Phuket daily infections hit double-digits

webfact

deaths should mean real covid deaths which western govts have hidden.....

so the uk peak of 900 covid deaths daily is probably around half that.....

noticeable that uk non- covid deaths are not reported any more like each year winter flu alone 17,000 to 40, 000, cancer / respiratory / stroke/ road : same again........old age: same again ; so that might be 100k from the 150k “covid” deaths....so we are back to that pesky 0.03% average covid death rate again.....very old/ very sick ( fatties & addicts) ... so 99.97 % will not die ; just some will be subject to job loss / poverty / mental drop / business gone / savings gone, etc. ..... in uk, usa, thailand 

never mind, uk property prices went up 13% last month alone.......how the hell is that even remotely possible..... boosted no doubt by the extra amount of dead people passing on their assets........and rich people leaving the cities for rural haunts.......

This is a good point, I never understood why they can not also say how many people they tested on the day, or just say how many negatives they found....!?

It's the same in all countries , why is it hard to report this, if counting positives, just do another for negatives, very easy and would have great information value....! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

The information is available for Phuket - on a Thai language Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F

This is usually not released, even for other countries, like UK or US, EU...

I'm not able to read Thai, but using Google translate, I don't see the info on this screenshot, where do you see it

20210711_181842.png

On 7/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, Deli said:

With the island quite isolated for a long time now, it would be really interesting the see the tracking of these people infected. Where did they get it from ?

foreigners will be blamed.... oh no,  they can't!!!   because they invited the foreigners in and they tested Every Single one of them   555

• Haha 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

foreigners will be blamed.... oh no,  they can't!!!   because they invited the foreigners in and they tested Every Single one of them   555

The culprits of last resort are ????    The Burmese

• Haha 1

????????????????????..... do have to laugh with all the fanfare/fanfaronade preceding their sandbox idea and the recent claim of having 82% of their population vaccinated thus having reached herd immunity  ???????????????????? can't stop laughing

25 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I'm not able to read Thai, but using Google translate, I don't see the info on this screenshot, where do you see it

Most of the info on that page is contained in jpeg attachments and Google Translate doesn't work on such, unfortunately.

I also don't speak Thai nor read Thai.

My wife does speak/read Thai and sometime back pointed the appropriate slide to me.  

I think it may be this one ...

1626002839707.jpg

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

It's the same in all countries , why is it hard to report this, if counting positives, just do another for negatives, very easy and would have great information value....! 

Actually it IS reported by some countries, Below the Dutch figures; green is number of tests/week, yellow: positive tests (both left y-axis) and red (right y-axis) the % positives. It is not that easy to interpret as the number of tests varies significantly in time. Source: RIVM.

image.png.75e4732b10eefa945da2206bd2743614.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Most of the info on that page is contained in jpeg attachments and Google Translate doesn't work on such, unfortunately.

I also don't speak Thai nor read Thai.

My wife does speak/read Thai and sometime back pointed the appropriate slide to me.  

I think it may be this one ...

1626002839707.jpg

Yes, can't translate images. Please ask your wife to point out number of people tested, or tested negative on that diagram...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Actually it IS reported by some countries, Below the Dutch figures; green is number of tests/week, yellow: positive tests (both left y-axis) and red (right y-axis) the % positives. It is not that easy to interpret as the number of tests varies significantly in time. Source: RIVM.

image.png.75e4732b10eefa945da2206bd2743614.png

We can see how very useful it is, the percentage tells us so much about what is going on, and at some point they were testing 500k weekly, then lately to 100k, that makes a big difference...., they probably have no clue if more people have Covid because they are not testing as much now...!

• Like 1

I am sure Phuket residents and tourists are well vaccinated against the Alpha variant but how well can they fare against the Delta variant which is more infectious and hits you harder.

Most of the vaccines have lower efficacy against the Delta variant.

Edited by EricTh

33 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Yes, can't translate images. Please ask your wife to point out number of people tested, or tested negative on that diagram...

My wife is, how do I say this tactfully, is impatient with my constant translation requests. Perhaps someone else who reads Thai can provide a full translation.

What I recall is the page gives a cumulative # since 1  April. So one needs to go to previous day's page and subtract to get daily totals ... albeit I could be wrong.

On that page:

785 tested positive
94947 tested negative
95732 total tested since 1 April

The individual rows leading to the totals are groups as to test targeting ... such as high risk groups ...

Edited by oldcpu

In addition to the number of tests, you'd also have to understand how they were selected. 

Are they testing random people, or are they only testing people who present themselves for a test because they think they're sick?

In either case, the Sandbox will crash and burn if they keep allowing Thai people to cross back and forth with just a 7 day old test, even if they require at least one dose of AZ.  They need to require a <72 hour test before coming to Phuket and another test before being allowed out in public.  Just like foreign tourists.  Sadly, that won't fly in an economy where a couple of tests cost more than a week's wages.  Dooming the Sandbox...

• Like 1