Why very little details on Phuket cases ??

LivinginKata

8 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Well. You cite one controversial case. I could quote many other articles with case details in Patong and Cherng Talay

• Like 1

I also have not seen any recent timelines in the English language news - for the timeline of anyone in Phuket who tested Positive for the virus.

It is available in Thai language.

My Thai wife watches this for me, from Thai web sites.  Here is one sample Thai language site with such information:

https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F

Unfortunately the information in the timeline is in a JPEG format, where a Chrome browser translate does not translate such.  I've managed to translate to English by saving the Thai language jpeg on my Android phone, and then using the Android Google translate app to scan and translate it.  However the format provided by Google translate is not in what I consider an easily readable format, and it takes me time to sort the translation into a more readable order. 

Fortunately, its much quicker for me to have my wife look than my having to do the translation with my Android phone.

Still - if I didn't have my wife to help, I can probably do each timeline translation in less than 5 minutes (which for 5 timelines would take just under 1/2 hour to review - rather slow).

• Like 2

You're right LiK.   Its been noticeable the last few months that the English language press has been less that forthcoming with up to date information, the best source of which is social media and in particular the Thai language groups of Facebook.

I may be something of a sceptic, but there's a feeling of true news suppression given the sensitivity of the Phuket 'Sandbox' and the drive to get it over the line and started.   Either that or it's just poor and lazy journalism or the fear of advertising revenue withdrawal.   A large number of people would do their homework before coming to Thailand in general and Phuket in particular, and a couple of clicks on Google will take you to Phuket media, whether you're in Montreal, Manchester, Moscow, Milan or Malmo.

• Like 1

If they don't tighten the regulations for Phuket arrivals from BKK there will be soon a lot more cases. Should be similar to sandbox arrivals. All people must have negative PCR test 72 hours before departure, even they are vaccinated. And, depending on stay, follow up tests....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Also nothing about the oil balls washing up on the beach.

Anyone on Phuket know if they have disappeared miraculously just in time for the "sandbox".

Today no oil balls at patong beach. Complete beach was clean and pristine.

• Like 1

There will be no cases of Covid in the Sandbox.

not look good for TAT, PM and any other Genius who planned this, Phuket will be the HUB of no COVID good for everyone who requires a brown envelope and a pat on the back, don't worry about lockdowns in Bangkok and surrounds and the 5,000plus daily cases but Phuket not get we have planned everything meticulously so absolutely nothing can go wrong, we know what we are doing trust us

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, Boedog said:

There will be no cases of Covid in the Sandbox.

not look good for TAT, PM and any other Genius who planned this, Phuket will be the HUB of no COVID good for everyone who requires a brown envelope and a pat on the back, don't worry about lockdowns in Bangkok and surrounds and the 5,000plus daily cases but Phuket not get we have planned everything meticulously so absolutely nothing can go wrong, we know what we are doing trust us

tenor.gif

You're wrong, social media will always spill the beans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyup said:

The Phuket Provincial Health Office publish figures every day along with a timeline of cases. All in Thai of course .  สสจ.ภูเก็ต.    on their facebook page. You can of course choose to believe them or not!

It is very very slow to scan/OCR and translate via computer/android phone with software that I have. 

The scanning/OCR process is notoriously inaccurate, prone to errors, and I find it takes multiple attempts to get even a partially decent OCR of the Thai characters. 

I think one really needs to read/speak both Thai and English in order to do a translation at any sort of reasonable speed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, schlog said:

Today no oil balls at patong beach. Complete beach was clean and pristine.

A guest at my hotel was just washing oil from his feet an hour ago.  I guess more have already washed up.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, alw22 said:

A guest at my hotel was just washing oil from his feet an hour ago.  I guess more have already washed up.

It's maybe not impossible to step on oil balls on patong beach but since 3 days very very difficult again. Pics from today. May i ask for your guests room number for next lottery?

20210702_064255.jpg

20210702_062112.jpg

• Like 1