No review today of Covid-19 measures in ten dark red provinces, CCSA chief

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The chief of the National Security Council and head of the CCSA Gen Natthaphol Nakphanich ruled out a review of tough measures in place in the ten so-called dark red provinces. 

A meeting will be held today chaired by the Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha but they will not be reviewing the rules for Bangkok and five neighboring provinces and 4 in the far south.

The general said they would remain in place until at least 25th July, 14 days from their initiation. 

Daily News called them "iron laws" in their headline. They include curfew and advisories not to travel unless absolutely necessary.

Meanwhile the press asked Natthaphol if more stringent measures would be put in place for the Samui Plus reopening to foreign tourists after many claimed they were too lax and could lead to Covid-19 coming in from outside Thailand. 

The general rebuffed this by saying that Samui Plus entry was more stringent than even the Phuket Sandbox. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-16

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Scared to review and make more stringent rules it appears. I think they are in over their heads.

Samui does seem to be an outlying case.  For the rest of the country, I read it as they're not prepared to review the lockdown, in order to relax any of the restrictions, until 25 July.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Scared to review and make more stringent rules it appears. I think they are in over their heads.

I wonder when they will come up with a really really dark red zone... or maybe introduce a brown one.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder when they will come up with a really really dark red zone... or maybe introduce a brown one.

Ah the dark chocolate feces colored zone where the BS just perpetuates from.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the National Security Council and head of the CCSA Gen Natthaphol Nakphanich ruled out a review of tough measures in place in the ten so-called dark red provinces. 

Translated:
No need to waste time flogging the downed horse.  It's already dead.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That was in a report from Chase.

Thailands government:

"Could not wrap there heads around the enormity of the problem"