Pattaya to pilot Koh Larn tourism reopening

webfact

After Koh Larn important sight seeing locations for quality tourists in Pattaya like Soi 6, Walking Street, LK Metro, Soi Buakhao and other such places might follow? Perhaps travel bubbles with special shuttle services? Or perhaps enough entertainers will move to Koh Larn? The new island of entertainment? The new tourist attraction for quality tourists? 

I already go ( again started last week ) 2 times a week .. 

im puzzled as to how ‘ international’ arrivals will get there … fly to BKK , coached to Bali Hai .. somehow smuggled onto their own individual ferry’s 

then on arrival ( at either Pier ) bussed to their little hotels ? 
will the ‘ piers ‘ be partitioned off for the standard person living in Pattaya and have to board another ferry   ( like me ) ? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

35,000 Australians waiting to return to the country

bit of a typo there i think......that must be the number of reffo's in camps who aren't Australians and wanting to get to Oz,

3 hours ago, smedly said:

4 ferries and Koh Larn is full - it's the size of a stamp

Maybe that's the plan ? All 500 international tourist who arrive in Thailand will stay there (where I am not sure, I have spent 1 day there, 2 would be enough for me), take a few photos to show how full it is ? ???? profit !!!

I really wish our public servants in administrative government positions would focus on obtaining decent vaccines and then making sure that all those residing in Thailand receive the needed vaccinations as quickly and efficiently as possible.  No one will want to visit Thailand until that is done.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, wombat said:

bit of a typo there i think......that must be the number of reffo's in camps who aren't Australians and wanting to get to Oz,

This what I have read before, now maybe the number is changed

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/15/beware-the-illusion-of-fortress-australia-we-remain-isolated-as-others-reopen

1 hour ago, Howiehotspur said:

I already go ( again started last week ) 2 times a week .. 

im puzzled as to how ‘ international’ arrivals will get there … fly to BKK , coached to Bali Hai .. somehow smuggled onto their own individual ferry’s 

then on arrival ( at either Pier ) bussed to their little hotels ? 
will the ‘ piers ‘ be partitioned off for the standard person living in Pattaya and have to board another ferry   ( like me ) ? 

What is open there please?  I'm in Pats and a day out might be nice - if I can persuade my wife to get on a boat, she's not a fan at all.

1 hour ago, Howiehotspur said:

Sea plane from Phuket......

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I really wish they would give details of exactly where these international tourists will be coming from.

I really wish they would publish exact details of where, and when, they suddenly acquired all these Vaccines to Inoculate 70 % of all Business Owners, and Workers on the island.

I assume only with one shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Nah they'll let them fly into Bangkok then use some means of transport to Pattaya...

what could possibly go wrong with that?

Given it's been happening since ALQ started without any problems, not a lot.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I really wish they would give details of exactly where these international tourists will be coming from.

why are you being so anal and wanting details and numbers.. after all not even the TAT deals with these .... just throw out a number and a few countries where the tourists will flock from dude  LOL 555

5 hours ago, ironbark said:

There wont be many tourists from Australia where you have to get permission from the govt to leave the country then spend more than $3000 on hotel quarantine when you get back ....

So back to being a penal colony. History repeats itself.....????

This Gov needs to vaccinate  most of their populace and  then repair damages to tourists areas in Phuket/ Pattaya, no one wants to visit slums.  Plus in phuketif they would want to leave after quarantene say to Bangkok  all bars are closed, retaurants only have take away , malls close by 9 PM, no clubs open or large gatherings alowed. Why come?

Edited by Tony125
correction

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The only foreseeable drawback is all prospective tourists must be qualified parachutists as there is no airport on Koh Larn ..................LOL 

No need for a stinking airport.      They can  just be dropped in the water off the beach.????????

"To make this ambition possible, the city has launched a vaccination drive for businesses owners and workers on the island, with about 70% of them now vaccinated."

Err, ahem . . . what about the "others"?  I'm sure it's just bad reporting but there are "others" that aren't "business owners and workers" -- ex-pats, spouses of workers, and, of course, the "others" that don't pay taxes or are officially employed!