Football is the winner when teams like Italy prevail

Mike West

8 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Well spotted----& the other one is not wearing a shirt at al, although most people don't seem to notice that .....   :))

:

The other woman has the Italian flag colours on her face and arms so safe enough to assume she supports Italy. 

Oh and goalies can move before a penalty is taken within certain restrictions. 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

“When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line.”

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

1 - whistle the opponent national anthem. 2 - Leave the stadium before the award ceremony. 3 - Take off the second place medal just received.

England, you are a disgrace!

Look at their supporters ambushing Italians coming out of the stadium...equal fight isn't it. Then they squeal like pigs here when the Thais beat the s... out of them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Look at their supporters ambushing Italians coming out of the stadium...equal fight isn't it. Then they squeal like pigs here when the Thais beat the s... out of them.

This is disgusting and makes me glad that Italy won. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Football ........ that's hitting the legs, pulling players shirts, players spying everywhere, needs stupid audience, spending money for people, who are only able to kick a ball.

Football .......  nowadays is very lukrative for doctors and advertisinhg.

Football ....... makes many "players" richer than scientists, even if those once  are lucky to win the Nobel Prize.   

Football ....... isn't good for the brain; being able to count from 1 maybe to 9 is  allready a great challenge. Headers hurt the brains.

Football ........ losing money only to watch or enjoy it, how the players kick a ball, breaking the bones or hurting other parts of the enemies body.

Football ....... spectators hitting and hurting people, devastating nearly all what is on their way home - after their "darlings" lost a game.

Footbal .......  the players in the other teams are the their enemies

Football ....... ooooh what a "wonder"-ful sport

Edited by puck2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you old enough to remember Scottish's fans behavior at Wembley in the 1970,s ?

Dad said he had some Wembley turf – it was three strands of grass' | Sport  | The Times

Is that one of the Bay City Rollers? Yeah, I was about 10 and everyone knew someone who had a piece of Wembley turf! 

A better class of hooligan though in Scotland, you must admit. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Now dry those salty tears.

It was an excellent achievement to get to the final. Be happy with that.

Nice to hear, I for one being English would always cheer on any team from the 'home nations.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

played by over paid sissies and massively over egged among the chattering classes, some other meaningless ( to we unbelievers) 

Roll on the new NFL season, a real sport, played by real men and real athletes.  

Rather a contradiction.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Nice to hear, I for one being English would always cheer on any team from the 'home nations.'

You will never understand, as you have never been colonized. It was only a few generations ago. My gran died recently, aged 99; her grandparents suffered from the highland clearances genocide in the Western Islands.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

"played by real men and real athletes. "  with helmets and more padding than a sofa, real men play Rugby.

regards worgeordie

True ! only American people can understand " american football" ( and base ball, too ) 

as for English football fans, it's very strange how crazy they are when it comes to football ( not good for English image around the world ) 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You will never understand, as you have never been colonized. It was only a few generations ago. My gran died recently, aged 99; her grandparents suffered from the highland clearances genocide in the Western Islands.

Whats that got to do with cheering on the Jocks?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

True ! only American people can understand " american football" ( and base ball, too ) 

as for English football fans, it's very strange how crazy they are when it comes to football ( not good for English image around the world ) 

Fans can lose it anywhere in the world if they win or lose. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/here-are-five-american-cities-which-rioted-after-sporting-success-and-defeat-7289493/amp/

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You will never understand, as you have never been colonized.

I don't think you understand how Scotland became part of the UK Neeranam--they weren't colonized ---That's the Mel Gibson Version.

They thought they could create the Panama canal without the Canal -- it seemed a great idea, so everyone put all their money in-*1. One of the small details was--they forgot to ask the people who owned the land (Spain) is this OK.  The whole country was  then bankrupted-- Bank of England--took over Bank Scotland and the country accepted the Act of Union (completed in 1707). Better reading the history--not watching the Mel Gibson movies. ...although I enjoyed it---:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

*1-As the Company of Scotland was backed by approximately 20% of all the money circulating in Scotland, its failure left the entire Lowlands in substantial financial ruin.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Hey teacher, you forget the conquest of England by Normand William and the reign of the French Plantagenets dynasty for 4 centuries.

Hardly the same, you were not forced to part of a union with France. 

• Sad 1

These threads always end up going off topic, and in this case it's by some 'chip-on-me-shoulder' types who just want to be anti England.

It's just a game and one team had to win. Them's the rules!

England did well to get this far and although Rashford's penalty was the turning point, I don't hate him (or Scottish people) for no genuine reason.

Yes, England were lucky to get to the final, but they didn't give the Sterling penalty, the ref did.

Not sure why it hasn't been pointed out the audacious shirt pull on that young Sako.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Well you could say it was Rashford's fault for such a weak, trying to be clever, penalty.

This!

If Rashford had netted (the reason he was brought on as a last-minute sub in ET), then there would have been NO pressure on Saka who has never, ever taken a penalty in his short club or international career.

Gareth is taking the blame though and rightly so. He chose the spot kickers after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This!

If Rashford had netted (the reason he was brought on as a last-minute sub in ET), then there would have been NO pressure on Saka who has never, ever taken a penalty in his short club or international career.

Gareth is taking the blame though and rightly so. He chose the spot kickers after all.

The BBC commentator made a point of saying that it was the players who voluteered to take the kicks.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why did he choose them? 

Because deep down he's a bitter Scotsman!

He asked the players, and decisions were based on training.

But a 19 year old taking the decisive penalty was too much pressure.

Edited by 2long
typo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Now dry those salty tears.

It was an excellent achievement to get to the final. Be happy with that.

I couldn't care less if I tried, win, lose its a boring game played by over paid sissies.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The BBC commentator made a point of saying that it was the players who voluteered to take the kicks.

Meanwhile, the UK media is quoting Southgate as saying that he's responsible. I didn't read to much further but maybe he was taking responsibility for allowing the players to volunteer?