Too much and too big ads

KamalaRider

if you use Ad block you dont get so many annoying interruptions it becomes manageable with side and bottom page ads only.

This post will likely experience a Bermuda Triangle fate within the next ten minutes.

• Haha 2

i was thinking just the same, up till last nights forum outage very few adds on my android phone

Today they are absolutely clucking everywhere dont know if its coincidence or not

anyway will use far less if at all on phone now

luckily on laptop i appear to have an add free forum version for some "strange" reason 

1 minute ago, sapson said:

if you use Ad block you dont get so many annoying interruptions it becomes manageable with side and bottom page ads only.

This post will likely experience a Bermuda Triangle fate within the next ten minutes.

The bottom and top ads are the worst, when my keyboard is visible I can't see s--t. 

Keyboard occupies almost half the screen, the top and bottom the rest. As soon as I scroll,  they're there. 

• Like 1

Ads i understand coz page need get money to support. But after page chance asennow it sign me out really quickly! I go take coffee and make bread, leave my mac to wait ,when come back even mac still on page has sign me out. Really annoying.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As Thais say again "Up to you".

TVF needs ads to exist unless you want to support them your cash.

It's not rocket science is it. 

Yes. But I on the other hand don't need to see the ads and for some reason haven't seen any in years. All ads everywhere, the banners, a bunch of idiotic avatars, and, just today, even the new logo--all have disappeared. But I have no idea how that happened, miss them terribly, and recommend everyone watch and enjoy the ads and click on them whenever possible.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yes. But I on the other hand don't need to see the ads and for some reason haven't seen any in years. All ads everywhere, the banners, a bunch of idiotic avatars, and, just today, even the new logo--all have disappeared. But I have no idea how that happened, miss them terribly, and recommend everyone watch and enjoy the ads and click on them whenever possible.

Up to you.

One of my pet peeves about living in Thailand was that we usually read about events after they happen.   So I found the ads to be useful, and often clicked on them.  Occasionally, even bought stuff based on the ads.  But then they changed the format again and the site became impossible to use.  So I installed an ad blocker.   That was many updates ago.

I still miss some of the ads.  And I understand the site needs them to make money.  But they also need to make sure users on different platforms have a reasonable experience.  Some clicks and views are better than none, even if it's not as many as they'd like...

On a related topic, has anyone run the revenue diagnostics since they did away with World News, and again under the ASEAN NOW format?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, Kwasaki said:

As Thais say again "Up to you".

TVF needs ads to exist unless you want to support them your cash.

It's not rocket science is it. 

The whole purpose is to read news and keep up with what's happening in Asia, if it's really difficult to read, why bother to go there, then the ads have failed their purpose. 

2 hours ago, KamalaRider said:

The whole purpose is to read news and keep up with what's happening in Asia, if it's really difficult to read, why bother to go there, then the ads have failed their purpose. 

You can avoid them if you wish too.