Spread of Delta Variant in Thailand Aggravates COVID-19 Situation

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, davemos said:

Uk now has the Lambda (11) variant from Sth America .  Stronger and more deadly . Lockdowns dont work   so Bo Jo  is going with live with it .  

Just as Bunter drops all bar a few minor factors that mitigate the virus spreading..........the man should be in jail.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I recently watched a program about a hospital in the UK fighting covid, a doctor there said, "We aren't going to be able to eradicate covid, it's here to stay"

I think there was already broad agreement on that some time last year.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Claims on UK News today was that most daily new infections were people who had not  been vaccinated. No mention if that meant not fully or zero jabs.

Meanwhile Scotland's health experts are theorizing on what's contributing to the current infection surge in Glasgow (second only to the NW England hot spots). The claim there's a larger percentage of the population that dodged the bullet on the first and second waves last year so Delta has a target-rich environment. I am assuming this percentage either weren't vaccinated or maybe only had the first shot.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The Bangkok Post had an article yesterday saying that they called Moderna to ask about delivery. Moderna said Q1-22 because no order has been placed. Apparently the vaccines they are collecting money for are not on the way.

My Australian government announced in May this year that it had donated 68 Million baht for "Thailand's vaccine efforts". Would be interesting where international aid money sent to Thailand for COVID is being spent.  I hope it has been put to proper use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, connda said:

Those who don't get shots are virus mutation factories.

Here: 10 stages of genocide as outlined by academic Gregory H. Stanton.  Stanton stated that the stages may not follow a linear progression and may occur concurrently.
Prevention can occur by interrupting the process at any stage.

We're at number 4:  Dehumanization: People equated to animals, vermin, or disease<-- (you are here)

Keep a close eye on this as Apartheid of those unvaccinated is being called for by members of governments and funneled to the general public by main-stream media world-wide.  Then read the 10 stages of genocide.  See where it can leads. If it's seen for what it is quickly enough, "it may be prevented."  Wake up and smell the coffee.  Very disturbing.

1. Classification:  Vaccinated / Unvaccinated
2. Symbolisation: Unvaccinated force to wear masks
3. Discrimination: Unvaccinated are targeted and refused essential goods and services.
4. Dehumanization:  The Unvaccinated are variant mutation factories (CNN says 'experts' say so, so it must be 100% true)
5. Organization:  Planning to implement apartheid of unvaccinated citizens
6. Polarization:  Implementing those plans.

Steps 7 through 10 are messy.  Just look at the results by remembering a little Khmer history just a few decades ago in our SE Asian neighbor. 
"But it's not the same!"
But it's never the same.  As a quote attributed to Mark Twain so aptly states, "History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme."

"But the unvaccinated just need to get vaccinated!"
Yeah, past victims just needed to accept Communism (insert your own -ism), they just needed to accept (insert religion), they just need to accept (insert ideological viewpoint), they just needed to <insert some action>. All for "the better good of mankind", of course.
"Just do what we say to do and we won't oppress or kill you.  Promise!  Just submit."

IF allowed to continue this will not be any different this time around. Well, it will rhyme. Just saying.  Study history and "heads-up!"  This could get ugly.

Just get vaccinated is not an easy answer.

In my favour, I am 77.

Against

1    I am obese according to the MRI

2   I had 2 stents put in back in 2006

3   I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet

4   I am a farang.

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They still have not placed the order?  Unbelievable.

and not expected to be received until the 4th quarter.  Note as having some experience in contracts., that could be December 31.  I read other articles that said some shipments not expected until 2022.

43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I am assuming this percentage either weren't vaccinated or maybe only had the first shot.

And possibly went down to London to watch the game at Wembley.

• Haha 1

Who in theirs right couldn't see this coming?  Its being reported daily.

Completely clueless people running things here!

Imagine after that huge Chemical explosion yesterday.  No hospital beds for the critically injured.  As leaders you need to be more prepared.

But its like this everyday.

Real Generals are trained for emergencies and support lines.  These aren't Generals.  There just playing dress up in uniform day.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Just get vaccinated is not an easy answer.

In my favour, I am 77.

Against

1    I am obese according to the MRI

2   I had 2 stents put in back in 2006

3   I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet

4   I am a farang.

Hopefully your not drinker also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Hopefully your not drinker also.

Not any more.

I quit 31st May last year and the only times I have touched alcohol since is when I go into shops etc and use the alcohol hand wash.

Just now, billd766 said:

Not any more.

I quit 31st May last year and the only times I have touched alcohol since is when I go into shops etc and use the alcohol hand wash.

