Command centre for foreign tourists set up in Phuket ahead of July reopening

snoop1130

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the main goal of such measures and attitudes is to create a sense of national unity and

loyalty among thai people.

as my girlfriend told me once in the hit of a fight: WE ARE THAI PEOPLE !!

SO the government wants to create a sense of pride among thai people. and  a sense

that someone is looking after them and guard them from the outside dirty world.

it is an asian thing.

Its pathetic!!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It may not arrive. I discovered a couple of years ago that my local postman couldn't be bothered to actually deliver the mail so he destroyed it. This went on for 18 months until, I guess, enough people were complaining about not receiving stuff they were expecting. As far as I know, nothing happened to him as he was close to retirement. In my native UK he would probably have been jailed.

Perhaps if you had shared a little something something. 

20 hours ago, kimamey said:

Why change old habits? Although I think you'll find that it's normally pirate Windows 10 these days.

They should upgrade to Win7 and stop there. I've often thought of rolling back to Win7 or changing to Unix.

No way in he11  I'm going to Win 11. I've totally disabled updates on Win10 for the last year. No crashes, no viruses, etc.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, Martyjustice said:

Kind of reminds me of the late 60s British TV show “The Prisoner”. Use all those cameras to find the big white balloon coming out of the water. 
If they had a brain they would buy more vaccines instead of more toys. 

Hua Hin hospital still haven't any vaccine after 4 weeks .I telephone the hospital every week.

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

They should upgrade to Win7 and stop there. I've often thought of rolling back to Win7 or changing to Unix.

No way in he11  I'm going to Win 11. I've totally disabled updates on Win10 for the last year. No crashes, no viruses, etc.

Slightly off topic. I'm on Win7. I don't want to change. I don't know how to. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bloodyholly said:

In case you missed it, Patong has had a command centre for a while174ACE19-31D5-419D-99AA-C8402345FC51.thumb.jpeg.a6d2dc2712b60dbf8e6cb8bd07a35aaa.jpeg

Now this makes sense because someone is pointing at it so I know where it is. The picture in the OP is confusing. What am I supposed to be looking at?

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, mikosan said:

100000 visitors in the first three months, generating 9 billion! They really are completely mad.

The only people using this ludicrous system will be those long term residents and visitors who think that being imprisoned on an island for 2 weeks, to allow them entry to Thailand, is better than being imprisoned in an ASQ hotel room in Bangkok.

Gilligan's Island ...

image.png.02c43d2fed4b262b04dde7f6314c5839.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

good god almighty..they are actually conducting this as a military operation.....its hysterically funny now ; utterly beyond belief......like a monty python sketch or that blackadder scene ( scale 1:1 turf on table of actual land taken by 20k dead)  or “oh what a lovely war”....with the cynical aussies singing “ they were only playing leapfrog.:....when one staff officer jumped right over another staff officers back”..... cue ceaseless high pitched insane laughter..... from the expats finally tipped over the edge into certifiable madness by it all..:.............

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Don't worry, no one's coming.

The only person who sounds worried is you.  We all know how you doom mongers hate the idea of people coming to Thailand and enjoying themselves.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

The only person who sounds worried is you.  We all know how you doom mongers hate the idea of people coming to Thailand and enjoying themselves.

Excuse me we are NOT again NOT doom mongers. can you say when we can visit Thailand and under what conditions as it changes every Day. first we are locked away for 2. weeks with cold food. then on our release NO where to go.can;t even go out for a meal.  

29 minutes ago, irishman25 said:

Excuse me we are NOT again NOT doom mongers. can you say when we can visit Thailand and under what conditions as it changes every Day. first we are locked away for 2. weeks with cold food. then on our release NO where to go.can;t even go out for a meal.  

Definitely not a doomer, nope. ????  

It would be far more interesting to learn :

- What was the budget for this so-called command center?

- What would be -normally- the market price for this so-called command center ?

- Which companies got the contracts to build it and fit it out ?

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 12:41 AM, shdmn said:

all you do is troll and Bait, no mater what the topic.  Enjoy yourself while you can.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...