Health Agency Expects Delta Variant Will Be Predominant COVID-19 Strain in Thailand

webfact

41 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife was told by the local health centre that ginger, lime and some kind of root in hot water can guard us against Covid, after someone brought the virus to our village from Bangkok.

Bound to work......

• Haha 2

Well, according to today's local post, the details of vaccine orders to the various companies can't be revealed because the prices paid must be kept confidential.  I guess we'll never know whether the government has ordered the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccines or not.  We do know that a new order for more than 10 million doses of Sinovac has been placed.

In the meantime, Thai companies say that they are willing to pay for vaccines.   I fully expect that the money that they put up will be used to buy more Sinovac and AstraZeneca sourced in country which will probably be delivered in Q2 or Q3 2022.  Factory workers' health in the meantime?  Who cares?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poskat said:

"A study is needed to find out what regimens will trigger stronger immune responses, as virus mutations continue."

yes, if only there was some established way to stop stop the spread of a virus......

Thailand is lucky to have the esteemed dr yong on the case....

Gallows humor. One either laughs or cries at the burgeoning incompetence on display to the entire world.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

His comments is not about using something other than vaccines. Rather it's about deploying vaccines in a way that's more effective. For example, mixing and matching two different vaccines instead of using just 2 vaccinations of the same kind of vaccine.

Scientific curiosity maybe, but too late in the game for my liking, especially since mixing vaccines at this point yields very limited possibilities with only two available to any except the HiSo.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Lots of new vaccines will most likely be coming on line soon. So at least shortages shouldn't be an issue. The willingness of the Thai Govt to actually make purchases is another matter entirely.

Soon? Likely not for Thailand. 

For the next few months at least the only choices for the plebs is AZ or Chinese junk.

7 hours ago, poskat said:

"A study is needed to find out what regimens will trigger stronger immune responses, as virus mutations continue."

yes, if only there was some established way to stop stop the spread of a virus......

Thailand is lucky to have the esteemed dr yong on the case....

9mm rounds would do the job D-head

1 hour ago, raccos21 said:

I think we all already live with all type of covid variants for decades.

CE59062D-3B32-47E8-B2F4-EFA50E947D84.jpeg

No doubt. The same is true for plants, animals, and people. But some are quite a bit more dangerous than others.

I must be missing your point.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Well, according to today's local post, the details of vaccine orders to the various companies can't be revealed because the prices paid must be kept confidential.  I guess we'll never know whether the government has ordered the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccines or not.  We do know that a new order for more than 10 million doses of Sinovac has been placed.

In the meantime, Thai companies say that they are willing to pay for vaccines.   I fully expect that the money that they put up will be used to buy more Sinovac and AstraZeneca sourced in country which will probably be delivered in Q2 or Q3 2022.  Factory workers' health in the meantime?  Who cares?

Orders being placed, that is all we see, Oh blimey, the source required payment, "solly no money till we fleece some more Tourists " lol.  Is South America still an extradition free destination for fleeing members of take over Military incompetents..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

His comments is not about using something other than vaccines. Rather it's about deploying vaccines in a way that's more effective. For example, mixing and matching two different vaccines instead of using just 2 vaccinations of the same kind of vaccine.

Mixing and matching doesn't make more vaccines if they have 5milj of one and 5 milj of another it's still only 10 milj vaccines so it will not help more people . 

7 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Mixing and matching doesn't make more vaccines if they have 5milj of one and 5 milj of another it's still only 10 milj vaccines so it will not help more people . 

No, but it might make the vaccinations more effective than they would otherwise be.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No, but it might make the vaccinations more effective than they would otherwise be.

Yeah for half the people so still doesn't really make a dent in a pack of butter does it ?? The vaccination ordering and program are a real !@#$ up wich ever way you look at it so don't try to make it look better then it is like what this doctor is doing . Must be put there to bring this very important(not) news to safe some peoples !@#$ for the public , but it still remains a !@#$ up . Wich ever way you mix or match it . 

• Like 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yeah for half the people so still doesn't really make a dent in a pack of butter does it ?? The vaccination ordering and program are a real !@#$ up wich ever way you look at it so don't try to make it look better then it is like what this doctor is doing . Must be put there to bring this very important(not) news to safe some peoples !@#$ for the public , but it still remains a !@#$ up . Wich ever way you mix or match it . 

So you think if say x number of people are vaccinated twice with the same vaccine at an efficacy rate of, say 60%, but instead get vaccinated twice with 2 different vaccines with a resulting efficacy rate of 80%, that's an insignificant difference? Do you care whether or not your vaccinations are more or less effective?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

So you think if say x number of people are vaccinated twice with the same vaccine at an efficacy rate of, say 60%, but instead get vaccinated twice with 2 different vaccines with a resulting efficacy rate of 80%, that's an insignificant difference? Do you care whether or not your vaccinations are more or less effective?

