Marriage extension

There a list of what is required for marriage extension, I follow it to the correct order every year since the Sukhothai immigration office opened, I  know there boss is CM immigration.

This was our 4th attempt at getting it right and every year they change something and move the goal posts.

I guess there's nothing you can do about OK but it had been good for anger management.

This time a letter from the bank dated the day before we went to the imm office to confirm the amount money required was not good enough as it has been for the last 3 times also the bank book updated on the 6th and us going on the 7th was not good enough when it was the last 3 times. 

The guy there was OK with but when God checked she told him no, everything from must be dated same day you come. 

Good job imm is not far it was at Maesot before but we never had any trouble at all with them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myran said:

Bank letter and bank book updated on the day of application has always been a requirement for my extensions at two different immigration offices.

Agreed. Copy of KR2 also on same day.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Copy of KR2 also on same day.

Certainly not at at all immigration offices. I only aware of one immigration office saying that  but they will accept one from the day before.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Myran said:

Bank letter and bank book updated on the day of application has always been a requirement for my extensions at two different immigration offices.

That varies from office to office. Some accept the bank letter done the day before and the bank updated on the day the application is done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Not in my 16 years.

We have had to wait 3 days or more to get a letter from a bank so the date the was never the day we went.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Agreed. Copy of KR2 also on same day.

They didn't mind about that at Sukhothai only a year up-date.

They only started doing that into our 2nd time visit because our KR2 was dated the year we were married 2546.

They always find something to make a problem, pathetic really but there's nothing you can do about being a :-

alien.jpg.d840506e28cc232a7a1261de9cda4e28.jpg

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Certainly not at at all immigration offices. I only aware of one immigration office saying that  but they will accept one from the day before.

They use to at Sukhothai but not with new God in charge this time she it not the same person as the year before.

The usual guy was trying to be helpful saying it was Ok but got over-ruled.

Mrs caught what they said to one-another and told me after we left sounds like they are not getting on.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That varies from office to office. Some accept the bank letter done the day before and the bank updated on the day the application is done.

Goal posts.

• Like 1

I guess I am a weakling. I use the monthly income method to extend my O-A permission to stay. I pay an agency to handle immigration requirements, reasoning that the agency keeps up with changing requirements/personnel. Certainly would save money doing by myself but the hassle?

24 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I guess I am a weakling. I use the monthly income method to extend my O-A permission to stay. I pay an agency to handle immigration requirements, reasoning that the agency keeps up with changing requirements/personnel. Certainly would save money doing by myself but the hassle?

I think agencies are a good idea especially when a person gets old and finds traveling anywhere difficult.

A friend in Maesot is using an agent because they can't go to Laos like they usually do because of covid. 

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I always used to get my bank letter ( & monthly statements day before)

On the day deposit into account & update passbook.Maybe no longer acceptable

So did I for 15 years, this year the new person in charge decided it was not good enough.

We are getting a new letter today and updating the bank book and getting another 2 photocopy's of its last page.

We then go back to imm office and see what else they decide they want I guess, I hope not. 

You can't complain you can only comply. 

• Like 1

I have always been advised by Nonthaburi Immigration that the bank letter can be dated the day before but the bank book HAS to be updated same day as your appointment. Just done my yesterday and all went smoothly (which was a pleasant surprise as usually they always find an issue or a reason to send me away).

I would say on this ocaassion you have been unlucky and caught the big boss on a bad day (maybe she had the painters in????). Personally I would have asked to see her and tried to appeal to her better nature by explaining that getting the letter dated on the same day is very difficult as most banks don't open til 10/11am and then need 1 or 2 hours to produce it. But probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere so maybe you were right just to accept it and get on with it.

50 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I have always been advised by Nonthaburi Immigration that the bank letter can be dated the day before but the bank book HAS to be updated same day as your appointment. Just done my yesterday and all went smoothly (which was a pleasant surprise as usually they always find an issue or a reason to send me away).

