Thailand Has World’s 8th Highest Number of Serious or Critical COVID-19 Cases

webfact

21b0cc65e631024c48b6633eece3efbe_small.jpg

By Woraprat Lerpaisal

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has reported that Thailand has the 8th highest number of serious or critical COVID-19 cases in the world, as defined by worldometers.info

CCSA spokesman Dr Thaveesilp Visanuyothin announced a jump in the number of patients with severe symptoms to 2,738, with 717 on ventilators. Thailand also logged 9,326 new cases and recorded 91 fatalities on 10 July.

Bangkok has the most, with 3,191, followed by 672 in Pathum Thani, 603 in Samut Prakan, 551 in Samut Sakhon, 359 in Chon Buri, 334 in Nonthaburi, 225 in Songkhla, 207 in Lop Buri, 175 in Saraburi and 173 in Pattani. Bangkok also led with the most deaths (51), followed by Samut Prakan (9), Nonthaburi (8), Pathum Thani (5) and Nakhon Pathom (4).

The CCSA also reported new clusters in three provinces, namely at a tap water plant in Ayutthaya’s Bang Pa-in district, Sompob market in Nakhon Pathom’s Sam Phran district, a plastics plant in Nakhon Pathom’s Nakhon Chaisri district and at an electronics company in Ratchaburi’s Ban Pong district.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, sezze said:

Since they also put "positive" cases in a hospital in Thailand ( still correct ?) ,

Not now, asymptomatic are told to isolate at home unless they have various aliments.

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Yes, I should have added that....Bangkok where hospital facilities are running short.

Mind you with the spread to other provinces thanks to the Bangkokians then I suspect we shall eventually see similar scenarios in many other provinces unfortunately

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

stats from uncivilized countries are worthless

2738 hospitalizations ( serious symptoms ) from pop. 70 million.... 

good to have those figures but otherwise so what .....hardly apocalyptic ......

I guess that would depend upon your definition of an "uncivilised" country is !  Please define so that we may make our own informed judgement of your post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Excel said:

I guess that would depend upon your definition of an "uncivilised" country is !  Please define so that we may make our own informed judgement of your post

Personally I would define "uncivilised" as barbaric, savage, violent and without an effective moral code. Thailand by that ( my preferred  definition) is most definitely not uncivilised.

However, if one concentrates on the root word "civil" in the sense of good governance, honest and fair conduct by those in leading positions, concern for the less fortunate In society, universal and equitable application of the law, fiscal probity and so on, (including unadjusted and transparent reporting of statistics) then...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Mind you with the spread to other provinces thanks to the Bangkokians then I suspect we shall eventually see similar scenarios in many other provinces unfortunately

At least in Khon Kaen, they do not see the situation as an invasion of lepers:

Khon Kaen New High, the main hospital is full!

Khon Kaen New High has 74 new cases of coronavirus, most of them returning from high-risk areas, the Ministry of Public Health is aiming to set up a covid hospital to cope with the ongoing epidemic situation.

Khon Kaen New High has 74 new cases of coronavirus, most of them returning from high-risk areas, the Ministry of Public Health is aiming to set up a covid hospital to cope with the ongoing epidemic situation.

Dr. Somchaichot Piyawatwela, a public health doctor in Khon Kaen province, said most of the new confirmed cases had come back from clusters in the red provinces and had a history of relationships with previously detected cases. All of them cooperate in revealing the timeline and undergo a rigorous investigation of the disease from the authorities. And everyone has been referred for treatment in the public health system already. While the management of the patient preparation confirmed that now it can still cope with the situation and has opened a field hospital in the main hospital area, including Phon Hospital, Ban Phai Hospital, Chum Phae Hospital and Hospital. Somdej Phra Yuparat Kranuan, which at Somjee Phra Yuparat Kranuan Hospital Hospitals and staff that had just completed construction were immediately set up as a field hospital to accommodate patients in the area. Kranuan and area Neighboring districts according to the referral system and manage patients according to The Ministry of Health has set

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/57713/  via Google translate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

some pc woke fools here, pretending they cant tell the difference between civilized & uncivilized countries...seriously, how have you survived so long out there without knowing this stuff.....

said the wolf in sheeple clothing...try again, and stop.  Look at the reports from the hospitals and tell me again how Thailand is truly doing with only 4% vaccinated and the Delta variant spreading through the country now.  Woke, now that's laughable.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Anutin has put all his eggs in one Chinese basket (for some reason!)  The rising infection rates show his failure as Health Minister.

There is probably a few reason why

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA spokesman Dr Thaveesilp Visanuyothin announced a jump in the number of patients with severe symptoms to 2,738, with 717 on ventilators. Thailand also logged 9,326 new cases and recorded 91 fatalities on 10 July.

Considering the health of the average Thai especially in rural areas I expect it to go to #1 very soon.

5 hours ago, Excel said:

How do you actually know, that it is the Bangkokians that spread the virus and not the migrant workers from other provinces, who frequently travel between Bangkok and their home provinces? Please stop your hatred against Bangkokians, as most cases in Bangkok are among migrant workers from other provinces, sent here to support their families back home in Ubon Nowhere.