More effective ,but i rather have more people vaccinated and then less chance of being hospitalized or die then only a few and the whole program taking years before the country can go back to normal and open up . These half wit sandbox idea's with people being vaccinated with 1 shot and then calling 70% of the population vaccinated is a load of B.S and doesn't lower the risk . But it still looks like you are saying that the way it's going now and with this doctors idea's it is going pretty well at the moment . The only way is to get enough vaccines and vaccinate everybody , not try to vaccinate a handfull with the highest percentage and letting the rest spread get sick or die . You could take over mr P's job get yourself fully vaccinated with the best there is and give !@#$ all about the rest of the population 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

More effective ,but i rather have more people vaccinated and then less chance of being hospitalized or die then only a few and the whole program taking years before the country can go back to normal and open up . These half wit sandbox idea's with people being vaccinated with 1 shot and then calling 70% of the population vaccinated is a load of B.S and doesn't lower the risk . But it still looks like you are saying that the way it's going now and with this doctors idea's it is going pretty well at the moment . The only way is to get enough vaccines and vaccinate everybody , not try to vaccinate a handfull with the highest percentage and letting the rest spread get sick or die . You could take over mr P's job get yourself fully vaccinated with the best there is and give !@#$ all about the rest of the population 

You seem to think that the 2 are somehow mutually exclusive; either more effective vaccinations or more of them. They're not. It makes no sense to run down the exploration of more effective regimens just because the total supply is adequate. And nothing I've written supports your statement that  "But it still looks like you are saying that the way it's going now and with this doctors idea's it is going pretty well at the moment ." Try less mindreading and more actual reading.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You seem to think that the 2 are somehow mutually exclusive; either more effective vaccinations or more of them. They're not. It makes no sense to run down the exploration of more effective regimens just because the total supply is adequate. And nothing I've written supports your statement that  "But it still looks like you are saying that the way it's going now and with this doctors idea's it is going pretty well at the moment ." Try less mindreading and more actual reading.

Sorry mr P i will try to understand what you mean the next time i actually read . Less is more right . At the start i said that the solution for this !@#$ up here is not mixing and matching it's getting as many vaccines as possible . But because this doctor probably read somewhere on the western newssites that a shot of pfizer after the first shot of AZ is possible , he thinks it's a good idea . Ok maybe it will be to get a higher procentage but it will not help fighting the problem that they are having now, it will only make those few people getting their shot getting a higher percentage of protection but not more people being vaccinated and safer . So again i would rather have 9 out of 10 people vaccinated with a lower percentage then 2 out of 10 with a 100% and the other 8 having a big chance of getting sick or even dying MR P !!!! 

According to every virologist and epidemiologist statements that I've read lately, this is the "normal" life behavior of a virus. More transmissible and less deadly and less hospitalizations are bein reported, especially in the UK, where the course of the virus is ahead of other locations. If certain medical 'experts' in the US, seem to have knowledge about this virus, that others do no, could it be because of their to the origins of this virus? 

These variants have already existed for decades and most people will develop at least one of these viral infections once in their lifetime. Also they would be able to recover on their own most of the time and only some exceptions can’t be saved. My point is, why are the governments and medical officials trying to panic and confuse the entire planet with the new variants viruses? So there’d will be an excuse to lock down or will be more ‘scamdemic’?

E58EA09F-0745-4C6A-B909-7CA9E1762D9B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, raccos21 said:

These variants have already existed for decades and most people will develop at least one of these viral infections once in their lifetime. Also they would be able to recover on their own most of the time and only some exceptions can’t be saved. My point is, why are the governments and medical officials trying to panic and confuse the entire planet with the new variants viruses? So there’d will be an excuse to lock down or will be more ‘scamdemic’?

E58EA09F-0745-4C6A-B909-7CA9E1762D9B.jpeg

And what are the consequences of being infected by other coronaviruses? Do hospitals run out of critical care beds because of them? The problem with Covid-19 is not that it's related to other coronaviruses. It's a problem because it's highly contagious, kills people and leaves long term damage among lots of people that it doesn't kill. 

4 hours ago, 10baht said:

My drill instructor was dyslexic. We only found out when he told us " In Dog We Trust"

I've listened to many Thais try and say in English how a word is spelt. Letters come out something like:

Apple, Banana, Canada, etc.... 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, NCC1701A said:

forget this. look at this:

Covid 19 coronavirus: Ultra-contagious Lambda variant detected in Australia

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-ultra-contagious-lambda-variant-detected-in-australia/LAUYIDU2L7SSWMX6IQDTOYCX6A/

Yes, this is the one that gave Peru the world's highest per-capita death rate......