Covid Extensions

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So did you obtain non o previously then obtain covid extensions? 

17 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Non O Marriage, which is why all this time we have had to attend CW for extensions, MTT sent us back there from the very beginning.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

When does your current extension end?

I am sure if you put the 400k baht in the bank and showed them proof you need another extension to have it in the bank for 2 months.

I have the usual  "under consideration" stamp at the moment, we visited CW yesterday 28th, so somewhere near the end of August

Not arguing but I doubt that IO is going to give me another covid extension to season the 400K

25 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I have the usual  "under consideration" stamp at the moment, we visited CW yesterday 28th, so somewhere near the end of August

Not arguing but I doubt that IO is going to give me another covid extension to season the 400K

They might not do the full 60 days but I think they would do one long enough to have it in the bank for 2 months if you put it in the bank within a week or 2.

I think they are just pushing you to get the one year extension. I assume you have been under the amnesty and extensions for over a year now.

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Seems you have time to season it as you can get one last covid extension, just not at that office.

Also have other visa options thru agents if 400k not possible.

So will this Covid extension [July 28th deadline] be the last one for everyone? Or at least that is what it looks like? I entered the Kingdom with Tourist Visa.

Anyone else tried extending their visa and got the same reaction from CW immigration staffs?

I'm a bit puzzled. I thought Thailand was trying to get more tourists to come in and help with their economy, but they seem to be making it more difficult for foreigners already in the Kingdom to stay longer.

I think it would be a win-win situation for all parties if they just let us feel more relaxed, so we could pay for visa extensions, transportation, housing, food & etc.

7 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Anyone else tried extending their visa and got the same reaction from CW immigration staffs?

He has been applying since day one at CW due to having a non-o visa based upon marriage. They know he qualifies for a one year extension of stay if he can meet the financial proof.

Not the same for other unless they also have a non-o visa.

Edit: At this time the order for the extensions to be issued ends on July 29 but it will likely be extended again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nickmondo said:

of course no farang is stranded here.

if you want to leave, you can

your just using the system to remain here

get the correct visa and stop moaning

or go home

ummm ..........oh never mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lolalol said:

So will this Covid extension [July 28th deadline] be the last one for everyone? Or at least that is what it looks like? I entered the Kingdom with Tourist Visa.

We will know the answer to that question somewhere between July 27th and 31st. I believe it highly likely that it will be possible through September, but no one knows.

• Like 1

After my 30 day extension to my 45 days visa exempt are coming to an end, I applied today in Jomtien for a 60 day Covid extension. Instead they put a stamp in my passport telling me that my stay is under consideration and to come back on August 2.

is this a new process? What are the odds they tell me on August 2 to go home?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

After my 30 day extension to my 45 days visa exempt are coming to an end, I applied today in Jomtien for a 60 day Covid extension. Instead they put a stamp in my passport telling me that my stay is under consideration and to come back on August 2.

is this a new process? What are the odds they tell me on August 2 to go home?

Its a normal process. Its been that way since they started giving out special Covid extension. When you go back they'll give you the rest of 60 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Do I have to provide any new paperwork when I show up on August 2?

No. No new paperwork is required in my experience. Just don't forget to bring your passport.

• Like 1

What about Covid insurance? My current policy was purchased to cover my initial 75 days in Thailand, but my current permission to stay finishes 12 days after my health insurance expires, and I plan to stay another 30 days after that.

I don’t need the insurance because I have sufficient funds here in the bank to cover a Covid hospitalization, and I am vaccinated to boot.

so, do I “need” to get a 30 day policy to get a Covid extension?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

BTW money in bank has nothing to do with insurance.

Yeah, I realize that money in the bank would have nothing to do with any Thai requirement for insurance. I was talking about Real Life. Since I am vaccinated, the odds of my incurring a big hospital bill for Covid is very small.  Insurance would only be useful for me in Real Life to cover my being hit by a bus, or some other illness. 

17 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I and plenty of other people were getting covid extensions on Monday in CW with no problems at all. Obviously the officer is just annoyed with the OP exploiting the situation rather than applying for a 12 month extension. Don't read anything into it. These covid extensions are likely to last until Thailand opens in October but after that I can't see any justification at all for them.

If I may ask, how many Covid extensions have you and the others obtained?

So when we will know if new covid extensions will be issued to the end of September, my 2nd jab is due on the 22nd Sept and i have a flight back to the UK on the 25th so i can release funds to apply for a marriage extension on my return.

Im currently stamped in till 28th July

Edited by CFCjeff

1 hour ago, CFCjeff said:

So when we will know if new covid extensions will be issued to the end of September, my 2nd jab is due on the 22nd Sept and i have a flight back to the UK on the 25th so i can release funds to apply for a marriage extension on my return.

Im currently stamped in till 28th July

Based on previous experience, we will know sometime between July 28th and August 1st (two days after the current expiration of new Covid extensions). It would be nice if they could depart from their usual practice and make the decision a bit earlier this time, but you may need to bite your fingernails and hope for the best.

fyi

We phoned CW Immigration today, gave them a brief history of stay and asked if there was a limit to "covid" extensions.

The lady told us no, you can apply if extension is available. When we told her about the IO officer and her senior telling us no more she said next time go a different day. 

hehe Thailand

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1

Just wanted to ask if anyone here has came across any cases of folks on the STV who has managed to secure an extended stay via the 60-day Covid extension (post the 90-day extensions that are part of the STV)?