Pattaya stray dog shelter needs help after Pattaya City takes over the full responsibility of running the shelter

webfact

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

This is Thailand; live in harmony with the natives or get out.

These dog breeds are not native to Thailand.  They are introduced species.  Therefore, why can't they be locked up for overstay?  ????

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

This is Thailand; live in harmony with the natives or get out.

The same can be said for Thais in the UK. They can get more out of living in the UK than I can get out of living here.

Does a Thai have to show 20,000 GBP in a bank to live in the UK? No. Can a Thai buy land in the UK? Yes.  So make all things equal and I'll run with you on that Eindhoven.

Only problem is human. They have puppy, its growing, need more food and then PAI.

So thats how it started long time ago already.

Australia had lots of bunnies, once imported, but later a plague. They all killed them with a virus.

Carps the same , they already killed them with a virus? Red once they would do so.

With a herpes virus, only for carps. Yha yha people and viruses.

USA has lots of pythons, also imported and let go , as they became to big or not interesting anymore.

Now a lizard is coming up in USA and they already imported the Asian caps, beside that killer bees thrive good, as they were imported. Well there are some more species imported in USA not belonging there.

Europe had an experiment with piranha's, which went wrong and now are invading Europe. They seem to do fine, despite the colder weather.

So in all, humans are responsible for the plagues. The create it. They destroy.

8 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

I notice from all the comments that no one blames the person who had a house dog but failed to treat them as family ad let them loose.
If owners took more responsibility in the first place to neuter and vaccinate ( govt could pay ? ) their house dogs it would go a long way to solving the problem.

Many of the local Authorities run free Neutering Clinics several times a year in places such as land next to the Local Markets making it easy for the folk to bring their Mutt along to be sorted out.

But the main issue is the Folk just dont do it.

Its Free, Its easy to use, but no, they are just plain too Lazy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

Ya, but shelters are full and euthanizing isn't going to happen on a mass scale in Thailand, so what other solution is there besides a long term approach of sterilization to reduce the population over time?  Check the statistics - sterilization programs work.

Thailand's street dogs are MUCH nicer than street dogs a lot of countries where people are less kind. I'm not aware of a huge danger from street dogs in Thailand. All of the horrific mauling's of children and adults I've read about here were pet animals of breeds intentionally bred for aggression.

A single dog is a different animal to a pack of dogs.Years ago when I was in Goa all the dogs on the beach were super friendly,that's how they survived through the generations only the nice ones were tolerated.Once a year or so the authorities would organise a shooting of strays and packs of them.

The Thai dogs are another animal completely,the native dog is bred as a guard dog and is super territorial and aggressive.Visit Cha Am and I dare you to walk around late at night! The only solution is a mass culling combined with a sterilisation program.In these pandemic times don't expect much support for any new social attempts to sort problems out.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, adammike said:

A single dog is a different animal to a pack of dogs.Years ago when I was in Goa all the dogs on the beach were super friendly,that's how they survived through the generations only the nice ones were tolerated.Once a year or so the authorities would organise a shooting of strays and packs of them.

The Thai dogs are another animal completely,the native dog is bred as a guard dog and is super territorial and aggressive.Visit Cha Am and I dare you to walk around late at night! The only solution is a mass culling combined with a sterilisation program.In these pandemic times don't expect much support for any new social attempts to sort problems out.

Nice story. Native dog? Which would that be? Bangkaew? Ridgeback?

It might be different in the country if they are not used to people; but in the cities it is easy to put them at ease. Once they know you, no problem.

You tell the story as if they are all out to get you. No different than if strangers were hanging around your neighbourhood. You would want to know if friend or foe.

You are just reflecting your fear of dogs.

Edited by Eindhoven

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Mosquito's don't mean you any harm. They just want your blood so they can reproduce. No harm in that.

If you don't mind dengue, malaria, zika, and  few others..... not too keen on the itchy spots and occasional rash from them either. There is another blood sucker being fed here!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, bkk6060 said:

Many countries after a period of time euthanize dogs that are not adopted or are vicious.

So sorry, I love most dogs but at some point they really need to start euthanizing them. 

Great reply, where else in the world are thete roaming packs of wild dogs? 

On 6/24/2021 at 4:47 PM, Cake Monster said:

Many of the local Authorities run free Neutering Clinics several times a year in places such as land next to the Local Markets making it easy for the folk to bring their Mutt along to be sorted out.

But the main issue is the Folk just dont do it.

Its Free, Its easy to use, but no, they are just plain too Lazy.

Yes, I remember the dog patrols 20 years ago and have heard of the NC offering free neutering.

When I worked in Saudi back in the early 80's a well known "Pest" Control company would round up stray dogs in Jeddah by using a blowpipe.   They didn't have the heart to euthanase the dogs so brought them out to the farm I was working on ( 0km away ) and release them in the desert.     The dogs survived by killing off the wildlife ( these included desert foxes which had been keeping pests away from the farm.      When the wildlife had gone the dogs died.

13 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

When I worked in Saudi back in the early 80's a well known "Pest" Control company would round up stray dogs in Jeddah by using a blowpipe.  

I recall seeing that being done in Pattaya, in what was then open land behind The Nova Park.....

On 6/24/2021 at 5:51 AM, harada said:

Considering this “government’s “ shambolic response to the pandemic give it another 6 months or more and there won’t be many stray dogs running around. ????‍????

Correct .

Having spent some time in China . 

I prefer , dogs deep fried , not boiled .

That said , I am old enough to remember ,

Dogs for sale in Sakon Nakon , hanging on the hook .

Black Dogs , were in much demand .

Times have changed . 

Now ,I prefer , Hot Dogs , heavy on the onions ..

Another American , influence ruining Asia ...555

For some reason , black dogs were prefered .

On 6/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, dn012 said:

Seems like dog eat dog might be the solution here.

Cures Covid . 

Soon to be approved by ...? 

Chinese Health Authority .. 

On 6/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, dn012 said:

Seems like dog eat dog might be the solution here.

You mean ,   Farlang eat  Farlang .

Things are not that bad , yet .

However , that said ..

On 6/24/2021 at 1:11 PM, Eindhoven said:

Nice story. Native dog? Which would that be? Bangkaew? Ridgeback?

It might be different in the country if they are not used to people; but in the cities it is easy to put them at ease. Once they know you, no problem.

You tell the story as if they are all out to get you. No different than if strangers were hanging around your neighbourhood. You would want to know if friend or foe.

You are just reflecting your fear of dogs.

For me it's about the difference between a single dog and the packs.They really need to start culling.

23 hours ago, adammike said:

For me it's about the difference between a single dog and the packs.They really need to start culling.

I have no problem if they adhere to their Buddhist principles here and do not kill the dogs, but they should not be left to roam wild in public areas.  

If they don't want to kill them, then they should pay from them to be caged,  If they don't want to pay for them to be caged, then they should kill them.  

The current situation is just putting humans at risk.