Chauvin Gets 22.5 Years..

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nobody's going to buy multiple million dollar mansions on donations to that narrative...

Well perhaps you can explain how the exact same situation occurred in Dallas and the man killed was white and the police officer black and yet no charges were brought.  You have reverse racism in that because Chauvin was white and the victim black suddenly it becomes racist while the reverse is not true.  

If Chauvin was guilty of murder than so was the police officer in Dallas who did not even have charges brought against him despite the medical examiners finding of the death being a homicide.  How is that not reverse racism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heng said:

Irrelevant in a particular murder trial, sure.   Completely relevant in judging the value of a person in society.  Losing some particular people is tragic, while others are no loss at all.    

His family seemed to like him. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

If Chauvin was guilty of murder than so was the police officer in Dallas who did not even have charges brought against him despite the medical examiners finding of the death being a homicide.  How is that not reverse racism. 

I agree with you.  But the Chauvin trail was the reverse racism.  The Dallas case is an example of the rule of law prevailing.  Some homicide is justifiable homicide.  Some is a tragic accident, exacerbated by the victim's own behavior- like OD'ing on fentanyl.

BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that the Chauvin judge should have sequestered the jury so they couldn't hear the mob and Ms. Waters.  Yet another basis for appeal.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:09 AM, jvs said:

This big strong guy was murdered while he was cuffed,did you watch the video?

I see racism is still alive in the USA.

Yes, I ditch the video.

floyd died from a fentanyl overdose, ie the amount of fentanyl in his body killed him.

The video does not show the police officer forcing floyd to take the fentanyl.

Being found guilty of murder is a gross miscarriage of justice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

A whole lot of speculation on both your parts.

Maybe, Could have, If only, But ...

Drug abuse is a health and social services problem.

Truth - he was Murdered by that Cop

He could have been struck by a car, struck by lightning, OD'd, ... who knows

But - He Was Murdered by a Cop

MURDERED - with Malice Aforethought and Intent as they say

floyd was not murdered, it was suicide.

He took the fentanyl overdose himself, nobody else forced it down his throat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His family seemed to like him. 

They certainly do now.  Hopefully every Floyd now will be a college graduate and entrepreneur.   They just needed a windfall like this.  Hopefully they don't turn this lawsuit capital into something worse for their immediate community.  Would make for an interesting follow up 5-10 years from now.       

• Like 1

11 hours ago, impulse said:

As to speculation on my part, the toxicology report indicated he taken had a potentially fatal dose of fentanyl.  And he had Covid. 

But you just go ahead with your rant...

He MAY have had ...

More speculation

I was wondering who the first person to post would use The "He had Covid so that is what killed him" defense.

Speculate away !!!

No Rant - just facts.

Murder is what he did - Murder was what he was charged with - Murder was what he was found guilty of ...

Take him to Gen Pop and we would have Justice too

12 hours ago, impulse said:

I agree with you.  But the Chauvin trail was the reverse racism. 

Yes exactly,

If Chauvin had been black and Floyd white you would have never heard more than a passing mention of the death.  There was such a racial overtone that the government poisoned the well when it deliberately showed the video of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd to the medical examiner prior to the autopsy.  They wanted to guarantee a finding of homicide. 

While I thought there were certainly other ways Chauvin could have and should have restrained Floyd the knee restraint had been used repeatedly and training materials from the Minneapolis Police Dept reportedly show a knee restraint technique. 

With all of that said, you have Floyd with a history of heart disease, high blood pressure with 11 ml of Fentanyl in his system, foaming at the mouth, complaining about not being able to breathe before any restraint was applied and the autopsy did not show any neck trauma.  Did the knee on the neck kill Floyd, possibly.  Did it contribute to his distress, probably.  However the standard in the USA is suppose to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  Fentanyl causes hypoxia a condition where you have difficulty breathing.  Add to that Floyd's high blood pressure heart disease and the fact he was shown to have coronavirus and for me, I would not be able to separate which of those factors was the primary cause of death.  In the Dallas case the victim was white the police officer black.  It did not so much as make the national news and in that case the medical examiner also ruled the death a homicide.  No charges were ever filed against any of the officers because the grand jury also could not ignore the dead mans pre-existing conditions and the fact he had fentanyl in his system.  There is rapidly becoming two systems of justice in the USA.  Where any action against a minority is immediately and severely punished but one against a non minority receives no attention. 

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/minneapolis-police-training-materials-show-knee-to-neck-restraint-similar-to-used-on-george-floyd/89-9f002e3f-972a-4410-86cb-50a1237fc496

11 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

There has been 2 systems since way way before the song Strange Fruit came out in 1939

Very powerful and moving song, especially a YouTube version I watched ages ago with video of black and white stills.

For anyone wondering, it's the Nina Simone cover, tracked it down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Lq_yasEgo&ab_channel=AaronOverfield

Edited by Salerno
Added link

45 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

There has been 2 systems since way way before the song Strange Fruit came out in 1939

They use to say that the scales of justice were tilted against minorities.  They cited as "evidence" the fact that a greater percentage of minorities were in prison versus non-minorities.  Now you have it where if there is a any action against a minority it is viewed as a "hate crime" and somehow more despicable than the same action against a non-minority.  I reiterate if Chavin had been a black police officer and Floyd a white victim, there would have been only a passing mention of it in the news media.  The articles noting the death would have concentrated on his being involved in a crime while being arrested, ingesting a large quantity of Fentanyl, not being being able to breath before being restrained, and also his history of heart disease, high blood pressure and coronavirus.   

I am in no way condoning the restraint Chauvin put on Floyd but I remain unconvinced it was the sole cause of death or for that matter even the primary cause of death.  The man was foaming at the mouth, complaining about not being able to breathe while in the back of the police cruiser.  That shows me, he was in distress long before being restrained on the ground.   If anything the police should have sooner recognized him being in medical trouble earlier when they witnessed him foaming at the mouth and called for medical assistance at that time.  But I have the benefit of 20.20 hindsight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

For anyone wondering, it's the Nina Simone cover, tracked it down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Lq_yasEgo&ab_channel=AaronOverfield

Here is the original -

Southern trees bearing strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the roots
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees
Pastoral scene of the gallant south
Them big bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolia, clean and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh
Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the leaves to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop
Edited by canthai55

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 6:35 AM, clivebaxter said:

If he had obeyed the law in the first place he would still be here, unless the drugs he took had finished him off. Difficult job for the police having to deal with big strong guys being un cooperative and out of their heads on chemicals. Does not look like a fair trial or sentence.

Who in there right mind would want to be a cop these days?Apparently this fellow was high on drugs when apprehended. The cop wasn't alone so why didn't they cuff him or use a couple zip ties? Easier said than done. I truly hope he gets/wins an appeal for lesser time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Who in there right mind would want to be a cop these days?Apparently this fellow was high on drugs when apprehended. The cop wasn't alone so why didn't they cuff him or use a couple zip ties? Easier said than done. I truly hope he gets/wins an appeal for lesser time.

I hope they let him out of Ad Seg - put him in Gen Pop

Then justice will be served - after his pant waist size increases about 10 inches.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, jaideedave said:

Have a look at reddit bad cop no donut which keeps track of many police incidents and their antics.

Truly hope if there is an appeal, chauvin gets extended time and his accomplices are sentence to long jail terms.

There is absolutely no reason for the police to treat another human the way they did. All Chauvin had to do was listen to the bystanders and render some assistance earlier on and he would never have found himself in the  situation he is in now.

Edited by userabcd