Phuket officials issue new order for Sandbox tourist arrivals from July 1

webfact

another soon to be revealed rule is that on their first morning there, the tourists will get to bond with each other by taking a walk on the beach, 1 meter apart, and collect all the trash that is on the beach, thus combining healthy aerobic activity and community (slave labor)service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but reading these rules, all foreign visitors must first go to Phuket for 14 days, after which, if they are clear of infection may travel other places in Thailand?  There does not seem to be any provision in this order for others who wish to travel directly to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, or Koh Tao having transited from places such as Hong Kong, Singapore or other such staging Countries?  Maybe it is because this is an order that is directed to Phuket and a new order will be published (hopefully before 15 July!)specifically for the three Islands?  Hugs and kisses to all from Mr Very Confused on Samui!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the latest order issued includes many details not yet revealed and will be in effect from next Thursday, such as tourist arrivals must spend their first night at their hotel while waiting for the results of the COVID test taken at the airport on arrival.

Pick up at airport 

1B4F3C2F-C680-4B41-9C3A-2106785DD6F3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I don't know if I am missing something, but isn't it a bit late in the day to be making further changes to the sandpit? These chaotic last minute changes don't give the impression that this is well thought through? And if I were a tourist thinking about wasting my vacation on Phuket, I would be worried that the sandpit rules could be changed arbitrarily by clowns , at any time, and in a costly way. What a joke.

a bit late?? you not believe this was the last change of rules before 1st july...do you?

Edited by huuwi
spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

That's a great idea. Get the tourists up at the crack of dawn for a bit of square bashing.

Attention! About turn! Left, Right, Left, Right .....

I wondered where you were going with that for a second.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Officials have also confirmed that before being allowed outdoors, all tourists must be outfitted with TAT’s new “Prayuth Tour-inator ” farang tracking device.

track1 - Copy.jpg

Sure, make fun.

You purposely avoided mentioning that the tracking packs were available in gaudy Hawaiian print patterns and the antennae doubled as fishing poles.

• Haha 1