I would say on this ocaassion you have been unlucky and caught the big boss on a bad day (maybe she had the painters in????). Personally I would have asked to see her and tried to appeal to her better nature by explaining that getting the letter dated on the same day is very difficult as most banks don't open til 10/11am and then need 1 or 2 hours to produce it. But probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere so maybe you were right just to accept it and get on with it.

My wife did ask her and my wife can be very polite.

The guy there who we see year after year ask her too but she would have none it. 

Like I said my Mrs told me it sounds like they are not getting on. 

Went today the bank was good did letter right away. 

Passport will be stamped in August when papers OK'ed from CM.

• Like 1

From my understanding from what I have read on the immigration processes final decisions are at the discretion of the individual officer.

Therein lies the problem. 

30 minutes ago, berrec said:

From my understanding from what I have read on the immigration processes final decisions are at the discretion of the individual officer.

Therein lies the problem. 

Your spot on and the she was higher than the usual top guy that's there all the time. 

Apparently they change higher officer's around every so often he told my Mrs when she left the room. 

I guess immigration don't trust banks,  the thing is the money is in a investment account book that you don't get a ATM card with and can only draw money out with the book. 

The other thing I find strange is you have to have the bank book in my name only applying for a marriage extension. 

Edited by Kwasaki

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

the thing is the money is in a investment account book

IO do not want your money in an investment account. They want to see movement. If there is no movement in your account then they assume you must be working. As stupid as it sounds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people have fixed term accounts to keep money in for the entire year without a problem.

I used to have my monies in a fixed term account until I was told 'want to see movement'. I now only show it in an ordinary account. That Buriram IO is one bad place to deal with. On top of the Siht (anagram) they throw at us they've moved locations at least 6 times in 12 years.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

IO do not want your money in an investment account. They want to see movement. If there is no movement in your account then they assume you must be working. As stupid as it sounds.

Never been told that in 16 years.

When married you can work. 

When we were doing a marriage visa 400,000 in a joint account after amount 6 years they told us you can only have the money in the applicants name only. 

There's never been one time in sixteen years they didn't want something more or wanted things done in a different way. 

There must be a lot of really dodgy people in Thailand trying to get to stay by using marriage applications.

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

There must be a lot of really dodgy people in Thailand trying to get to stay by using marriage applications.

There are 5 Million illegals in Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When married you can work. 

Only if you obtain a work permit on top of marriage extension..

50 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

There are 5 Million illegals in Thailand.

Only if you obtain a work permit on top of marriage extension..

Didn't know that whow!!! 

I have worked without a work permit in the past but only part time. 

Yes a work permit is needed and can do with marriage not retirement.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, Kwasaki said:

They use to at Sukhothai but not with new God in charge this time she it not the same person as the year before.

Maybe she, for her part, was getting grief from The Supreme God in CM?

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Kwasaki said:

Not in my 16 years.

We have had to wait 3 days or more to get a letter from a bank so the date the was never the day we went.

I usually go to Immi in Kamphaeng Phet about 3 weeks early and check what they need. I go to the bank a week before I need my letter and tell them what day I want it.

I also Phone my pension providers in the UK about 6 to 8 weeks before my renewal and get them to send a letter with my gross pension details. The lady who normally does it is nice and friendly but the younger female captain is a real PITA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I usually go to Immi in Kamphaeng Phet about 3 weeks early and check what they need. I go to the bank a week before I need my letter and tell them what day I want it.

I also Phone my pension providers in the UK about 6 to 8 weeks before my renewal and get them to send a letter with my gross pension details. The lady who normally does it is nice and friendly but the younger female captain is a real PITA.

Hi Bill

Yeah we have both been here long enough to know how to go about things with Thai immigration.

The thing is as pointed out to me if someone has got the hump with you at immigration they maybe getting stick from someone above them.

This time it seemed immigration was playing the good cop, bad cop game, that's how it seemed to me applying for extension this year.

• Like 1