Marriage extension

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Hi Bill

Yeah we have both been here long enough to know how to go about things with Thai immigration.

The thing is as pointed out to me if someone has got the hump with you at immigration they maybe getting stick from someone above them.

This time it seemed immigration was playing the good cop, bad cop game, that's how it seemed to me applying for extension this year.

Apart from that captain the rest seem farang friendly and sometimes I go in there with some fruit from the trees or something and I get amazed looks as no other customers does things like that.

Is that a bribe?

I don't think so. To me, it is a thank you because TBH they do a damn good job, at least for me. Others may disagree.0

I have a 90 day report to do this month and the marriage extension is due in October.

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Is that a bribe?

I don't think so. To me, it is a thank you

I agree I hear of others taking stuff in at other immigration offices.

Sukhothai immigration has only been there a few years.

When we were last at Maesot immigration we took a bunch of Flowers to the lady who had dealt with us for years as a thanks and goodbye.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 7/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, Myran said:

Bank letter and bank book updated on the day of application has always been a requirement for my extensions at two different immigration offices.

It is the same at Trat  IO , it must be the same day. I often wonder how people with Bangkok bank manage this as I have heard reports of them taking days to issue the letter where as my bank takes 40 min.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, Kwasaki said:

I agree I hear of others taking stuff in at other immigration offices.

Sukhothai immigration has only been there a few years.

When we were last at Maesot immigration we took a bunch of Flowers to the lady who had dealt with us for years as a thanks and goodbye.

We have done similar, AFTER extension is granted, bunch of vegies from our garden if available, in fact last year when i picked up my extension, no veggies, wifey stayed in the car outside, the officer came out with me and gave my missus a bag of dried banana chips.   ????  swings and roundabouts init. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It is the same at Trat  IO , it must be the same day. I often wonder how people with Bangkok bank manage this as I have heard reports of them taking days to issue the letter where as my bank takes 40 min.

I have gotten letters from Bangkok Bank while I waited for it. 

You might be mixing up getting a one year bank statement that takes about a week to receive.

Did you notice the date of this topic and replies to it were done.

• Like 1