June vaccination target exceeded: Health Minister

webfact

so what?  The Sinovac seems to be about the worst vaccine.  Even the Thais do no seem to want to run and get it.  and 2000 a day is only 60000 a month.  Ten months would only be 600,000.  A fraction of what is needed to be of much use.  And this is just for the local Bangkok area I think.  So they need some bigger logistics to reach the rest of the country

• Like 1

Sadly, they may be right on target and it will still take a year to get enough vaccinated to restart huge sections of the economy.

I don't remember being overly impressed by any of the widely varying vaccine schedules published in the past few months.

• Like 1

The most horrible thought other than Thailand's covid situation is that if Prayut was to go, does that mean we have Anutin as the new Czar? 

Talk about out of the fat and into the fire.

BTW Today 6230 new case. 41 deaths

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

so what?  The Sinovac seems to be about the worst vaccine.  Even the Thais do no seem to want to run and get it.  and 2000 a day is only 60000 a month.  Ten months would only be 600,000.  A fraction of what is needed to be of much use.  And this is just for the local Bangkok area I think.  So they need some bigger logistics to reach the rest of the country

That is one center, there are more. Not saying they are doing good as for foreigners it is a cluster F..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

More nonsense from Anutin, what about all teachers will be given the vaccine before schools go back on 14th of june?

Teachers here are still waiting, so far ... Nothing.

‘Which proves the government was not expecting schools to return on the 14th June. Maybe 14th June next year when ALL teachers vaccinated then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryane66 said:

Sinovac does not stop the Delta varriant. Now Germany is using Pifzer as a 2nd dose because initial studies are showing AztraZenica is also not working against the Delta varriant.

So basically Thailand is up the brown creek without a paddle.

• Like 2

Good luck jabbing 10 to 12 million in July when your July supply of AZ has gone from 10 million to 5 million--if  it's even that.  And, remember, all those that got their first jabs in June will need their  second jabs down the road so you need to be setting aside doses for that.  

• Like 2

"greater supply of vaccine.

The Minister of Public Health said Thailand’s inoculation campaign had exceeded its 6 million jab target for June, with 8 million doses given."

Going by govt figures by 1st June 3,753,718 total vaccination shots administered

By 30th June the total was 9,927,698 shots.

So total for month (29 days) was 6,173,980 shots.

So yes the target of 6m was exceeded but to round this number up to 8m is best described as fantasy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

On 7th June they needed to vaccinate 488k people per day. As at yesterday it had risen to 520k people per day.

Just for clarity, that is the number of doses required every day from today until ???, to meet some target, which I'm not sure I still understand?

I think it's 50 MM people fully vaccinated by some date, maybe 1 Oct? Maybe 1 Jan 2022?

That may be on the chart, with the blue target line rising.

"Year-end".

299,485 in the previous reporting day.

Edited by mtls2005

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Just for clarity, that is the number of doses required every day from today until ???, to meet some target, which I'm not sure I still understand?

I think it's 50 MM people fully vaccinated by some date, maybe 1 Oct? Maybe 1 Jan 2022?

That may be on the chart, with the blue target line rising.

"Year-end".

299,485 in the previous reporting day.

The stated government target is 100 million doses by year end. That is 50 million people, or roughly 70% of the population.

This ignores the subsequent statements from the PM about opening in 120 days if 70% of the population is vaccinated. That seems more aspirational than achievable and the government doesn’t seem to be issuing any updates on progress against that target.

• Like 2

A recent NNT post is talking of 70%  having had their first shot by the beginning of October. The Khasod graphic is talking about 70% having had 2 shots by the end of the year.

PM Prayut said that Thailand has now negotiated with six suppliers of vaccines, namely Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Sinopharm. By the end of year, he said Thailand would have amassed 105.5 million doses, which is sufficient to inoculate all the Thai population. At this juncture, the government plans to administer an average of 10 million jabs a month from July so that by early October almost 50 million people, or 70 per cent of Thai population will have had their first shot.

image.png.6c482f668d35fd5ecc861b01c1b5182e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:
4 hours ago, impulse said:

Sadly, they may be right on target and it will still take a year to get enough vaccinated to restart huge sections of the economy.

I don't remember being overly impressed by any of the widely varying vaccine schedules published in the past few months.

They are not on target at all.

since 7th June they have only met target on one day. The rest have fallen short, some by a considerable margin. On 7th June they needed to vaccinate 488k people per day. As at yesterday it had risen to 520k people per day.

a graphic on the vaccination program is posted on here nearly everyday.

Depends on whether you're talking about the MOPH target, the CCSA target, the TAT target or some other creamy dream target. 

Months ago, the MOPH published targets based on actual expected vaccine deliveries.  That included 6 million jabs in June.  They met that target.  The problem was, based on vaccine delivery schedules the MOPH published (the fools), it was obvious that there's no way they'd meet a year end, much less an October 1 goal of 100 million.  Which I categorize as the CCSA and the creamy dream target, respectively.  Empty political promises.  Not unlike the empty promises made by politicians around the world.

But it's like the weather.  Wait a day and there will be a whole new set of promises we can all ridicule.  The key is to look at vaccine deliveries, not some pie in the sky goal, based on wishful thinking.

• Thanks 1