AiS and Disney+

NVass

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Did AIS push the Hotstar app to the Playbox via a firmware update?

Does the AIS Playbox support 4K/UHD?

It's more of an app update vs a firmware update.   It's not like a major firmware update where you Playbox does a reboot and you see a little robot-type display as it updates....it's just an update of the AIS Play interface/menu selections....DisneyHotstar will just appear in that menu on the left hand side of the screen.

And yes, the Playbox supports 4K if your TV does.

https://www.ais.th/play/en/package.html

image.png.a803cd4065aef8479b53ebc693259706.png

Edited by Pib

• 5 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, Henryford said:

Works fine on my Samsung tv. Just go to the Internet tab, type Hotstar.com, then click on Disney+

So you watch via a Browser running on your TV?

AFAIK, there is no native Disney+/Hotstar app (HERE in thailand) for Samsung? 

There is a hack, reset the TV, >>289<<, choose Full Apps, change the region to India, which allows you to DL/install the app, then change region back. I haven't tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3CdRJZ3QQA

I cast the app from my Android phone to my Chromecast attached to my TV; both support 4K. 4K content plays at 4K.

I'd prefer the native app, will work on it.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dmaxdan said:

I have a Xiaomi Mi TV stick and the Disney + Hotstar app won't open that either.

All I get is a blue screen and then the Disney + logo.

Let's hope these are just teething problems....

It works fine on both my Mi TV stick and Mi TV box. Where did you get the Disney+ Hotstar app, though? I couldn't find it in the Google Playstore on either Mi device and had to transfer it from my TrueID TV box where (strangely enough) it does show up, even though I'm using the same Google Playstore account.

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Where did you get the Disney+ Hotstar app, though

There are APKs out there, maybe go with one from Hotstar India?

https://m.apkpure.com/hotstar-indian-movies-tv-shows-live-cricket/in.startv.hotstaronly

but these may not work on any old device, or within a region associated with an account.

Total pain.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There are APKs out there, maybe go with one from Hotstar India?

https://m.apkpure.com/hotstar-indian-movies-tv-shows-live-cricket/in.startv.hotstaronly

but these may not work on any old device, or within a region associated with an account.

Total pain.

I think you misunderstand - I have the apk and it works fine on my Mi devices but I had to transfer it from my TrueID TV box as I couldn't find it using the Google Playstore on my Mi devices.

10 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I had to transfer it from my TrueID TV box

Yeah, I as just answering your question on where to "find" the app, APK really.

How did you "transfer" the app from your TrueID streaming box to your Mi devices?

In theory you could sideload the APK to Mi devices.

I finally got the proper (TV) APK sideloaded to my Chromecast with Google TV (CCGTV). I had been trying to sideload a mobile phone APK, which worked but presented in TikTok/portrait mode. D'oh, took me a while to figure this out.

I used this one 

Disney+ Hotstar (Android TV) 5.2.3 (Jan. 29, 2022)
By Novi Digital

installed, fine, logged in using AIS credentials.

(You can't sideload this APK to a Samsung TV; different OS. )

dishstcc-02.jpg

dishstcc-01.jpg

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

How did you "transfer" the app from your TrueID streaming box to your Mi devices?

I used an app called "Send files to TV." It's what I usually use to side-load apps onto my Android TV devices.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, I as just answering your question on where to "find" the app, APK really.

I wasn't asking where to find it though (since I already have it) I was asking @Dmaxdanwhere he found it, since he said he had it installed and it didn't work (and I suspected that where he got it from might be at the root of his problems).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I used an app called "Send files to TV." It's what I usually use to side-load apps onto my Android TV devices.

Interesting app. Thanks.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

wasn't asking where to find it though (since I already have it) I was asking @Dmaxdanwhere he found it, since he said he had it installed and it didn't work (and I suspected that where he got it from might be at the root of his problems).

Ah OK.

His issue may be the same as mine with CCGTV, using the mobile app APK, instead of the Android TV version of the app? And enabling Allow App Installations from Unknown Sources.

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I wasn't asking where to find it though (since I already have it) I was asking @Dmaxdanwhere he found it, since he said he had it installed and it didn't work (and I suspected that where he got it from might be at the root of his problems).

I downloaded the app from the Google play store when it was first available in Thailand  which was June last year.

Since then the app has undergone numerous updates and now works fine.

There were clearly teething problems when Disney plus was first launched here last year.

• 3 weeks later...