Command centre for foreign tourists set up in Phuket ahead of July reopening

snoop1130

Come on people - look at the picture - not sure of the number of camera feeds but I only see TWO working. Remember - this is IT (information technology) - they are not well known for their IT-prowess.

What leaves me a little dubious is how much they seem convinced that as soon as they will open the borders, tourists will rush, a bit like children when you open the doors of Dysneyworld!

From what I have heard / read vaguely, they might end up a bit grotesque because things are going to take a while to get back to normal.
Moreover, it seems to me that they have already halved their first estimates. I think they can still divide by 4 or 6, probably more.
That everything is in place so that the activity linked to tourism can resume, I find that normal. But to give numbers, and therefore anticipating people's intentions as they did, is taking the risk of having to justify a big mistake, making tourism professionals and all the people who lived by it very disappointed. , discontented and as we say in my country, they might be "the turkeys of the stuffing" (I think the correct translation is: To be the butt of the joke / To be the fall guy)

I did read, not long ago, that Thai tourists are heading that way.  How are they going to get there!  Are they being airlifted-in, or travelling through several provinces, stopping to eat every 2 hours, collecting the virus as they go!

I can feel the 4th wave hovering not too far away; the foreigners can take the blame, so no problem.

I've just noticed the number under my name at the top - 1984!  There's an omen, if ever I saw one.

Edited by Moti24
Add
  • Like 1

Personally, I look forward to being told when to wake up, where I should eat and being reprimanded for staying out too late. They will know where to find you. Don't stay in a no tell hotel! 555

Will they fine me for being where they don't want me at any time? Just a thought. I think the coporoos could have big fun with this. Maybe they could send a female cop to solicit sex? Or arrest you for solicitation of any female?

I will need to know the address of the local jail so my family knows where to send my mail. 555

There was a livestream on utube yesterday a bar in rawai girls screaming, dancing, one lying on the floor playing with herself, anyone watching who perish the thought was into those wild shenanigans would of booked the flight there and then..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

EOC Phuket Sandbox

This is Sandman, give me your location!!

Watching falang, over.

Put cameras in every room!!

Done, over

We've planted 10 million fake Tinder accounts to trick him

I'll fine him 1 million, over

I want men on him on every corner

I'll fine him if he isn't spending money every minute, over

Remember, mask check 4 a.m.

He's showering without a mask, SWAT team moving in......over and out

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why is it that only foreigners are being targeted and looked down on as disease ridden dogs.  I'm fully vaccinated but will still be looked at with utter disgust simply because I'm a foreigner.  Doesn't make for a pleasant holiday.

And the few Foreigners that do decide to brave the Phuket Concentration Camp, as soon as they set foot outside the Hotel, will be greeted with lines of False Smiley Faces all offering the very best of everything, at a cheap price.

All Foreigners are looked upon with disgust, until the persons Wallet is opened, and then you have the above scenario.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pkrv said:

Big Brother is watching you - to make sure you dirty farang spend lots of money.

Install the App ? what will they do is some holiday makers have left their phones at home,  

16 minutes ago, kennw said:

Install the App ? what will they do is some holiday makers have left their phones at home,  

That's what the GPS wristband is for, they've thought of everything!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket will be the first province to welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors, without quarantine, from July 1st

Terrible idea based only on financial loss by influential hoteliers on the island. 

No foreign tourist should be allowed until all Thais have been vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1