Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreigners AND their families

webfact

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So much misinformation everywhere.

Foreigners have no choice but to pay Social Security when working in Thailand. (Well - I had no choice!)

More than 1,500 foreigners vaccinated in Koh Samui yesterday - many were people on retirement visas.

Thats Koh Samui. So how about foreigners not living in either Phuket or Koh Samui? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Beach Road in Pattaya. Vaccine registration ONLY for people with blue housebook registration and a Thai ID.

....and for Thai Nationals I suppose. How about my Thai wife which has a tabien baan from Korat - at least she has the Pattaya living adress on the driving licence. This should do it or not ?

And how about me, 65+ and having 4 of the predispositions ? Where can I register ??

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Odd comments considering this is an expat forum and the Joint Chambers are looking out for our interests. ????

If they were really looking after "our" interests, they would be pressurising their respective governments, not the Thai government who have their own people to look after. 

2 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

These "businessmen" are misguided if they think for one minute that the Thai Government will prioritize them and their families whilst hard working Thais cannot get vaccinations currently, and some have to wait many months. The elitist attitude of these people is unbelievable! if they have any bussiness skills at all they should be talking to their respective embassies and trade missions!

I understand that Thais are first because this is Thailand. But some foreigners who live here a long time, should be seen as Thai. And they could be the first who registered, but it looks as if they are first waiting for every single Thai to get vaccinated, while some haven't even registered. And if 100% of them won't register, then neither foreigners can get the vaccine. 

Tourists or people who stay here just a short while, they can wait. But people who live here and pay tax shouldn't have to wait because of the size of their eyes and the amount of melanin in their skin... 

But like my other posts, I honestly think I don't need the vaccin, but they keep saying No Vaccine No Travel or whatever is coming later. They really want everyone to be vaccinated, so then also vaccinate everyone instead of nitpicking about who can go first. First to sign up should be first. 

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

More than 1,500 foreigners vaccinated in Koh Samui yesterday - many were people on retirement visas.

Not more fake news.  Vaccinated?  or 1/2 vaccinated

Receiving a vaccination is being vaccinated.  Receiving the 2nd dose is also called being vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

vaccinations with Chinese vaccines imported at inflated prices

"Imported at inflated prices"?   Where did you get that gem from?  But what's the relevance when everyone is being offered vaccination at no cost?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, phuketwin.com has been accepting passport info and giving out appointments to retirees. Most of my retired friends on the island have received their appointment and many have had their first free jab ( can select Sin or AZ ) and selection of multiple jab sites on island. Phuket is finally doing something right and setting a standard for rest of country.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moogradod said:

....and for Thai Nationals I suppose. How about my Thai wife which has a tabien baan from Korat - at least she has the Pattaya living adress on the driving licence. This should do it or not ?

My mistake. Wife just said that her driving license shows only what is on the ID-card - which is the Korat adress.

Now it is getting really desperate. I hope at least my Thai wife can register somewhere where she lives (in Pattaya - with me) let alone getting a shot which might not be very effective with the Delta and Delta+ variants lurking. I hear that millions have been vaccinated already, even foreigners with pink ID cards. Where in Pattaya can at least my wife apply ??? I have already familiarized myself to wait until a private hospital gives me a shot for what I would gladly pay. When I will survive until then.

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Where in Pattaya can at least my wife apply ??? I have already familiarized myself to wait until a private hospital gives me a shot for what I would gladly pay. When I will survive until then.

If a Thai can't work out how to find out how to make enquiries about vaccinations why not get her done privately at the same time as you?

So much misinformation everywhere.

Foreigners have no choice but to pay Social Security when working in Thailand. (Well - I had no choice!)

Phuket also, preparing for Sandboxes...I was number 100 this morning at Patong.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If a Thai can't work out how to find out how to make enquiries about vaccinations why not get her done privately at the same time as you?

Of course she will get that as well as a booster. But I want her to get whatever she can as fast as possible - following the strategy that so many have pointed out here and which has finally convinced myself.

It is just a question of time. I am not very much optimistic. Soon we might have a REAL wave here in Thailand. Indian-style-like. And indeed - many Thais do not know either where to go. My wife is actually well connected and she has been given 4 adresses where to register (like the one shown in the picture) - the question remains: will they accept her with her Korat Tabien Baan. Answer to myself: We will visit there tomorrow and see.

This article  has not  great value to report 

"the need for the Thai government to vaccinate foreign businessmen, foreign employees and their families as a matter of priority."

