Football is the winner when teams like Italy prevail

Mike West

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ahhh , yes, Scottish people are very nice and English people are horrid and everyone likes you and no one likes us .

You Scottish are superior in every way 

Are you Scottish? Your name is a giveaway

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mike West said:

England does this at every huge tournament. World Cup 2002 they said they were going to win it because the captain's (Beckham) hair was blonde, like in 1966. 5555555

You are losing the plot .

England cannot speak as a whole , everyone says various things . 

Although I cannot believe that anyone would say that England would win because of one players hair colour .

You must either be mistaken or you just made that up 

2 hours ago, puck2 said:

Football ........ that's hitting the legs, pulling players shirts, players spying everywhere, needs stupid audience, spending money for people, who are only able to kick a ball.

Football .......  nowadays is very lukrative for doctors and advertisinhg.

Football ....... makes many "players" richer than scientists, even if those once  are lucky to win the Nobel Prize.   

Football ....... isn't good for the brain; being able to count from 1 maybe to 9 is  allready a great challenge. Headers hurt the brains.

Football ........ losing money only to watch or enjoy it, how the players kick a ball, breaking the bones or hurting other parts of the enemies body.

Football ....... spectators hitting and hurting people, devastating nearly all what is on their way home - after their "darlings" lost a game.

Footbal .......  the players in the other teams are the their enemies

Football ....... ooooh what a "wonder"-ful sport

Sounds like your sport is Tiddlywinks ..... indoor sports.. maybe snakes and ladders.

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

English fans have flooded the Instagram accounts of Saka, Rashford and Sancho with monkey emojis and racist abuse. Police say they will investigate.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/12/fa-condemns-racist-abuse-england-players-social-media-euro-2020-final

Maybe football was a winner yesterday, but decency was a clear loser.

No, the report stated that English fans have flooded the Twitter accounts with positive messages and there had been some racist messages .

"A number of high-profile Twitter users gave the players their support after the game, while Instagram has been flooded with positive comments in an effort to drown out the racist abuse." 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, the report stated that English fans have flooded the Twitter accounts with positive messages and there had been some racist messages .

"A number of high-profile Twitter users gave the players their support after the game, while Instagram has been flooded with positive comments in an effort to drown out the racist abuse." 

No, there was actually a lot of racist abuse of Saka, Rashford and Sancho. Metropolitan Police are investigating.

If the Twitter accounts of Sancho, Rashford and Saka had not been flooded with racist abuse police would not be investigating, would they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

No, there was actually a lot of racist abuse of Saka, Rashford and Sancho. Metropolitan Police are investigating.

If the Twitter accounts of Sancho, Rashford and Saka had not been flooded with racist abuse police would not be investigating, would they?

Can we concentrate on the football, rather than on what some people either tweeted or didn't tweet after the game  ?

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

It was the right result, but England were very worthy opponents.  From an England perspective, although they are a very good team, a little more is needed in midfield before they can win a tournament.  Nevertheless, they are 'blue chip' team now with great talent, and their fitness prevented a rout. 

(England did not cheat Denmark, and in my opinion it would have been Italy 4 Denmark 0.  Stop being such a baby.)

says the mommy's boy 555

2 hours ago, 2long said:

Because deep down he's a bitter Scotsman!

He asked the players, and decisions were based on training.

But a 19 year old taking the decisive penalty was too much pressure.

so you're saying Southgate made the wrong choice puting a 19 year old on the team? hmmm excuses, excuses. Pele won the World Cup at age 17 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

Penalty kicks shootout is the dumbest way to end any sports game as you might as well flip a coin to determine the winner. I remember when the NHL were playing sudden death until somebody scores a goal no matter how long it takes.

They did used to flip a coin. Then they changed it to penalties. LOL 

2 hours ago, 2long said:

Because deep down he's a bitter Scotsman!

He asked the players, and decisions were based on training.

But a 19 year old taking the decisive penalty was too much pressure.

Southgate is Scottish?

Are you sure about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It must have been Southgate who decided to put the subs on a minute before the end of the game. Not blaming him though because he'll have based it on what had happened in training and the players must have worked that out before. 

Of course it's the coach's fault, he picks the squad. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

They should make it the first to score after normal time. Every 5 minutes, both teams should reduce the team by one player. 

You're not a football fan are you? They did have that too in 1998 - 2000. They abolished it because it was stupid and unfair. 

7 minutes ago, Mike West said:

so you're saying Southgate made the wrong choice puting a 19 year old on the team? hmmm excuses, excuses. Pele won the World Cup at age 17 

That's not what I said, is it?

Please take note of two words 'decisive' and 'penalty'.

I can't remember using 'putting a 19 year old in the team' with or without spelling or grammar edits.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are losing the plot .

England cannot speak as a whole , everyone says various things . 

Although I cannot believe that anyone would say that England would win because of one players hair colour .

You must either be mistaken or you just made that up 

I am not mistaken and I don't make things up. The reporters at the BBC said that. 

4 minutes ago, 2long said:

That's not what I said, is it?

Please take note of two words 'decisive' and 'penalty'.

I can't remember using 'putting a 19 year old in the team' with or without spelling or grammar edits.

<deleted>? ok you butt hurt loser. Go lie down before you suffer a stroke. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you post a link to that ?

I cannot  believe that a BBC reporter would have said that 

It was 2002., find it yourself. Of coure they said it, The BBC are always saying stupid <deleted>.
England are the only team to play football with their mouths. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Mike West said:

It was 2002., find it yourself. Of coure they said it, The BBC are always saying stupid <deleted>.
England are the only team to play football with their mouths. 

I do not believe you . 

I don't think that you are telling the truth 

• Like 2