British Passport renewal / Retirement visa extension / Covid AZ 2nd dose !!!!

17 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

So here's my question, The bank balance on the letter will match last entry in the Savings book but the date in the Saving account bank book will be different ie 1 week old. Do I deposit 100thb tonight, tomorrow before new statement and Bank Book update or just leave as is with the last Bank entry being 1 week ago ?

No need to go through the palaver of depositing 100 THB in the case of a Bangkok Bank account. All you need to do is to stick your passbook into an updating machine on the day of your trip to Immigration and it will print out a further line confirming your balance as at that date coded B/F. Can vouch for this on the basis of personal experience with my Bangkok Bank account.

Incidentally I trust that the Bangkok Bank branch you'll be visiting is the one where your account is held. Your chances of obtaining a further statement at any other branch will be slim to none once they've taken copies of your new passport only to find out that its number doesn't match your previous passport's as recorded in Bangkok Bank's systems. Instead you'll probably be referred to your home branch for both the further statement and getting your new passport details recorded in Bangkok Bank's systems. Can again vouch for this on the basis of personal experience when I last renewed my passport in 2013.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

No need to go through the palaver of depositing 100 THB in the case of a Bangkok Bank account. All you need to do is to stick your passbook into an updating machine on the day of your trip to Immigration and it will print out a further line confirming your balance as at that date coded B/F. Can vouch for this on the basis of personal experience with my Bangkok Bank account.

Incidentally I trust that the Bangkok Bank branch you'll be visiting is the one where your account is held. Your chances of obtaining a further statement at any other branch will be slim to none once they've taken copies of your new passport only to find out that its number doesn't match your previous passport's as recorded in Bangkok Bank's systems. Instead you'll probably be referred to your home branch for both the further statement and getting your new passport details recorded in Bangkok Bank's systems. Can again vouch for this on the basis of personal experience when I last renewed my passport in 2013.

Thanks for the tips but I did deposit the 100thb the night before anyways which only takes a minute on the SCB app.

I remembered your tip about the machine but the automatic Printing ATM machine at my branch has been bust for a couple of months now !

So when I popped in yesterday morning to get the updated "recent" bank statement they did update their system with the new passport details.

I got the 11 month statement, the "recent" statement and letter.

Things sort of went OK applying for the Custodian visa EXCEPT the IO couldn't work out that even though I had 1.2Million in two bank accounts, one (SCB) was below 400k THB so he got fixed on that as I had NOT produced a statement from the SCB account. His suggestion was come back in 1 week when my Bangkok Statement would show 12 months of 800K + THB. 

So interesting point when applying for a Custodian Visa, you only need 400k thb for 1 week prior to application EXCEPT if you're converting from a retirement Visa and then they do check you 400k/800k thb balances for the previous year etc. Well they do in Phuket that is ....

And also dont bother using a Bangkok Bank account if you want a 12 month statement !

3 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

So that begs the question does your 800k thb for retirement have to be in ONE savings account ?

If it's in two accounts does that not count ?

You can have the 800k baht in more than one account but some office don't like you doing it. It gets more complicated since you need a bank letter, bank book copies and statements for each account.

• Like 1