Pattaya to pilot Koh Larn tourism reopening

webfact

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I really wish they would give details of exactly where these international tourists will be coming from.

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

or where they will be staying on Koh Larn - has there been a lot of building going on there or are they putting tents up - the place is the size of 3 beaches with little else or room for little else 

I can only imagine you have not been there. I had the privilege of living on Kho Larn for many a time. The island has a multitude of beautiful accommodation places. I would recommend it too any traveller. 

• Like 1

All of this with vacine shortage,  and lack of equal vaccination of whos here.  The numbers are still rising (whats reported) and the Delta strain is heree.  Many have had only one dose, which as far as Delta strain goes is like not having any dose.  No way it can work without a compatible vaccine against the nee strain and people getting two doses of it, and the proper time elapsed for it to be effective.  Its just not going to work on Thai time!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pattjock said:

So international tourists on koh Larn before they will be allowed in Pattaya.

Are they going to build an international airport on koh Larn or just allow visitors from international cruise ships?

Nah they'll let them fly into Bangkok then use some means of transport to Pattaya...

what could possibly go wrong with that?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ironbark said:

There wont be many tourists from Australia where you have to get permission from the govt to leave the country then spend more than $3000 on hotel quarantine when you get back ....

The news report that there are about 35,000 Australians waiting to return to the country and that quarantine places are very limited, from an old place for prisoners Australia has not evolved much it seems to me.

Edited by ICELANDMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

The only foreseeable drawback is all prospective tourists must be qualified parachutists as there is no airport on Koh Larn ..................LOL 

Speedboat from Pattaya Beach, I was offered one only yesterday. 

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, back in the real world today, Chonburi province reports 390 new cases, Sattahip 20, Banglamung 46, Sriracha 206 cases, Chonburi city 68 with other places in the province reporting various figures, so let's open up & have a party ????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wijipa said:

I can only imagine you have not been there. I had the privilege of living on Kho Larn for many a time. The island has a multitude of beautiful accommodation places. I would recommend it too any traveller. 

been there many times 

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

When there is no leadership one tends to do is dream!  Like most dreams they have no foundation it is all a fantasy. ????  It is a total clown show right now.????

Amazing Thailand aka "The Grand Illusion" as STYX once sang about

1 hour ago, ironbark said:

There wont be many tourists from Australia where you have to get permission from the govt to leave the country then spend more than $3000 on hotel quarantine when you get back ....

Or the North Korea.