Command centre for foreign tourists set up in Phuket ahead of July reopening

snoop1130

Since arriving Foreigners  have already been vaccinated , what is the point of

a Command Center ?

Better the Thais set up a Command Center to ensure expats actually living

in Thailand can get vaccinated.  At the moment that is nearly impossible.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A command centre, called “EOC Phuket Sandbox” has been set up on the resort island, with 70% of its equipment installation complete.

70% seems to be the new buzz number in Thailand, followed by 555555.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TonBrow said:

I don't think it's an exaggeration. I have been living in Thailand for the past twenty years, and I have noticed a big difference in the Thai attitude towards farangs since the pandemic started. For example, I moved to a new location within Thailand during this China virus outbreak, and because I am not known by the locals in this area, I can't get a hair cut. Every shop I go to will either make an excuse why they can't cut my hair or simply wave me away before I even enter the shop to inquire. I have never had this sort of experience at any time before this stupid Chinese virus was unleashed upon the world. Funny thing is they welcome the Chinese with open arms. Go figure.

So.......this isn't in Phuket then.

I have been living here almost twice as long as you (doesn't mean anything) and of course there has been an attitude change in general. Before, foreigners were rare. Now, not so much, but I haven't noticed any difference in attitude whatsoever with the Thais in Phuket.

I can't speak for anywhere else, though. Had a haircut two weeks ago at a place I've never been to before and they did it, glad for the custom.

When you do finally get that haircut and you are looking into the mirror..........check your nose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

It’s posts like yours that really increase my desire for a ‘thumbs-down’ or ‘dislike’ emoji.

Oh dear.......sense of humour bypass? Get well soon.

Oh no, a dislike emoji! My life is over, over I say ????

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh dear.......sense of humour bypass? Get well soon.

Oh no, a dislike emoji! My life is over, over I say ????

The only one bypassing their sense of humor is you (IMO). 

And I honestly did not expect you to ‘get it’. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Command centre for foreign tourists set up in Phuket ahead of July reopening.

Wait. We're going to let random tourists control the pandemic strategy?

Hey, I'm game. They can't do much worse than the current junta.

No, I didn't read the article. What would be the sense in that? My sense of humor about this topic has long been exhausted and I have a precious few brain cells to protect.

Edited by RocketDog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

So.......this isn't in Phuket then.

I have been living here almost twice as long as you (doesn't mean anything) and of course there has been an attitude change in general. Before, foreigners were rare. Now, not so much, but I haven't noticed any difference in attitude whatsoever with the Thais in Phuket.

I can't speak for anywhere else, though. Had a haircut two weeks ago at a place I've never been to before and they did it, glad for the custom.

When you do finally get that haircut and you are looking into the mirror..........check your nose.

mods could you delete this post please, its a double for some reason. 

Edited by Excel

Just now, Excel said:

Same as you and about the same amount of time and I too have not noticed any change and that includes 15 years living in Bangkok, 4 in Chonburi and the remainder of the time out in the sticks in Udon Thani province. So quite a spread. The only noticeable change of attitude has been by the various incumbent governments.

Obviously, no warts on your nose. ????

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dsj said:

How can you find the list of Countries that are allowed to enter Phuket under Sandbox?

As good as it gets and gets updated twice a month. 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/ประเทศเสี่ยง รอบ 16 มิย 64.pdf

From this website 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/dcd/pagecontent.php?page=606&dept=dcd

• Thanks 1

Just a thought but why not use the command centre for this?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221668-phuket-ready-for-the-sandbox-but-pm-says-“dont-let-mafia-spoil-the-party/

Obviously I know the most likely reason. It's easy to fine tourists but not so easy to catch criminals particularly if you or your future prospects are closely related. I don't know who will actually be manning this but there are a large number of police who can't stop 10 year olds driving bikes without a licence, insurance or a helmet.

• Like 1