Mass exodus from Bangkok after closure of construction sites

webfact

1 hour ago, MasterBaker said:

can you blame them? what else they can do? sleep on a dorm for 30 days?

Worst thing one can do especially if there's no air con .If you have to sleep in a dorm wear a mask at all times.

2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

10 outta 10 half wits,go to the top of the class. lets doubledown on the songkran debacle,how are they gonna make money out of this is what im trying to figure out as thats gotta be the bottom line,no ones that stupid??

Look at asiacurious' comment . They are not making money but saving money by not having to pay , feed and house the construction workers that will be staying behind . That's why the comstruction companies where probably tipped of and now so many workers are on the way back home . Nobody caring about the spread just the money safed . 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

As soon as camps were shut down the workers left. They’ve all gone home to spread the virus. Because the virus is only in construction camps. NOT!

The workers left before the sites were shut down

• Like 1

Driving to Pattaya from Hua Hin yesterday, I noticed the traffic jams everywhere and my lady was blaming road works. Now, I understand, people were fleeing the capital thus spreading the virus all over the country.

The government's disastrous decision making becoming much more than inept, its actually becoming obviously criminal. So many avoidable lives will be lost soon and  this country is going to be a much more scary place as was once Wuuhan, Italy or India recently. I hope I am wrong. Be safe everyone.

Edited by Danny Australia
correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Driving to Pattaya from Hua Hin yesterday, I noticed the traffic jams everywhere and my lady was blaming road works. Now, I understand, people were fleeing the capital thus spreading the virus all over the country.

The government's disastrous decision making becoming much more than inept, its actually criminal. So many avoidable loss lives will be lost soon and  this country is going to be a scary place as was once Wuuhan, Italy or India recently. I hope I am wrong. Be safe everyone.

We'll be driving from Bangkok to Chonburi/Rayong next week.  Hopefully it's calmed down by then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BusyB said:

We could be looking at a second India ... hardly anyone vaccinated, and no prospect of the kind of rollout we're seeing in western countries.

Cambodia apparently has 46% vaccinated - 1 jab or 2 I don't know.

Cambodia is about 17% fully vaccinated at this point (meaning two shots). But that's still about four times better than Thailand at around 4%.

1178242805_ASEANCountriesFullyVaccinatedRate.jpg.2cb3a1ad9f730087bd769e16166f7548.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geistfunke said:

Cases? What kind of cases? Death, serious illness or flu symptoms? Or just an expensive test that says nothing?

If you have not been paying attention, a significant number of people with a positive PCR test end up in the hospital. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Covid now with multiple cases in the district.

Same here. Two weeks ago nothing locally. Nearest case 15 k away.

Now family in same soi have a covid victim plus a policemans family on edge of village also kindly brought it here. Temple in town closed with infected monks along with adjacent school.

Spreading like wildfire it seems.

Marvelous bit of thinking there.  Lets not keep  the covid restricted to a few construction sites around Bangkok, but shut them down and look the other way while the possibly infected can spread to every province in Thailand.

Roadblocks, if anything like they are up my way, will be set up for sure but the only movement will be the guys down the back sharing a bottle of Lao Khao, having a BBQ and playing with their phones while people drive freely by.

I don't blame them leaving.   With half pay , little free food and no medical care,

living in Bangkok is not cheap.  It make logical sense to go back to their home villages.  The only people left are the Burmese workers.. they can't go anywhere

will it make sense for their employer to try to secure some vaccines for them?

... what is happening to the vaccination program?

i guess it went  M.I.A.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jvs said:

I posted on Friday that the roads North east were packed,now you know,.....

the rest of the story.

Why is the government so .............?         Next time don't let them back into the country. The workers that are infected will just infect others everywhere they go.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media was full of stories about the mass exodus from Bangkok to beat the authorities after they closed construction camps in the Thai capital.

So they thought workers were going to hang around to be incarcerated for a month?

With these people in charge things are going to get a lot worse.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Just like the extended Songkran holiday.

Another Government non thinking of consequence decision

Are all provinsial flights in & out of Bangkok cancelled or do they not know that a plane flight does not kill Covid

Not really like Songkran with 50 cases a day more like Songkran with 5000 cases a day!

30 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

Why is the government so .............?         Next time don't let them back into the country. The workers that are infected will just infect others everywhere they go.

I think most of them are Thais heading home until it blows over the migrant workers wouldn't get past immigration at the borders.

• Like 1