These foreigner living in Thailand should not get preferential treatment over the Thai people, and  force the government to put them first in line. the government has establish a program and it is the same everywhere  else in the world.

so  you take the long  line of people waiting for vaccination and make all of them first in line ===== haha

Majority of Thai people ( making less than $20/day) has no way to go but get vaccinated locally.  Foreign workers(making $200/day or more)  have the option to get it locally or spend the money and go to their home country and get the vaccinated and returned through Phuket.  They should not complain to the government

the government has said many times that they will inoculate all people living in Thailand including foreigners. I do not see an issue here.

• Like 1

I have an update on my own situation, marooned as I am in Isaan. A couple of weeks after my wife registered me as a 60+ person at the local hospital where my details were written into a book, she was called by the village health care centre today after they had been notified by the hospital. They requested a copy of my passport and her ID - and now we've been COMPUTERISED! They even offered to come and collect the documents, but she popped down the road to see them.

It's a start I suppose. No appointment, no vaccine, but we're in the computer.

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

1500 approx. foreigners done yesterday with AZ inc me . going on till the 30th seems there were all ages the Thais were i believe getting sinovac at 2 other locations . next i think will be the border countries workers sinovac .

All for the glory of ?Sandbox project.

I received my AZ vaccine today courtesy of the Thai Gov't. Of course I would and still prefer to pay for a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, via any private or public organisation. So thanks Thailand (of course I have contributed 15 years of social security, plus paid taxes). The British Embassy has done sweet FA as they always. They simply seem to be a  road block to anything pragmatic or useful. I really don't understand what they do to help their overseas citizens frankly.

6 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

I received my AZ vaccine today courtesy of the Thai Gov't. Of course I would and still prefer to pay for a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, via any private or public organisation. So thanks Thailand (of course I have contributed 15 years of social security, plus paid taxes). The British Embassy has done sweet FA as they always. They simply seem to be a  road block to anything pragmatic or useful. I really don't understand what they do to help their overseas citizens frankly.

Agreed, I got my first dose of AZ last week, second is in 12 weeks (11 now).  But if I can buy Pfizer or Moderna, I'll take that too. 

I'm well aware that this is vaccine that someone else could use, seems that I'm not as nice person as I thought I was when my own life is at stake.

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

And having your vaccine choice being substituted with SinoGarbage is total BS!!!

The vaccine is free, why should you have a choice? In China people there believe all the western vaccines are garbage. 

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

To register is one thing, not getting an appointment another.

I looked at the registration - failed twice, then heard that the site had been freely offering it's data to all and sundry for a couple of days (2 hours in Thai language) and then paid in advance for a Moderna injection.

With new cases up to over 5400 today I'll be surprised if it's safe to even attend to get a vaccine in a few more months time... Maybe they should lock down and wait until next year?

The leaders are so consume with their patriotism that it blinds them " the more patriot the more stupid "  At this point regardless of your color where you are from if you are here you need to be vaccinated because the virus knows no color.  If you are here you register you get jab stop with all the nonsense of color, where you are from whether retired or working. 

The sooner they stop the bright ideas and doing the two step tap dancing something might actually happen?????

The official Thailand should be ashamed, how dare they? How embarrasing and face-losing is it, if foreign embassies have to fly in (without wasting a full year with local licensed production f"*ç%-ups, banning imports etc.) jabs for their people. 

The French stand out by availing vaccinations by Johnson even in provinces like Udon Thani, free of charge to any French national above 55 years of age. 

The Chinese got in 100'000 jabs for their countrymen, available in Bangkok.

The Swiss - notwithstanding - donated very media-pleasing - the staggering amount of  CHF 200'000 cash (+/- THB 6.5 million) through their ambassador to Anutin some fifteen months ago for Covid19 relief.
Their own country people are given 20 (in words TWENTY) free vaccinations on a first-come-first-serve basis (the Swiss community must be somewhere at 10'000) - an equal embarrassment for the official Switzerland; their own staff most likely got vaccinated free of charge with vaccinations of their choice, flown in as diplomatic cargo! 

The Thai 'government' were very complacent last March 2020. They thought the virus had passed them by. No need to order Vaccines, the numbers here are so low it's not worth it.

Then along came the BIG bite in the ass, supported by lack of organisation or competence. Plus the name calling and derogatory comments by a minister who should know better, but never will.  We have since had the world and his wife leaving Bangkok, spreading the Covid country wide and now we have the workers in BKK leaving in droves. IDIOTS STUDYING TO BE MORONS, and they are likely to first class degrees.

• Like 1