Good for you sir!

Take care, crazy times!

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The main difference between the Delta variant and previous ones.

A ) It appears to be more infectious than previous variants, but

B ) It doesn't appear to be more lethal than previous variants.

If you have access to BBC World News check out the interview today with Eric Feigl-Ding. Your (B) according to him (a leading expert) is based on outmoded data.

Edited by placnx
tineline

2 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

In general mutations make diseases less lethal and more transmissable. This is the optimal survival strategy from the perspective of the virus.

The Spanish Flue started as rather benign and mutated into one of the most deadly infection in human's history. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

Those who don't get shots are virus mutation factories.

Here: 10 stages of genocide as outlined by academic Gregory H. Stanton.  Stanton stated that the stages may not follow a linear progression and may occur concurrently.
Prevention can occur by interrupting the process at any stage.

We're at number 4:  Dehumanization: People equated to animals, vermin, or disease<-- (you are here)

Keep a close eye on this as Apartheid of those unvaccinated is being called for by members of governments and funneled to the general public by main-stream media world-wide.  Then read the 10 stages of genocide.  See where it can leads. If it's seen for what it is quickly enough, "it may be prevented."  Wake up and smell the coffee.  Very disturbing.

1. Classification:  Vaccinated / Unvaccinated
2. Symbolisation: Unvaccinated force to wear masks
3. Discrimination: Unvaccinated are targeted and refused essential goods and services.
4. Dehumanization:  The Unvaccinated are variant mutation factories (CNN says 'experts' say so, so it must be 100% true)
5. Organization:  Planning to implement apartheid of unvaccinated citizens
6. Polarization:  Implementing those plans.

Steps 7 through 10 are messy.  Just look at the results by remembering a little Khmer history just a few decades ago in our SE Asian neighbor. 
"But it's not the same!"
But it's never the same.  As a quote attributed to Mark Twain so aptly states, "History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme."

"But the unvaccinated just need to get vaccinated!"
Yeah, past victims just needed to accept Communism (insert your own -ism), they just needed to accept (insert religion), they just need to accept (insert ideological viewpoint), they just needed to <insert some action>. All for "the better good of mankind", of course.
"Just do what we say to do and we won't oppress or kill you.  Promise!  Just submit."

IF allowed to continue this will not be any different this time around. Well, it will rhyme. Just saying.  Study history and "heads-up!"  This could get ugly.

That process could be cut short if the vaccines turned out to kill or sterilize .

If so, the unvaccinated would inherent the earth. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

That process could be cut short if the vaccines turned out to kill or sterilize .

If so, the unvaccinated would inherent the earth. 

Straight from your mother's basement!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

With %99.95 survival rate for people under 70, I hazard to guess they will.

The average seems to be 2% who become infected will die. USA is 1.8%. In Thailand it is better at 0.8%... your number is wrong. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

The average seems to be 2% who become infected will die. In Thailand it is better at 0.8%... your number is junk.

Yes there is confusion over crude fatality rates and case fatality rates.....each of which vary with geography, time, age, etc........ 

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yes there is confusion over crude fatality rates and case fatality rates.....each of which vary with geography, time, age, etc........ 

I suspect they are  much better currently with mostly inoculated people.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The average seems to be 2% who become infected will die. USA is 1.8%. In Thailand it is better at 0.8%... your number is wrong. 

No so fast.

The average mortality rate fro under 50 is far less than 0.5%.

The 50-60 bracket is around %1 on average.

70-60 2.5%

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

I won't split hair on the exact number, but it's remarkably low at ages during which there's still plenty fo life to live.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

No so fast.

The average mortality rate fro under 50 is far less than 0.5%.

The 50-60 bracket is around %1 on average.

70-60 2.5%

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

I won't split hair on the exact number, but it's remarkably low at ages during which there's still plenty fo life to live.

So none of them anywhere near the 0.05% you quoted..... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Good for you sir!

Take care, crazy times!

I only go off the property once or twice a week, usually to get things that it is difficult to explain to my wife. She doesn't speak engineer or techie.

For instance today I needed a 3/4 inch, inline water valve, metal not plastic, handle not screw valve plus 2 x 3/4 male blue plastic fitments, to replace the existing 3/4 plastic valve.  It is easier for me to go to the shop and talk to the staff to get what I need sometimes with a show and tell valve, either 1/2 inch or 1 inch as I don't have a spare 3/4 valve.

Other than that my wife is the one that goes out and AFAIK there is little or no Covid, so far in our clump of villages in rural Kamphaeng Phet.