Just married and consulting for Non-O options.

Hello guys ,

I have been in Thailand on Covid extension for 1 year and I just got married last week with my Thai gf. I plan to stay on Non-o visa , however my income is not sufficient for visa 40.000 baht salary rule, just a little less in number.  So how can I bypass this rule and get non-o visa so that I can be here with my family. Also my wife is pregnant now. So it is vital that I stay in Thailand. There is another option to get Non-B visa , however probably I need to leave the country and come back on a new Non-b visa as I was told by immigration last year. So how can I get non-o so that at least my stay in Thailand will be guaranteed.

Edited by kersoz32

You can go from Covid extension to Non-B, without having to leave. I just did this. You'll likely have better luck out in the country though, where I am. In and around BKK there's usually more hassle involved. Stay far, far away from SAMUT PRAKAN.

There are 40k teaching jobs available now, even at government schools. Just find the right one, and present yourself and your background well. I don't know what line of work you're in, but there's a great need for teachers now, so whatever you've been doing could be sold as something applicable to teaching. You do need at least a Bachelor's degree in something.

Forget the Non-O idea. It requires a year of the documented 40k income with tax receipts before you can apply. I'm married also and didn't go that route. The Non-B is quite straightforward, if your school knows what they're doing. Don't get hired through an agency. Cheers.

OP, do you have 400k that you can keep in bank for ~3 months, after which you can use it. 

If yes obtain a non O (marriage) at immigration, followed by 12 month extension.

Edited by DrJack54

What type of visa did you enter the country on?

You can apply for a non-o visa and a extension of stay if you have 400k baht in the bank. For the non-o visa application if only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply and for the extension of stay for 2 months.The 40k baht income option is not your only choice.

If you found work you could apply for a non-b visa and extension of stay.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa did you enter the country on?

You can apply for a non-o visa and a extension of stay if you have 400k baht in the bank. For the non-o visa application if only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply and for the extension of stay for 2 months.The 40k baht income option is not your only choice.

If you found work you could apply for a non-b visa and extension of stay.

UBON JOE hi,....
"For the non-o visa application if only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply and for the extension of stay for 2 months.The 40k baht income option is not your only choice."

Another forum (THAIGER) told me the following:
"

I don't have any income in Thailand, but my Thai spouse does. Will I still be eligible for a marriage visa?

I
Of course, it possible to get a marriage visa. As long as your Thai spouse’s income is over 40,000 Bath. This financial condition for the Thai married visa allows you to combined monthly income with your spouse as well. Furthermore, the condition is also allowed if the income comes from either or the both of you income meet the requirement.THE THAIGER

Is this true: COMBINED MONTHLY INCOME 40.000 baht (so wife + income husband)
Example wife salary 20.000 + husband salary 20.000 = 40.000 bht show for 2 month.......to get a 1 year extension of my NON-O Marry visa?
If true how you show that income from " abroad"..........?
Thanks Ubon J

20 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Another forum (THAIGER) told me the following:
"

I don't have any income in Thailand, but my Thai spouse does. Will I still be eligible for a marriage visa?

I
Of course, it possible to get a marriage visa. As long as your Thai spouse’s income is over 40,000 Bath. This financial condition for the Thai married visa allows you to combined monthly income with your spouse as well. Furthermore, the condition is also allowed if the income comes from either or the both of you income meet the requirement.THE THAIGER

That info is out of date by about 13 years. That option was only available from 2006 to 2008.

The latest immigration order done in 2014 states this in clause 2.18.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

• Like 1

Hi..

You can do with a help of an agency. Im using an agency for 2 years and no headache at all. Perfect and cheaper than many other agencies.

Starting price is 25k and up regarding to your visa sitiation and nationality.. 

If you are interested send me a message.

Good luck

On 7/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, problemfarang said:

Hi..

You can do with a help of an agency. Im using an agency for 2 years and no headache at all. Perfect and cheaper than many other agencies.

Starting price is 25k and up regarding to your visa sitiation and nationality.. 

If you are interested send me a message.

Good luck

can you please drop me a PM ? ???? thanks

Ubon J,
IF i use the 40.000 baht income option (for the first time)...................
- I understand it must come from abroad
- I must show 2 month income of minimum 40.000 baht

If i deposit 2 month from abroad(40,000 exh month),can i use that money for my expenses
or must i leave that on my bank.Also the second time,can i use that moeny for my bills.

How long before i must APPLY for this marry extension?
Thanks Ubon J

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote frame

2 hours ago, kersoz32 said:

Also an agency told me that 15 month volunteer visa is also a good option. Easier and faster than Non-o

Easier for who?

Applying for a marriage visa after you have got married is an obvious progression.

Applying for a volunteer visa might raise some eyebrows. 

But if they can guarantee it and the cost is the same or less?

Edited by VocalNeal

42 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Ubon J,
IF i use the 40.000 baht income option (for the first time)...................
- I understand it must come from abroad
- I must show 2 month income of minimum 40.000 baht
If i deposit 2 month from abroad(40,000 exh month),can i use that money for my expenses
or must i leave that on my bank.Also the second time,can i use that moeny for my bills.
How long before i must APPLY for this marry extension?
Thanks Ubon J

If applying for a non-o visa at immigration they will not accept the 40k baht income transferred into the country option. The will only accept a letter from your embassy if you can get one. They might accepted it if you had a year of transfers with proof it came for abroad. Normally I would post a link to the info on a immigration website but it is down at this time.

Two or 3 months of 40k baht from will be accepted to apply for the extension of stay unless you have been staying in the country for a long time already. It depends upon the office where you apply.

You can spend the 40k baht as soon as it is transferred into your account.

If you already have a non-o visa you can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay it allowed.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If applying for a non-o visa at immigration they will not accept the 40k baht income transferred into the country option. The will only accept a letter from your embassy if you can get one. They might accepted it if you had a year of transfers with proof it came for abroad. Normally I would post a link to the info on a immigration website but it is down at this time.

Two or 3 months of 40k baht from will be accepted to apply for the extension of stay unless you have been staying in the country for a long time already. It depends upon the office where you apply.

You can spend the 40k baht as soon as it is transferred into your account.

If you already have a non-o visa you can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay it allowed.

Yes i have already a NON[O visa from my country and 90 day permit to stay
I am married and arrive this Thursday
I want first to extend for 60 day for visting my wife and then
apply for  1 year using the 40K option

8 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Yes i have already a NON[O visa from my country and 90 day permit to stay
I am married and arrive this Thursday
I want first to extend for 60 day for visting my wife and then
apply for  1 year using the 40K option

Start doing the 40k baht transfers as soon as possible and be sure you can show proof the 40k baht came from abroad. The more transfers you have will help getting them to accept the application. You will need proof of the source of your income at most immigration office.