Mass exodus from Bangkok after closure of construction sites

webfact

6 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

They gave them a heads up so they can leave, which is good for them. However, all of those workers are now driving to different places in the country, stopping for gas, going into 711, stopping to eat, etc. it will be interesting to see if this move ends up causing a bigger national spread.

Udon province is effectively closing their borders.

What will the average Bangkok-dwelling UM agony aunt be doing to save their doom-laden asses now?

Maybe it's the cynic in me but I get the feeling this situation was intentional. The hi-so Bangkokians probably wanted the worker clusters out of Bangkok and that's what has happened. Now it's just the rest of the country's problem

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I'm starting to think they want a National Lockdown.

There MUST be another angle I simply can't see...

Because there is NO way anyone is this.............................................

To stop demonstrations?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jvs said:

I posted on Friday that the roads North east were packed,now you know,.....

the rest of the story.

Mondays Covid + stats for one day up in  the Northeast just hit a all time high 172 ! I could be off a little but since April, I don't think it ever went above  70 !

Back in May, Sakon Nakhon was asking people coming in from the airport to self quarantine ,me thinks thats not happening much !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

That should seed the virus nicely throughout Isaan and the other provinces. Great move to fan the fire.

The last place I would want to be is in a hospital, waiting to be seen by a 

Dr. for a non covid related issue !

13 minutes ago, MoversandShakers said:

It's a clear sign, in my opinion, that this government, whoever is in charge, has not been able to strike a personal financial cracker out of a any vaccine deal, yet. Otherwise this country could have been flooded with jabs. 

The czar and his minions may have missed the gravy boat on this but in the grand scheme of things, they are just minions in olive drab. Someone, somewhere has done a lot better than just winning a toaster.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The PM has made it very clear: there will be no lockdown. ????????

The icon of truth and reliability. What he says and does, at this stage, means less than zero. 

All credibility is lost. It seems as this catastrophe escalates, so does the degree of incompetence, and bewilderment on their part. It is as if the crisis has unmasked the leadership, and shown the people and the world that the nation is being run by super rich, out of touch, corrupt, mindless toddlers. 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, Danny Australia said:

Driving to Pattaya from Hua Hin yesterday, I noticed the traffic jams everywhere and my lady was blaming road works. Now, I understand, people were fleeing the capital thus spreading the virus all over the country.

The government's disastrous decision making becoming much more than inept, its actually becoming obviously criminal. So many avoidable lives will be lost soon and  this country is going to be a much more scary place as was once Wuuhan, Italy or India recently. I hope I am wrong. Be safe everyone.

Watching this from afar (UK) it is so frustrating watching this moronic "leadership" constantly putting their face-saving priorities ahead of THEIR OWN people, and equally constantly failing to learn from other countries' past errors and current efforts. ???? The useless illegitimate self-abusers always know bloody better!

Your description of their actions as "criminal" hardly even covers it! ????

Stay safe ????

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Bojos. chooks have come home to roost though. Portugal just red-listed Britain. Merkel wants the EU to ban flights from the UK. Hong Kong has just gone ahead and banned them.

Som namnah.

Not quite true......

Portugal and Malta have introduced measures to restrict UK travellers who are not fully vaccinated.

Therein lies one difference vaccination makes. I personally suspect, HK will do similar....we wait and see.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, Surelynot said:

The paper that dare not speak its name claims the workers are being offered half pay and free food if they remain.

I imagine they will then end up with the worst of both worlds...... wives and kids will go home to their villages risking spreading the virus and the paid workers will stay for their half pay and free food..

The name of the newspaper is "Mai Toilet"

• Haha 1