Anutin: What happens in a Sandbox stays in a Sandbox

webfact

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

The problem is so much what's already inside a sandbox, it's rather what's coming into the sandbox from outside; i.e. letting healthy foreign tourists inside and mingle with high risk domestic arrivals...????

Exactly. The biggest problem is now outside the sandbox, and it is possible that the sandbox may be contaminated by viruses coming from the rest of Thailand. In particular, the delta variant can also infect vaccinated people.

This is another reason not to go to Thailand as a tourist. Not because of the health risk, as the delta variant usually only affects vaccinated people in a mild or asymptomatic way, but because one will end up quarantined in an hospital thanks to the frequent PCR tests imposed.

3 hours ago, poskat said:

"If there's a mess, it stays in the sandbox," he said while reassuring the public that everything was under control.

"It won't spread to anyone else's sandbox",

anutins statement next week will be "I blame (insert some non-thai group here) for the spread out of the sandbox"

It's like a cat in a litterbox , if they walk out there is always something stuck under their feet wich spreads thru the rest of the house . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, and all the TVF screamers who think that every minister in the government must have a degree in that subject just like in no other country at all.

Not sticking up for Anutin as I think he's a berk, but just being realistic about how the world works unlike most on here who seem to think Western countries are a utopia of goodness and perfection.

No the western countries are not , but you can't disagree that these two misserable peaces of live are total !@#$ups at doing their jobs and that compared to these western countries you are talking about , these western countries are kind of a utopia of goodness and perfection .

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

So it's the usual bombardment of TV/Asean insults to the PM and Health minister and I'm not here to say they are not deserved. But I would guess  -- if they pay any attention at all --their attitude is

"If I'm so incompetent, how come I'm in charge and not YOU?"

Because he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth like all the others in charge . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

"If there's a mess, it stays in the sandbox," he said while reassuring the public that everything was under control." 

Was it not the concept that tourists are allowed to leave the sandbox after a certain time?! 

14 days with 3 negative tests then free to roam Thailand.  Of course if they get exposed the last few days there...

6 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

"If there's a mess, it stays in the sandbox," he said while reassuring the public that everything was under control." 

Was it not the concept that tourists are allowed to leave the sandbox after a certain time?! 

Yeah, but he forgot about infected Bangkokians flying in.

"after a rise of infections in Phuket following the start of the much heralded reopening of Thailand to foreign tourists on Thursday."

I would have bet an eye that they'd go after those 4-5 tourists just arrived.

The truth, of course, is that rise of positive cases is following the vaccination campaign.

You couldn't write this stuff.............

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will isolate at home for a week after he came into close contact with a person who later tested positive for coronavirus during events held to mark the reopening of resort island Phuket to vaccinated foreign tourists.

6 hours ago, poskat said:

"If there's a mess, it stays in the sandbox," he said while reassuring the public that everything was under control.

"It won't spread to anyone else's sandbox",

anutins statement next week will be "I blame (insert some non-thai group here) for the spread out of the sandbox"

If it spreads out of the sandbox, it won't be because of the vaccinated tourists that are tested before they hop on a plane, tested again before they can leave their hotel room and tested yet again before they can leave Phuket.

It will be the movement of Thai people who don't have to adhere to regulations anywhere near as onerous.  And how is that different from anywhere else in Thailand?  And though there is a risk from Thai people entering and leaving Phuket, even that risk is diminished by the requirement they be tested or vaccinated. 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

If it spreads out of the sandbox, it won't be because of the vaccinated tourists that are tested before they hop on a plane, tested again before they can leave their hotel room and tested yet again before they can leave Phuket.

It will be the movement of Thai people who don't have to adhere to regulations anywhere near as onerous.  And how is that different from anywhere else in Thailand?

Anyone (Thai or foreigner) needs a negative covid test within 7 days of entering Phuket domestically or to have been vaccinated or recovered from covid with a doctor's report.  You don't need such to enter most other provinces in Thailand.  Right-hand column...

209474907_10159150130647978_8835754827321714419_n.jpg

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Makes no difference -- if that's the word that comes to mind, why not try one yourself and then you can be in charge.

You missed the point, I was referring to how that mob got control 7 years ago????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Anyone (Thai or foreigner) needs a negative covid test within 7 days of entering Phuket domestically or to have been vaccinated or recovered from covid with a doctor's report.  You don't need such to enter most other provinces in Thailand.  Right-hand column...

Test results that are 7 days old aren't nearly adequate.  Nor is their ability to leave Phuket without being tested again.

You'll see that I modified my post to indicate it's better than nothing (and better than the rest of Thailand), but it's still not adequate for the Sandbox experiment.  A truck full of migrant workers could screw the pooch for the entire thing if they come in hot and spread the joy, even if just one of the 20 people in the truck start out infected.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite being under pressure he expressed his confidence in their work saying medical workers needed everyone's support at this time. 

They need that pfeizer booster shot that was donates by the USA.  that you and your inept tired to conceal.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-netizens-push-for-inoculation-of-medics-with-pfizer-following-leaked-document-on-vaccine/

• Like 1