Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreigners AND their families

webfact

I had a jab today at PhryaThai 2 as did a great many other foreigners there and none of the ones I spoke to had a work permit, they were almost all older retirees or with conditions. I registered on the page with little effort and got a date. There was a window of a week or so when it worked and the dates were filled. That said, a nurse today said they could do twice as many if they had the vaccines. 

I don't think it matters what the Foreign Chambers of Commerce says, as simply there is no way to register, "As the current round of vaccination appointments is full" (https://thailandintervac.com/).

On another note, is there some kind of dissonance disconnect between reality and fantasy going on? BKK locking down and Phuket opening up. 

Edited by Ragged
spelling

Headline:
Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreigners AND their families

Reality:
Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreign business owners, their workers, and their families.  The rest of the foreign expat community?  ****-off!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Its not a medical thing but an attitude problem that we will have to wait until the thalis get vaccinated. 

Get you facts straight please.

I have had my first vaccination.

Please do not post misinformation.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, jvs said:

Something else to talk about!!!More talk means less action over here.

Vaccinate with what?

Doctors all of the nation are screaming for vaccine ,only to be told there is enough.

Take it easy.

And the measly amount are mostly the Chinese <deleted>.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

Get you facts straight please.

I have had my first vaccination.

Please do not post misinformation.

There reports of foreigners being turned away,canceled appointments,etc 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

So far the registration on the ThaiIntervac.com site had only allowed registration for those holding work permits so it did not include the families of the foreigners or people over the age of 60.

It's perhaps just a small detail, but.... that's not true what was written above.  I was able to use the thaiIntervac.com site to register for vaccination.  I do not have a work permit and have never worked here.  I am, however, over 60 years old which enabled me to use that site A MONTH AGO.  It was open and worked, albeit a bit buggy, for a week or so, and I had my rendez-vous assigned for an AZ vaccine in Bangkok.  I realize, however, that they have since essentially shutdown that site.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Chairman of the JFCCT (Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce Thailand) Stanley Kang said there were 500,000 foreign businessmen an their families and 2 million foreign employees and their families. 

These two and a half million people need to be prioritised and vaccinated before the end of the third quarter (that's the start of October at the latest), reported Thai business media.

Is Chula still looking for volunteers? There could be 2.5 million lining up for the shot...

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So much misinformation everywhere.

Foreigners have no choice but to pay Social Security when working in Thailand. (Well - I had no choice!)

More than 1,500 foreigners vaccinated in Koh Samui yesterday - many were people on retirement visas.

That's good. What vaccine?

2 hours ago, Snig27 said:

. That said, a nurse today said they could do twice as many if they had the vaccines

That one sentence is a sad indictment on the situation in Thailand.

Sums it al up. 

Lack of supply of vaccines.

13 hours ago, Thailand said:

I Don't worry about the retirees the various governments will be following the example of the French. ????

Ooops. Almost answered factually, then I saw the emoji.  I'm in agreement with your sentiments.

Edited by mikosan
Content correction

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

Beach Road in Pattaya. Vaccine registration ONLY for people with blue housebook registration and a Thai ID.

1351477289_Pattayavaccines.thumb.JPG.a93f4f0e148d90cbd9d59bbe70087213.JPG

My wife went already 3 times to registrate for vaccin, every time, sorry no have vaccins,and yes she has blue book and thai ID.

8 hours ago, Percy P said:

4 weeks now and Hua Hin  hospital still have no vaccine , I'm told to ring every week .Been there 4 times and it's an 80km round trip

Really?  I know many people, Thai and farang, who were vaccinated there last week with AZ.

8 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

You can have my dose(s). I'd rather drop over dead than put some experiment in body. Go for it.

What a stupid statement.  You'd rather be dead than have a vaccine.  Mind boggling.

• Like 2

Am I missing something? I am on an O retirement Visa, I registered for my 

Astrazeneca vaccine on the 7th June. Vaccine was supposedly from USA and just had my first one yesterday. Many Farang, other foreigners and Burmese there.

You can register on link below. The organisation was second to none, at Laguna, Phuket. Cost Free, appointment was at 10.30am got there early, was out by 11.45am. 

Well done Thailand. Register by this link

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

IMG_20210628_111005.jpg

IMG_20210628_110013.jpg

Edited by aussiebrian
Added an extra line.

Sadly T land is going backwards...Until all Citizens and Farangs...of all countries are up to date with the full Vax doses nothing will Progress...Forget the magic ghosts and 70%..it .needs to be 100 ..or Nothing..."Sandyboxes" are OUT the rest of the World is suffering...but albiet LOS not too bad..still..must...be realistic and aim for say Christmas ....Then open up..Bif time but not before otherwise  sad loss of face.....Wee bit of common sense..eh Chai...or..is it .MPrai...as usual..sad

16 minutes ago, aussiebrian said:

Am I missing something? I am on an O retirement Visa, I registered for my 

Astrazeneca vaccine on the 7th June. Vaccine was supposedly from USA and just had my first one yesterday. Many Farang, other foreigners and Burmese there.

You can register on link below. The organisation was second to none, at Laguna, Phuket. Cost Free, appointment was at 10.30am got there early, was out by 11.45am. 

Well done Thailand. Register by this link

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

IMG_20210628_111005.jpg

IMG_20210628_110013.jpg

Is that really a sign up site?   I don't need to sign up or anything but that's the kind site name that I would think might give me a virus or malware.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heng said:

Is that really a sign up site?   I don't need to sign up or anything but that's the kind site name that I would think might give me a virus or malware.

If you follow the link the actual URL is in Thai language, just displaying as gibberish on here for some reason.

• Like 1

If something didn't smell about this covid thing before = like the first thing the public saw on tv and cable news was Chinese people in wuhan china walking down the streets falling over dead= we know now that covid doesn't work like that so call me curious : (  

You don't need to be Einstein to realize that the biggest problem facing Thailand now is the lack of sufficient quantities of vaccines.

Unfortunately motherhood statements by Stanley Kang and his ilk are not going to change that.

A more practical approach would be for the organisation to seek donations of the vaccines to Thailand from the 35 countries they represent.

PS not Sinovac please.

16 hours ago, moogradod said:

My mistake. Wife just said that her driving license shows only what is on the ID-card - which is the Korat adress.

Now it is getting really desperate. I hope at least my Thai wife can register somewhere where she lives (in Pattaya - with me) let alone getting a shot which might not be very effective with the Delta and Delta+ variants lurking. I hear that millions have been vaccinated already, even foreigners with pink ID cards. Where in Pattaya can at least my wife apply ??? I have already familiarized myself to wait until a private hospital gives me a shot for what I would gladly pay. When I will survive until then.

Moogradod

Send your Mrs or take her down to Beach Rd.

I did same on the Darkside weeks ago lady took ID and got registered, but no other details since.  

She got a slip paper with QR Code

Hope you can get the Mrs done

and more vacvines roll out for all that want or need it.

Changbeer4me

Edited by Changbeer4me
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

Beach Road in Pattaya. Vaccine registration ONLY for people with blue housebook registration and a Thai ID.

Where and when was that?? 

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

Whereabout on beach road was that?

So much salt against the joint chambers for stating the obvious.

This thread is about vaccinating foreign workers, not foreigners being vaccinated that are either in high risk groups due to age or because they live in areas that are being heavily vaccinated in a tourism sandbox.

here is a joke door knockers in the province I live in are telling the Thais not to take the jab because it is killing more people than the virus, and to add to that for the first time since this started we know someone who court covid 19  he is 25 average build and fitness and smokes, and no jab he was in hospital for 4 days then allowed to go home he said for first 2 days very hard to breve after that okay