Podcast apps lame? What app you listen with?

every time I follow a podcast link it takes me to some annoying app that I have to download .... Later gets changed into a different app. 

What do you listen to podcasts on and what is the upside and what is the downside?

- If IoS - Overcast is well rated.  You can search for your specific podcast, and listen to it in Overcast...   

What I like - Free, Adjustable speed playback, playlists, ability to fine tune, which podcasts to retain etc. ... manually add links etc, ability to download / stream.

- If Android - Stitcher maybe worth a look.  Stitcher is also available for IoS.

In general, after you install these apps, use the app's built in function to search for the podcast you like.... and locate the episode that way. 

You can continue - clicking a link to listen to the app - but it'll depend on whether that link is a smart link (ie. recognizes the ios/app you have and directs you to the right format for the app), or some specific format.  

Only archaic westerners (particularly those south of the Canadian border) listen to "podcasts." Middle ages stuff.

We Asians are light years ahead. No Asian apps for such ancient drivel.