Arbitration in Thailand

Disputes between neighbors can be issues courts don't like to spend their time with.....but those disputes can be most unpleasant for involved parties and affect the quality of their lives.

There is Out-of-court arbitration in Thailand covered by the Arbitration Act B.E.2545 (2002). 

Did any Forum member try this way to settle a dispute and what was the experience?

48 minutes ago, dinga said:

Yes - went down the Arbitration route a few years ago (I had entered into a formal Agreement with a Thai company, and the use of the Thai Arbitration process was specified in the agreement - for all disputes).    Found the Arbitration mob very professional and easy to deal with (everything conducted in english).  Had a few meetings but the matter was dragged out by the company [pr*cks] until it was gained Bankrupcy/Reorganisation Protection by the courts [Note;  my claim was negligible in comparison with the mountainous debts owed by the company].  My costs of pursuing arbitration were very small - but I did it myself and not involve a lawyer.

Good luck!      

Thank you 

My partner's mother will provide a lengthy and detailed judgement for B5,000.

You don't need to provide any detail, just roll up with the B5,000 and let her know the the subject.

Thai only so also bring a translator.

• Haha 1