Thai study shows antibody levels after 2 doses of Sinovac drop 50% every 40 days

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

There is no comparative information about the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccine after two doses in protection against the Alpha or Delta variants.

So makes this study meaningless aside from knowing what we already knew about how weak it is against other vaccine brands

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

With some quick maths on the back of a beer mat that means that after 1 year the Sinovac vaccine is 0.2% effective.

Sounds about right.  

And the chances of having a bad reaction is probably higher.  

Better get drunk to make your decision if you want to get it or not - more of a chance y ou will actually get it.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

Published by the BBC:

Covid: What do we know about China's coronavirus vaccines?

How effective is it?

The WHO said studies showed the Sinovac vaccine "prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe Covid-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population" for adults aged 18 and older, when it approved the jab in June.

It added that only a few adults over the age of 60 were enrolled in clinical trials, so efficacy could not be estimated for that age group.

According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showing results from Chile, Sinovac has an efficacy rate of 65.9% against Covid-19, is 87.5% effective at preventing hospitalisation and 86.3% effective at preventing death.

However, there is little data about its effectiveness against the Delta variant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57817591

China vaccine.jpg

Any links on how well it did or not, against Delta or Alpha, or Beta for that matter?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Certainly looks that way doesn't it....... !

A temporary solution... when people were expecting long term. Many countries that committed to the Chinese vaccine will be having resurgences and have to think again. Just watched a report on Indonesia who seem to be where India was a few months ago now..... they didn't even get to a reasonable vaccination levels. China has a lot to answer for and countries truly need to see this vaccine as a temporary measure until something better can be obtained, or skip over it if possible.

Wasn't the initial thought that many of the vaccines would be effective for 90 days to 6 months, and then a booster would be needed.  I know that was old information, but then it seems to be true about Sinovac.

• Like 2

Just now, Caspersfriend said:

Only the article itself and links within it. Posted today on BBC ---  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57817591

Thanks yes I read it, unfortunately no studies carried out on Sinovac with variants of concern, only with the original strain covid-19.

The reality is that strain has now all but disappeared in Thailand, with delta the prominent strain we know that Sinovac's effectiveness is nowhere near that claimed in previous studies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wasn't the initial thought that many of the vaccines would be effective for 90 days to 6 months, and then a booster would be needed.  I know that was old information, but then it seems to be true about Sinovac.

Have they started booster shot in the UK (for example) yet? I know a pal of mine was told that was likely, but has yet to happen and I believe it is 2 months since his second Pfizer jab. 

It certainly does seem true of Sinovac, and possibly sooner than expected..... 

A vaccination program that takes 12 months to implement will fail if immunity is very low after 6 months!

• Like 1