Is Philippines Safe?

I walked in an expensive suit through a major city in Phil, felt odd got a a lot of looks, but no attacks. I would say generally safe. This was in 2016 though.

I would agree the women are more beautiful than in Thailand, and an added benefit is that they can speak English, so you can communicate with them easier.

• Like 1

A few years back at the Blue Rock Resort, Baloy Beach near Subic the foreigner who owned the place was executed by a local while drinking. Guy walks in wearing a MC helmet, shoots and leaves.

I was there a few years back staying in a poorer area of Manila. My friends told me NOT to leave hotel alone and to call one of them if I wanted to go out. One night walking to the local 711 type store I took my phone out of my pocket. My friend quickly said put it away, don't let people see.

Also gets a bit concerning when you come back to your hotel on first night and the security guard has a shotgun strapped across his chest and each floor have armed guards at the local mall.

But as I said it was a poorer part if Manila.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always walked from the airport to the bus station.

About 3Km, never any problems.

As for the women, same all over Asia, available and reasonably priced.

I found there were a lot of smaller women in PI, had to set a lower weight limit at 38Kg.

.........and get used to the idea of no divorce.

• Like 1

Just now, nickmondo said:

saying the food sucks is a compliment.

It is absolutely disgusting

I have never tried it, would love to try it, have heard it's awful, there certainly aren't many Filipino restaurants outside of the country worldwide and that speaks volumes.....i find it really hard to imagine that it is sooooh bad, so why is that from an outsiders perspective? What do the Filipinos think of their own food?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

.........and get used to the idea of no divorce.

not necessarily...   

- it is She who can never Divorce.

Been there done that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

Also gets a bit concerning when you come back to your hotel on first night and the security guard has a shotgun strapped across his chest and each floor have armed guards at the local mall.

This has always been what prevented me from going... I may or may not be safe in the store, but when I am outside??

45 minutes ago, Skypirate said:

Philo gals can answer any immigration questions you have concerning bringing them to your country.  They know more about it than your countries IO's.

Was working for an LLC carrier in the Philo's.  Around sunset I was walking with another expat near the Asian Mall in Manila. Armed local police stopped us and told us, "give us what we want, or you come with us".

No desire to go back there.  When I hear an expat brag about his life in Philo-land and how hot of a wife he has, I feel great remorse for him.

I lived for 8 years in the PI and I personally never experienced any problems.  Though we had numerous warnings as they do have a radical group there that occasionally targets westerners.   Also depending on

where you "hang" out could also be considered dangerous.  I spent most of my free time either playing 

golf or scuba diving - some of the best in the world for both sports.  When we would go scuba diving, the boat owner should us his armory saying that there were pirates occasionally but we never saw any.  Also certain areas, especially in the deep south are considered dangerous for westerners too but I went to Zamboanga and

had no problems playing golf or relaxing on the beach where there were no tourists at all.  Only thing negative about the PI is the local cuisine.  Stick to the fresh seafood and avoid the "special" eggs.  Gorgeous women that speak English well.  Most local people I met were really nice.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always walked from the airport to the bus station.

About 3Km, never any problems.

As for the women, same all over Asia, available and reasonably priced.

I found there were a lot of smaller women in PI, had to set a lower weight limit at 38Kg.

Any below that 38Kg limit would probably bust my age limit as well.  If it looks like a 16 year old, it's probably a 13 year old.  So I always gravitated to 40Kg+ and 30 years old +-5 years.  Most 30 year olds have sex drives kicked into high gear and are old enough to know what they are doing.  Olongapo and Subic City (and Barrio Barreta) rocked back in the day.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I lived for 8 years in the PI and I personally never experienced any problems.  Though we had numerous warnings as they do have a radical group there that occasionally targets westerners.   Also depending on

where you "hang" out could also be considered dangerous.  I spent most of my free time either playing 

golf or scuba diving - some of the best in the world for both sports.  When we would go scuba diving, the boat owner should us his armory saying that there were pirates occasionally but we never saw any.  Also certain areas, especially in the deep south are considered dangerous for westerners too but I went to Zamboanga and

had no problems playing golf or relaxing on the beach where there were no tourists at all.  Only thing negative about the PI is the local cuisine.  Stick to the fresh seafood and avoid the "special" eggs.  Gorgeous women that speak English well.  Most local people I met were really nice.

Balut (gag).  Kilawin (raw spicy lemon/lime fish) not bad with a few San Miguals.  I like PI food.

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Any below that 38Kg limit would probably bust my age limit as well.  If it looks like a 16 year old, it's probably a 13 year old.  So I always gravitated to 40Kg+ and 30 years old +-5 years.  Most 30 year olds have sex drives kicked into high gear and are old enough to know what they are doing.  Olongapo and Subic City (and Barrio Barreta) rocked back in the day.

38 Kilo is the average weight of a 12 year old 

e261d4b7c61f922c902d2cd6a2a9115d.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1