Bumrungrad scheduling Moderna starting today July 9th

Thailand J

Direct quote from the newspaper today:

Three target groups can make bookings via the hospital's website from today: the unvaccinated; those who received two doses of Sonovac; and those who received one AstraZeneca shot.

"BH expects Moderna vaccines will be delivered between November 2021 and March 2022," said BH chief executive and pharmacist Artirat Charukitpipat.

Check today's Post for full report.

Edited by Thailand J

6 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Considering Thailand hasn't even placed an order for moderna yet, I think even March 2022 is optimistic.  

Better swot the Greek alphabet: alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta ... omega.

Tree shots, four shots, yet another shot...

I waited in a queue online for about 40 minutes and watch it refresh every minute with new wait time, finally it went to another page that said click to enroll and it takes me to a web error page, go figure!

Did anyone succeed in registering?

Got to Microsoft form that asked for phone and email, but when entered, it returned "not recognized" (in Thai). 

Others did not even get to the form, then "system unavailable" or some such.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

In keeping with that sentiment Sookee, at least the right "people" at at the helm........corrupt clowns, and some.

Indeed.  Intense game of musical chairs now as they all try to dodge being held accountable for this fiasco, still more concerned about losing face than accepting responsibility.  Problem is, you'd need a machine capable of yanking all the chairs away at once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One expects a bit more from Bumrungrad, I know I do.

But maybe I was expecting too much? They just use extra layers of lipstick.

The CEO was alarmingly underwhelming in the pre-launch presser.

Communications, normally a strong suit for them, has been quite bad for this "registration". They've reverted to infographics only in Thai which precludes easy translations. And they still haven't said what it is they're doing (pre-registration/filtering? real registration?), or provided guidance on what to do, and what to expect. Obviously I wasn't relying on them for a vaccine, but I didn't realize they'd make it impossible. Normally they respond to email quite quickly (after the auto-response), like an hour max, yesterday, when I forwarded their email to me in June saying I was 'registered', asking for advice and comment: crickets.

If they are "gathering information on interested customers", it seems they could do it with a simple forms page. But they may be overthinking this, trying to integrate customer data into their systems? I am already a customer with an HN, they have all my medical records from the past 15 years, they know I want a vaccine, they asked me to fill out a form and submit it via email. 

Any good news? Well, if they're talking November, then maybe that's good news for Moderna reservations elsewhere?

The bad news: incompetence is never too far away here.

I too failed again today. But at least it was over in what, less than 20 minutes. I tried via the app, and via the web.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, david_je said:

Did anyone succeed in registering?

Got to Microsoft form that asked for phone and email, but when entered, it returned "not recognized" (in Thai). 

Others did not even get to the form, then "system unavailable" or some such.

I was able to register yesterday without issue, although I did not get the payment link until this morning. 

Once I paid the conformation email was immediate. 

42 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I was able to register yesterday without issue, although I did not get the payment link until this morning. 

You're the first person I've heard of who registered.

Can you share any details? You entered the Cloud Flare Waiting Room at 09:00, watched the countdown, then flipped to a registration page?

24 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You're the first person I've heard of who registered.

Can you share any details? You entered the Cloud Flare Waiting Room at 09:00, watched the countdown, then flipped to a registration page?

How many people do you know that tried?

Went to the site, said one hour wait, but got in after only about ten minutes. Logged in, clicked on the "covid" image, took me to the registration. Registered, submitted and was accepted. Took over 24 hours to get the conformation/payment link.

I think they are limiting the number they accept each day as they want to confirm and prioritize everyone as they go along.

48 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How many people do you know that tried?

A dozen, max., personally know, first hand. talked or messaged yesterday and today. All Thais.

Aggregating hundreds if not thousands of posts here and on Thai social, still have yet to see anyone both register and pay. But they're out there, obviously.

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Logged in

When you say "logged in" can you expand? You have an account? Created one?

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Registered

Can you expand on this? What did registration involve? You obviously are a Bumrungrad patient with an HN, right?

52 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Took over 24 hours to get the conformation/payment link.

So you gave them your email at some point. Was this when you created your account? Registered?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

A dozen, max., personally know, first hand. talked or messaged yesterday and today. All Thais.

Aggregating hundreds if not thousands of posts here and on Thai social, still have yet to see anyone both register and pay. But they're out there, obviously.

Wow

When you say "logged in" can you expand? You have an account? Created one?

Logged into the the website. The same account I use to book appointments.

Can you expand on this? What did registration involve? You obviously are a Bumrungrad patient with an HN, right?

Name, ID, hospital number, phone, email.

So you gave them your email at some point. Was this when you created your account? Registered?

When I created the account years ago I used my email, but I think I had to re-enter it to register. They need your email to send conformation and payment link. I used the scan and pay with K-bank. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Logged into the the website. The same account I use to book appointments.

