Foreign Chambers of Commerce call on Thai govt to urgently vaccinate foreigners AND their families

webfact

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
23 hours ago, 10baht said:
On 6/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, Tropicalevo said:

More than 1,500 foreigners vaccinated in Koh Samui yesterday - many were people on retirement visas.

Not more fake news.  Vaccinated?  or 1/2 vaccinated

Receiving a vaccination is being vaccinated.  Receiving the 2nd dose is also called being vaccinated.

vaccinated; past participle: vaccinated
  1. treat with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease;
    So you will take just one shot (1/2 fully vaccinated, except J&J ) and think you have full immunity? Good luck with that.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Changbeer4me said:

Moogradod

Send your Mrs or take her down to Beach Rd.

I did same on the Darkside weeks ago lady took ID and got registered, but no other details since.  

She got a slip paper with QR Code

Thanks Changbeer4me

She went to Beach Road today and got registered (handed in copy of ID and tabien baan (although from Korat)) so they told her. But she has no confirmation of whatever kind, no paper, no QR code. She says nobody did receive anything after registering. They referred to a Pattaya Prom application (?) We'll see. If Moderna will eventually become available - even with a fonds perdu pre-paid - I will register all three of us (incl. stepdaugther) for it. So my wife would then get a Moderna second shot if this is compatible - which we will check.

Good luck for you and your missus.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 10baht said:
vaccinated; past participle: vaccinated
  1. treat with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease;
    So you will take just one shot (1/2 fully vaccinated, except J&J ) and think you have full immunity? Good luck with that.

That's not what I said!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Thanks Changbeer4me

She went to Beach Road today and got registered (handed in copy of ID and tabien baan (although from Korat)) so they told her. But she has no confirmation of whatever kind, no paper, no QR code. She says nobody did receive anything after registering. They referred to a Pattaya Prom application (?) We'll see. If Moderna will eventually become available - even with a fonds perdu pre-paid - I will register all three of us (incl. stepdaugther) for it. So my wife would then get a Moderna second shot if this is compatible - which we will check.

Good luck for you and your missus.

Good to hear moogradod.

Have you seen this post might be of inetrest. ?

Good Luck, Best Wishes 

Changbeer4me

Edited by Changbeer4me

On 6/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, webfact said:

A meeting of 35 foreign Chambers of Commerce unanimously declared Friday the need for the Thai government to vaccinate foreign businessmen, foreign employees and their families as a matter of priority. 

I must say, I am usually a strong supporter of our expat communities. However, in this case, their urging comes off as fairly stupid, unless their goal is to further alienate expats in Thailand. 

UNVACCINATED AT-RISK BRITISH NATIONALS IN THAILAND INVITED TO CONNECT WITH BCCT

Over the past weeks the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand (BCCT) has been contacted by many British passport holders residing in Thailand for updates and advice on the current vaccination situation in Thailand. At the same time, we have become aware that some, particularly those at greatest risk from Covid-19, have not yet been vaccinated and have been unable to register to be vaccinated.

The BCCT - www.bccthai.com - is reaching out to this community because of the current uncertainty. Please contact us through our website if you are part of this community and would like the BCCT to try and help. Details below.

Our goal is to coordinate and work with the Department of Disease Control at the Thai Ministry of Public Health to identify a solution. We will also examine potential solutions with other bodies that support British passport holders in Thailand.

Persons aged over 60 years or those with chronic diseases are among target groups for vaccination. Chronic diseases are listed as:-

• Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
  • Coronary artery disease (CAD)
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
  • Stroke
  • Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

BCCT uses a secure membership database in its day-to-day work supporting businesses in Thailand. We have created a new database group in order to capture basic data of at-risk (ie those over 60 years of age or with at least one of the chronic diseases listed above) unvaccinated British passport holders at the following secure link:-

https://members.bccthai.com/connect

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 12:39 AM, Heng said:

Is that really a sign up site?   I don't need to sign up or anything but that's the kind site name that I would think might give me a virus or malware.

Yes, it is. No malaware.

It is an anti virus site if you want to be vaccinated.

• Like 1