First 90-day TM47 report is not necessary while first extension application is "under consideration"?

Is it true that after you file your very first application of extension of stay (60 days after first arrival on a Non-O visa), you do not need to submit a separate TM47 report during the ca. 30 days while the application will be under consideration?

Your first 1-year extension application replaces/subsumes the first 90-day report?

If the "under consideration" period for the first extension starts on day 70 and ends on day 100, do you have to file a TM47 on day 90 to avoid a fine?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the extension.

So if I apply on day 60, the first 90-day report will be due on day 150 = ca 60 days after the extension of day will be approved?

Thx, that was new to me. 

This first 90-day report on day 150 must be done in person instead of online, right?

On 7/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, h3ith said:

So if I apply on day 60, the first 90-day report will be due on day 150 = ca 60 days after the extension of day will be approved?

Thx, that was new to me. 

This first 90-day report on day 150 must be done in person instead of online, right?

That's not what he said. If you apply on day 60, 70 or 80 your 90 day report is still due on day 90.

My immi dept. screwed me around on my extension app and ended up changing my ongoing Non-O extensions (for the last 12 yrs) to a 90 day visit the wife extension. Still had to go back 30 days later and do my 90 day.

The 90 day date only changes if you leave the country because it is solely for reporting 90 continuous days in the country, not when you apply for extension or what kind of visa/extension you have or want.

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

That's not what he said. If you apply on day 60, 70 or 80 your 90 day report is still due on day 90.

My immi dept. screwed me around on my extension app and ended up changing my ongoing Non-O extensions (for the last 12 yrs) to a 90 day visit the wife extension. Still had to go back 30 days later and do my 90 day.

The 90 day date only changes if you leave the country because it is solely for reporting 90 continuous days in the country, not when you apply for extension or what kind of visa/extension you have or want.

the 1st 90 day report is due 90 days after you apply for your 1st married yearly extension, subsequent 90 days are due 90 days after the 1st, and are not effected by any further extensions, only by leaving the country

there are no 90 day visit Thai wife extensions only 60 days

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

the 1st 90 day report is due 90 days after you apply for your 1st married yearly extension, subsequent 90 days are due 90 days after the 1st, and are not effected by any further extensions, only by leaving the country

there are no 90 day visit Thai wife extensions only 60 days

Looks like you have your rules and immigration has theirs. I'll run right back and tell them to cancel my new 90 day extension to visit my wife. Perhaps you can write me a letter telling them asking for 13,000 baht to make it all smoother is illegal.

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

20210706_032937.jpg

when did the previous extension expire, could be a 60 day extension following on from a previous extension which had 30 days left to run, photo please

edit a 90 day extension issued on the 17th may would expire on the 15th Aug, so a previous extension is involved in the process, further you were granted the extension under section 2.24 of police order 327/2557, which is as follows :-'' 2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or  children who are of Thai nationality:  Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days''

Edited by steve187

42 minutes ago, steve187 said:

when did the previous extension expire, could be a 60 day extension following on from a previous extension which had 30 days left to run, photo please

That is a 60 day extension to visit his wife under clause 2.24 of the immigration order.

He must of applied to his extension early or the officer stamped the wrong day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

edit a 90 day extension issued on the 17th may would expire on the 15th Aug, so a previous extension is involved in the process, further you were granted the extension under section 2.24 of police order 327/2557, which is as follows :-'' 2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or  children who are of Thai nationality:  Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days''

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a 60 day extension to visit his wife under clause 2.24 of the immigration order.

He must of applied to his extension early or the officer stamped the wrong day.

Please keep in mind this is the same office that told me that since I was switching from the monthly income method to the money in the bank method of extending my Non-O (married) the money HAD to be in the bank for 3 months, not 2 then offered to do it anyway for the low low price of just 13,000 baht + extension fee.

The money has been in the bank since the 6th of March with a balance of just under 1 million baht. ????

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 8:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the extension.

update for anyone interested in due dates for the 90-reports (different immigration offices may apply different rules):

my 90-day report is due 90 days after the extension was approved, according to the 90-day reminder stapled into my passport together with the extension.

Not 90 days after application, nor 90 days after the 1-year extension starts.

My approval date was several days prior to the start of the 1-year-extension. E.g. approval on July 10 ( had applied 1 month before I needed the extension and got the approval after 2 weeks of processing time). The 1-year extension will expire on 25 July 2022.

Next 90-day deadline October 08 = 90 days after the approval of extension.

I couldn't get an answer from the IO on whether the first 90-day report can be done online. Or if the first report must still be done in person.