Employers in Thailand must pay 50,000 baht towards funeral if staff member dies

webfact

22 hours ago, apex2000 said:

It's so clear that I had the same question after reading the report.

No reports about any topic in Thailand are clear and simple  The news you read always keeps you begging for more news. 555

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Fine, you're entitled to your hypothetical opinion but, even if you were an actual employer, you probably wouldn't be paying B50,000, your hypothetical business's insurer would.

All my clients are insured and all my staff are in the social security system paid by me. 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, webfact said:

Henceforth employers will be obliged to pay 50,000 baht towards funeral expenses of employees who die while employed by them.

Meet the new "employees"  You see this happening in the USA as it imposes more costs on employers such an unemployment, workers compensation, health care etc.  The more expensive you make it to have an employee, the greater the incentive to eliminate the employee. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, webfact said:

Section 2 of the order said that when an employee suffers illness or injury resulting in death or disappears the employer shall be liable to pay funeral expenses in the sum of 50,000 baht. 

Do they mean die at work...................or if he goes out on his motorbike drinking on the week-end...........................image.png.cc98f8e58ecc770aeacd7e7c9ef8a57b.png

So in future if you disappear your employer claims you resigned days before hand .... If you are seriously ill, immediately fired. Big increase in day labour jobs - rehired every morning.