Football is the winner when teams like Italy prevail

Mike West

Penalty kicks shootout is the dumbest way to end any sports game as you might as well flip a coin to determine the winner. I remember when the NHL were playing sudden death until somebody scores a goal no matter how long it takes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nightfox said:

Penalty kicks shootout is the dumbest way to end any sports game as you might as well flip a coin to determine the winner. I remember when the NHL were playing sudden death until somebody scores a goal no matter how long it takes.

Taking a penalty is as much a skill as any other aspect of the game. Personally I would do away with extra time and go straight to penalty shootouts. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The BBC commentator made a point of saying that it was the players who voluteered to take the kicks.

It must have been Southgate who decided to put the subs on a minute before the end of the game. Not blaming him though because he'll have based it on what had happened in training and the players must have worked that out before. 

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

My brother would agree with you there. About 50 years ago he played rugby and on his bumper on his Vauxhall Cresta ( I think it was ) he had a sticker that said ' Give blood , play rugby '.

I remember a Rugby team I think is was Wales not sure offer to play an American team their type of football and they said they can we wear there helmets and padded stuff as they were refused. 

I guess it was the cost of American players they didn't want to risk. 

12 minutes ago, nightfox said:

What if it took over one week , what would happen then ?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

Because deep down he's a bitter Scotsman!

He asked the players, and decisions were based on training.

But a 19 year old taking the decisive penalty was too much pressure.

I had no idea, I thought he was English. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

What if it took over one week , what would happen then ?

Yeah it's gotta be finalised somehow, it would be done in World Rugby in the event of a drawn but it's never happened. 

13 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That's not actually what's happening there. That's inside the stadium and they're attacking other England fans who have broken into the stadium without tickets. Apparently fans with tickets were rather upset about this. You can hear people shouting 'Do your job!' at the stewards. 

I'm not a fan of England fans but most reports so far only have England fans fighting each other at this game. It's all over UK news outlets. Not immediately posting things you see without checking first is surely basic in this day and age. 

Why would English fans not want other English fans coming in? 

What about the blue shirts?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Taking a penalty is as much a skill as any other aspect of the game. Personally I would do away with extra time and go straight to penalty shootouts. 

They should make it the first to score after normal time. Every 5 minutes, both teams should reduce the team by one player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2long said:

Then may I ask why you bothered to watch it (if you did) and why you're here reading and commenting?

And if you didn't watch it, my second question is even more pertinent. 

'sissies'? anyone of those 'sissies' would bust your head open with one little kick. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

Look at their supporters ambushing Italians coming out of the stadium...equal fight isn't it. Then they squeal like pigs here when the Thais beat the s... out of them.

Unbelievable ! Has something like that happened anywhere else ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Agree that Levels of Mass Hysteria (Collective Insanity) by England Homeland Fans, Quite Alarming.

Indicative of Modern Mass - Integrated Societies (Covid, MSM, Fascism, Communism, Globalism, Religion....). See little hope for long term human survival .........with AI and/or WMD coming for us......

England does this at every huge tournament. World Cup 2002 they said they were going to win it because the captain's (Beckham) hair was blonde, like in 1966. 5555555

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Thank goodness its over.  For people like me, who think football is boring, played by over paid sissies and massively over egged among the chattering classes, I'm glad the hysteria in the media is over for another year or so, until some other meaningless ( to we unbelievers)  Championship becomes the new obsession. Peace at last.

Roll on the new NFL season, a real sport, played by real men and real athletes.  That should get a few people going ape on here.   Calm please. Jai Yen Yen  ????

you must be fun to hang around