Thailandintervac Website

BobinBKK

Probably not until supplies of AZ increase, Thai vaccinations reach ~ 30 % fully vaccinated, and foreign embassy diplomats start squawking.

There was a fake rush by the regime to soothe foreigners, but that has been long forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

depends where you are in Thailand, what's your visa type and your age and nationality, there are many news, twitter is the best place to get latest info

Where on twitter ? Is there an official Government channel where they announce vaccine rollout etc ? Do you have a hashtag for the information ?

I havent seen anything on titter that gives the how, where, when

My son (Thai) registered me on the Phuket government website, I got an appointment thismorning so qam off to see the process in action. Apparently, if you can produce all the right documants Thais and farang are equal.

31 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Where on twitter ?

Specifically for intervac?

None that I'm aware of.

Have to hope one of the hundred or so accounts relevant to Thailand and vaccines that I follow mention intervac re-opening.

AFAIK, any Twitter keyword alert only works on single accounts. So a daily search for "intevac" may be necessary?

Obviously it will get swamped (again), but the brave few will get through.

Half-expecting local authorities to schedule muay thai matches where foreigners fight to the death and the winner gets a vaccine. And yes, you'll have to fight again for the second dose.

Edited by mtls2005

I had a date for the vaccine for the 30th June but then I got notified it was not confirmed. Are they still doing vaccinations at Phayathai 2 hospital? Nothing ever mentioned in the Bangkok Post and no readers have complained. Any news?

2 hours ago, Kevin kerry said:

I had a date for the vaccine for the 30th June but then I got notified it was not confirmed. Are they still doing vaccinations at Phayathai 2 hospital? Nothing ever mentioned in the Bangkok Post and no readers have complained. Any news?

Who notified you that it was not confirmed, and when? Did you check with the hospital directly?

There have been reports of successful expat vaccinations at that hospital from last week, but I don't recall having seen one from this week.

39 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Who notified you that it was not confirmed, and when? Did you check with the hospital directly?

There have been reports of successful expat vaccinations at that hospital from last week, but I don't recall having seen one from this week.

I had a Sinovac jab in Phayathai2  hospital on Monday 28th June. They were doing both AZN and Sinovac jabs, but I could not change to AZN because my original registration on the govt website was for Sinovac due it being the only available slot at the time.

Note  I am over 60 with only a passport number, and my 'organisation' was 'retirement'. No blue, yellow, pink papers required

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I had a Sinovac jab in Phayathai2  hospital on Monday 28th June. They were doing both AZN and Sinovac jabs, but I could not change to AZN because my original registration on the govt website was for Sinovac due it being the only available slot at the time.

Thank you. I just got my confirmation from Phyathai 2 Hospital (by SMS) for my appointment tomorrow as well.

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Where on twitter ? Is there an official Government channel where they announce vaccine rollout etc ? Do you have a hashtag for the information ?

I havent seen anything on titter that gives the how, where, when

Well, if you're French or Swiss.... Vaccines available in Embassies 

4 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Note  I am over 60 with only a passport number, and my 'organisation' was 'retirement'. No blue, yellow, pink papers required

I got mine last Friday and same as you was Sinovac, go back July 23rd for second one, but I also signed up today and paid for 1 shot of Moderna when it becomes available Oct-Dec as I think moderna is better on Delta

19 minutes ago, Winegeeker said:

I got mine last Friday and same as you was Sinovac, go back July 23rd for second one, but I also signed up today and paid for 1 shot of Moderna when it becomes available Oct-Dec as I think moderna is better on Delta

Could you tell which group/hospital you signed up with for the Moderna jab? Mode of payment and whether they gave you a queue number upon showing/uploading proof of payment? Much appreciated, thanks.

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Thank you. I just got my confirmation from Phyathai 2 Hospital (by SMS) for my appointment tomorrow as well.

I'm not from the internet age, so I have to ask "Where/How did you register?

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well, if you're French or Swiss.... Vaccines available in Embassies 

I should think the 20 doses on offer from the Swiss embassy will be long gone by now, even if they're AZ.

8 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

As I am over 60, I registered for Astra Zeneca on June 7th and wasn't notified of a vaccine switch to Sinovac until I showed up at the hospital on June 24th.  Needless to say I said "absolutely not going to happen" and walked out!

Think you should take any vaccine you can presently get and then boost with Pfizer or Moderna when  they become available say at private hospitals.

2 hours ago, watthong said:

Could you tell which group/hospital you signed up with for the Moderna jab? Mode of payment and whether they gave you a queue number upon showing/uploading proof of payment? Much appreciated, thanks.

It’s at Vichaiyut hospital see below, this was translated with google so some spelling mistakes. After I paid it said I will get a confirmation of payment within 5 days and then need to go to hospital to pick up vaccine coupons 

COVID-19 Vaccination booking form, Alternative Moderna, and submit proof of deposit transfer
To those who register to reserve the Covid-19 vaccine, an alternative to Moderna with Vichaiyut Medical Center Hospital  Please send proof of deposit payment from 1 - 5 Jul. 20 using the form attached at the end of this message.  The hospital reserves the right to close the deposit payment before the deadline.  If there are people who pay in full according to the amount specified by the hospital

The hospital is expected to allocate the vaccine within the fourth quarter (Oct.-Dec.) of 2021.

If you are unable to receive alternative vaccines by January 2022, the hospital does not recommend that you pay a deposit for this round of vaccines.  Because the vaccine has a shelf life.

The price of vaccine deposit is 1,700 baht per syringe. The above price includes vaccination fees, injection fees and hospital service fees.  not including doctor fee  (in case of needing to see a doctor)

Payment Methods There are two methods of payment as follows:
1. Transfer money through a savings account  Kasikorn Bank  Phaholyothin Office Branch
Account name: Wichaiyut Company Limited, account number 099-2-53008-1  and attach proof of transfer via this form or send proof of transfer via Line Official Account : @vchmoderna
2. Pay the deposit at the Outpatient Finance, 13th Floor, Vichaiyut Medical Center Hospital between 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. (Please prepare a copy of your ID card or passport.  and mobile phone number  shown by the number of vaccinated recipients)

“The government has allocated the COVID-19 vaccine to the people at no cost.  As for the COVID-19 vaccine booking at private hospitals, it is an option that people can choose to receive.  But you have to pay your own expenses.”

• Thanks 1

The hospital would like to thank you and will send a confirmation SMS and pay back 5 days after the deposit payment date. You can contact to receive the deposit receipt and vaccination coupon 15 working days after receiving the SMS at the Finance Department, Floor  13 Wichaiyut Medical Center Hospital  (You will receive a receipt on the day of vaccination) The hospital does not provide mail delivery service *

• Thanks 1

I thought the private hospitals were going to start taking names & prepay for the Moderna vaccine that is suppose to be here around October? I'm in Chiang Mai and none of the private hospitals that I contacted are doing this? They all said they didn't know of any such program. Does anyone have any info, as I am ready to sign up.

1 hour ago, Winegeeker said:

To those who register to reserve the Covid-19 vaccine, an alternative to Moderna with Vichaiyut Medical Center Hospital  

Thank you for the detailed info. Much appreciated...So this is an "alternative to Moderna", not Moderna per se? I also ran into similar nomenclature with Sukkhumvit Hospital. Their registration site determinedly will not mention the name of "Moderna" throughout, even though their email contact has "modernaskv" in it. (Registration there btw has closed.) When I asked them to confirm that it is Moderna, the question was ignored.

Also for what it's worth, on Vichayut website, the Covid registration only shows in Thai, when I switched language to English, it disappeared.

Again thanks for the info, and wish me luck;=)