it once and they don't bother you again. Can't say the same for most of the lowlife hanging around Pattaya. 

But hey...they are helping the economy....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Soi dogs are not an issue for me;

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I just want to know when we can start getting rid of those pesky foreigners who complain about everything, disrespect Thailand on an almost daily basis, rape the women for a few coins, fooling themselves that the women love it and that they are helping the economy, who spread disease, who produce sprogs and don't support them...who congregated without masks consorting with prostitutes during the times when they were requested to stay home, risking the spread of COVID further...

And the above are not an issue for me.  ????

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And the above are not an issue for me.  ????

Exactly. Differing perspectives. We don't need the foreign 'missionaries' here trying to push their beliefs and customs.

If they like them so much, they can practice them in the country in which they learned them. This is Thailand; live in harmony with the natives or get out.

Edited by Eindhoven