Command centre for foreign tourists set up in Phuket ahead of July reopening

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The centre will be used, along with the “Mor Prom” and “Mor Chana” apps, to track the movements of foreign tourists on Phuket

Makes one feel welcome right from the beginning ....

• Haha 2

Also, they have to use an app, so would want to use their mobile just for the app and pay expense roaming fees from their home mobile provider.. I'm sure they won't go and get a local sim card just for tracking purpose, I know I wouldn't, I would just keep my phone off and tell them I don't have a smart phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pkrv said:

Big Brother is watching you - to make sure you dirty farang spend lots of money.

BIG BROTHER my thoughts exactly when I read headline COMMAND CENTRE sounds very ominous BIB watching your every move. 

• Like 1

let us understand the movement of the visitors Thais or farangs  in  Phuket.

1. they paid for 14 day stay at a hotel- they won't leave the hotel 

2. they can't go visiting other islands- the tours are not running

3. very few restaurant are opened. and no bar girls are available either 

4. buses , trains and airplane are not going to take them to Bangkok. just have to look at their entry  visa and make sure 14 days are elapse.

Mostly they will either be around the pool or in a hotel chair on the beach. they will eat their food in the hotels and perhaps go to a nearby open restaurant. ..some might go shopping at Phuket city ..and that is about it. The rest of the time be locked in the room watching TV. 

7 days is  tolerated but 14 days is quite boring.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why do they believe that fully vaccinated tourists who have been tested and found negative are spreading covid 19 and need to be followed.  How utterly ridiculous.

They probably believe that in their respective countries, it's like in Thaïland: Just need to buy the paper stating you are fully vaccinated ! ????
Actually, I believe, it is made to show to the Thais how serious, efficient & protective they are. When are the next elections ?