Ubonjoe - Visit to Thailand -Please help!

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance only needs to be valid for the length of stay you get when you enter the country.

Look here for the covid 19 insurance. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

You wife does not have to have the covid 19 insurance.

You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that will allow one 90 day entry.

How long do you plan on staying here?

• Like 2

You state stay in Thailand for 3 months.

You could obtain non O marriage in UK. That would stamp you in for 90 days.

If more time is required you could obtain 60 day extension to visit wife. 

You could even enter tourist visa and follow with extension to visit wife.

60+60 days. 4 months

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

This from the Vancouver consulate covers the information above (except that this quotation includes a reference to multiple entry, which is not at issue here):

6. For the purpose of visiting family in Thailand or visiting as a spouse of a Thai national:

• The applicant must present a valid and effective marriage certificate and a copy of the spouse’s Thai Passport or Thai National I.D. card. Fiancés are not included in this category.
  • To visit as the relative of a Thai national, the applicant must show documents proving such a relationship.
  • For multiple entry: required document to proof monthly income minimum 40,000 Baht (for last two month) or Bank balance 400,000 Baht
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

He is in the UK and they use the e visa site that does not allow for multiple entry non-o visas.

Precisely, which is why I entered the caveat about multiple entry visas not being at issue here.

I'm assuming your wife has dual citizenship and has a current Thai passport? If not, she should apply at the Thai Embassy to get a new passport. Otherwise she will have to travel on her UK passport and meet the same requirements as yourself.

Just remember that your wife should leave the UK on her UK passport and enter Thailand on her Thai passport (and leave Thailand on her Thai passport and enter the UK on her English passport).

On 6/26/2021 at 4:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance only needs to be valid for the length of stay you get when you enter the country.

Look here for the covid 19 insurance. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

You wife does not have to have the covid 19 insurance.

You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that will allow one 90 day entry.

How long do you plan on staying here?

I think that now Thais cannot stay in free state quarantine the requirement for Thais to have $100k Covid is changing as well. I am not 100% sure but I have heard rumours and this infographic from the RTE London re the Phuket Sandbox, seems to confirm that Thais need insurance as well.

FB_IMG_1624851871511.jpg

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

I think that now Thais cannot stay in free state quarantine the requirement for Thais to have $100k Covid is changing as well.

That starts on the 1st. Not sure about the covid 19 insurance since Thais get free medical care.