Thank you very much for this information. That account button/menu is extremely subtle. I created my account in the Android app, so was able to login on the web-page with the same credentials. I'm wondering if this helps get to a registration? I think not - was logged in on the app and it didn't help this morning - but will give it a go tomorrow.

It is strange that they don't ask for your HN on the web sign-up/log-in/edit profile. They do ask for this with the app.

This pop-up infographic is new (and in English!)...

image.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thank you very much for this information. That account button/menu is extremely subtle. I created my account in the Android app, so was able to login on the web-page with the same credentials. I'm wondering if this helps get to a registration? I think not - was logged in on the app and it didn't help this morning - but will give it a go tomorrow.

It is strange that they don't ask for your HN on the web sign-up/log-in/edit profile. They do ask for this with the app.

This pop-up infographic is new (and in English!)...

I don't know if it helps or not, I doubt it, as it does not populate the data fields for it. 

It would not make sense for the website to require your HN as that would disallow new customers from booking appointments. The covid registration on the other hand does not want "new" customers, it want to give existing customers priority. 

Managed to get through the actual form filling stage today.  Problem is, by the time I'd typed all the info in and hit 'Submit' I didn't get a "We have received your submission", just a note at the bottom of the screen in red saying 'Form Closed'.  Not sure whether that means it was submitted or "thanks for coming to our site for the third day running and wasting your time again on the <deleted> systems of Thailand, better luck next time sucker".  I'm guessing the latter.  

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Managed to get through the actual form filling stage today.  Problem is, by the time I'd typed all the info in and hit 'Submit' I didn't get a "We have received your submission", just a note at the bottom of the screen in red saying 'Form Closed'.  Not sure whether that means it was submitted or "thanks for coming to our site for the third day running and wasting your time again on the <deleted> systems of Thailand, better luck next time sucker".  I'm guessing the latter.  

Same, same for me. On the web (never got trough in the app, was signed in to both).

And I entered the data very quickly. As soon as I acknowledged and hit Submit I got the red triangle of death with "This form is closed".

Almost worse that then last two days of Moderna Bingo with your host, Bumrungrad.

I got BINGO and poof, Bumrungrad disappeared.

Way past silly now.

The form is 18 sections.

Note that any payment is non-refundable, and the "reservation" is non-transferrable.

Refund Policy:  no refund in all cases, except only in the event that the hospital is unable to provide you with the vaccine. The hospital will make a refund for unallocated vaccine person after the hospital knows allocated vaccine amount from GPO or after receipt of your payment within 15 working days

The hospital will not allow any transfer of vaccine quota to other person.

รับทราบ / acknowledged

This form is closed.

bumbingo.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Not sure whether that means it was submitted

Possible, I guess. But doubtful.

If so, would have preferred a message in green saying,

"Thank you for your successful submission. You will be receiving an email from us within 24 hours confirming your reservation, at which time payment in full will be required. Have a Bumrungrad day."

Possible, I guess. But doubtful.

If so, would have preferred a message in green saying,

"Thank you for your successful submission. You will be receiving an email from us within 24 hours confirming your reservation, at which time payment in full will be required. Have a Bumrungrad day."

I reckon it's 95% certain it didn't submit.  In all honesty this 'dangle the carrot' today was worse than the last two days where it was just 'FULL'.  Terrible state of affairs all courtesy of 'Pigs at the Trough Central'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

today was worse than the last two days

Agreed,

day one, slow, painful death

day two, quick death

day three, "just when I thought I as in, they pulled me back out", paraphrasing Michael in GF3.

43 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I reckon it's 95% certain it didn't submit.  In all honesty this 'dangle the carrot' today was worse than the last two days where it was just 'FULL'.  Terrible state of affairs all courtesy of 'Pigs at the Trough Central'.

When my submittal was accepted I got a conformation screen. 

• Like 1

I emailed screen grabs of the entire form. Asked for confirmation.

Squeaky wheel, probably get urination rather than lubrication/confirmation. Oh well.

Zero expectations.

Will try again tomorrow. Assume they'll keep dangling bait until they reach 90% of expected doses paid for?

Further assume it's easier today because people just gave up.

Or maybe they just dish out the form to everyone now, but only accept the first 100 completed and submitted?

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I emailed screen grabs of the entire form. Asked for confirmation.

Squeaky wheel, probably get urination rather than lubrication/confirmation. Oh well.

Zero expectations.

Will try again tomorrow. Assume they'll keep dangling bait until they reach 90% of expected doses paid for?

Further assume it's easier today because people just gave up.

Or maybe they just dish out the form to everyone now, but only accept the first 100 completed and submitted?

300 a day as I understand it.