Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreigners AND their families

webfact

1 minute ago, VirgoSG said:

The foreigners vaccinated in Samui yesterday all received AstraZeneca, with a second dose scheduled for September 19th

That's great news....................

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Something else to talk about!!!More talk means less action over here.

Vaccinate with what?

Doctors all of the nation are screaming for vaccine ,only to be told there is enough.

Take it easy.

1500 approx. foreigners done yesterday with AZ inc me . going on till the 30th seems there were all ages the Thais were i believe getting sinovac at 2 other locations . next i think will be the border countries workers sinovac .

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Oh the irony..... 

35 minutes ago, bojo said:

Both wife and sister (both Thai nationals) had Sinovac

Sinovac for Thais at two large hospitals Samui H. In Nathon and Bangkok Samui H.
And Oxford/AstraZenica at Rajabhat tourism college for the 1,500 expats. Next round for the latter is 19 September.

Reasonable well organized operation. Everyone in the queues were extremely glad to get vaccinated before the island opens to tourism in a couple of weeks.

Edited by animatic

This is absolutely the wrong message. We shouldn't have priority and it smacks of elitism and is bound to rub the wrong way.

The trouble is there's been nothing done for months, the entire thing is basically a smoke screen and now things are getting deadly serious.

I understand embassies can't vaccinate because if something goes wrong we can't run to the hospital right? Where's the liability as well?

The solution imo is for all the western nations to stage a field hospital. Foreign nationals go there and get vaccinated then stay regionally a few days to make certain all is well. Given empty hotels all the usual suspect tourist cities now deserted are perfect.

This isn't freaking Cambodia or Suriname even as the article claims millions of us here!

Having said this...is this any way to treat future multi-millionaires that Thailand is laughably targeting???

Mark my words we will be living in this <deleted>+5how for years. The virus will mutate. The only question is when the economy will finally crash.

• Like 2

Koh Samui has vaccines going from yesterday up to the 30th only AZ. I got mine yesterday i believe they are targeting 1500 a day. they had it really well organized took for me total of 1 hr. to get the shot then have to sit for i5 mins after to make sure of no bad effects . Hats off to the workers they were all friendly . next appointment for September !9th for second shot. This venue was for for foreigners only and not just for over 60s so for all ages. 

i think the appointments were from the immigration app. they sent email and SMS with serial number venue and times  . I'm sure there 2 more venues for Thais who missed the appointments back in May 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah.. like THIS is going to happen, foreigners are here to take from, NOT to give to, and certainly not hard to come by Covid shots...

!500 foreigners got the shot yesterday In Samui another 1500 till the 30th sorry to burst your bubble . i have a sore arm today 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

More than 1,500 foreigners vaccinated in Koh Samui yesterday - many were people on retirement visas.

Not more fake news.  Vaccinated?  or 1/2 vaccinated or just a little bit pregnant.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Odd comments considering this is an expat forum and the Joint Chambers are looking out for our interests. ????

Are they ?? If they where , they should have imported vaccines for THEIR people and not wait or call upon snail eating Prayut and his goones . Because we are seeing for months already that their plan isn't working and is not going to work for us for the foreseable future.

• Like 1

I’ve registered at every private hospital that I can. I have even paid 3,800 Baht through my condo building to a hospital for 2 doses of Monderna in the 4th quarter. It’s probably a long shot (pun intended). I want to have options. I’ve asked the Public Health Ministry if my friends could send my some. Haven’t heard back. 
I’ve been offered Sinovac 3 times and locally sourced Astra Zeneca once. Each time I politely declined and said that I’ll wait for the real vaccine. Everyone laughed every time and said good idea. 

According to the Mor Prom app which, for all its faults, provides a daily update on the national vaccine rollout, only 80,000 were vaccinated over the weekend vs the target of 350,000 a day.  Such a huge a shortfall can only be accounted for by another non-delivery of the local AZ but no media seem to have mentioned it.  The best they have ever done is around 290,000 in a day which is still short of the target.  Most days are around 120,000-290,000.   

• Thanks 1

It was noted at the meeting by the Thai-Chinese CoC that nationals from China are being vaccinated by their government.

A great idea but unfortunately the Chinese vaccines are almost ineffective against delta and most likely against beta (AZ has low efficacy against beta too according to the South African trial).

It seems likely that, as the delta variant becomes dominant in Thailand vaccinations with Chinese vaccines imported at inflated prices will have be redone with something better, specially for medical staff who have mainly been given Sinovac.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A meeting of 35 foreign Chambers of Commerce unanimously declared Friday the need for the Thai government to vaccinate foreign businessmen, foreign employees and their families as a matter of priority. 

Vaccinate with what fresh air... Thailand doesn't even have that.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Odd comments considering this is an expat forum and the Joint Chambers are looking out for our interests. ????

No they're not looking out for OUR interests, they are looking after their OWN. Just another bunch of selfish, self entiltled pr***s.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Kang thought a better plan would be to organise the vaccine registration utilizing passports and visas rather than work permits. 

Vaccine should be by age and risk same as Thai people. Virus can't pick out which passport and visa you have. 

Who put this guy in charge. Jeez. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nervona81732 said:

You can have my dose(s). I'd rather drop over dead than put some experiment in body. Go for it.

Your wishes are more likely to come about with that Luddite philosophy. Will drop a plastic flower in your ⚰️ at the Wat with a 'cheers mate!' ???? card! ????