Poll: Coffee or Beer?

Jingthing

Coffee or beer?   

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:52 PM, Stupooey said:

Can't say I'd particularly miss the beers commonly available in Thailand...back in the UK, though, it would be a completely different matter.

Try a few cans of Tapper beer. Only 51 baht a can. Brewed in Thailand but as close to Speckled Hen or Old Thumper as you will get from a Thai brewer.

• Thanks 1

I love both, but prefer alcohol to caffeine. However, I have had to absolutely minimise both as I started to suffer from ectopic heartbeats exacerbated by both. So have to forgo both plus chocolate and tea as much as possible. Even decaff coffee is bad for me, so stick with Whole Earth herbal no caffeine coffee and also 100% ginger drink which actually are not bad. Sad I know.

Edited by Card

1 hour ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Try a few cans of Tapper beer. Only 51 baht a can. Brewed in Thailand but as close to Speckled Hen or Old Thumper as you will get from a Thai brewer.

I usually have some Tapper or Cheers Extra in the fridge for home consumption, but struggle to find restaurants or bars that serve them.

Exactly what I am doing right now since 4 weeks ago. giving up beer, love coffee and it is far more healthier.

I have drunk alcohol almost every day,( only ever evenings ) often heavily for the last 40 years, doing it for health reasons only and feel better already.

6 minutes ago, SW Happy said:

Exactly what I am doing right now since 4 weeks ago. giving up beer, love coffee and it is far more healthier.

I have drunk alcohol almost every day,( only ever evenings ) often heavily for the last 40 years, doing it for health reasons only and feel better already.

Exactly why I gave up coffee but not beer.

44 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I love scent of Arabica coffee everyday morning ( not too rich though).  
I stopped 2nd afternoon coffee since it was served with 2 oatmeal cookies (I had to stop it) baked by my lady. 

I can smell the scent just from your post! Ahhhhhhh . . .

2 hours ago, SW Happy said:

Make your mind up man, days or evenings?

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:33 PM, Tony M said:

Strange that someone would ask which addiction a person prefers ? And it seems, from a couple of the responses, that some prefer a third addiction, but that one isn't a drug.  These are my opinions only, and I don't have any really strong opinion on any of the legal drugs. I drink coffee, and tea, but not beer. 

Don't confuse addictions with habits.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:41 PM, Kwasaki said:

I drink beer everyday before an after evening meal.

I also drink a couple of cups of tea in the morning.

Drink water during the day.

Coffee I drink but only occasionally.

Right now and once a day I'm drinking a herbal drink concocted from herbs that my Mrs boils up for us, it kills any Covid germs that come near you I'm told.  555

I am no expert in alcohol,  but if you drink beer everyday, does that not mean there is a drinking problem there, although not necessary an alcoholic?

I drink milk, tea, and squash every day, but I can go any length of time without them.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Stupooey said:

If you don't like coffee, why would you choose to forgo beer?

I've never touched coffee or alcohol at any time in my life, though I'm not against them in any way, as long as alcohol is only used socially. I do have to say that anyone I have ever known who drinks alcohol every day, has been very problematic, and I always try to avoid them.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

They do the espresso Chang beer now, maybe the best of both (or maybe not!).

I enjoy a drink but I'm not a big drinker. 

Coffee on the other hand....

I don't touch either, the reason is I hate the smell of both of them, my way of thinking is if anything smells bad, it is bound to taste bad.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:29 PM, ezzra said:

Now if we are talking preferences i got one too.. which would you prefer in bed? a black girl or a white girl?...

Either, as long as they are reasonably slim.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, G Rex said:

I was a total coffee snob in Oz. Had  a high end Italian espresso machine at home. Found it difficult to find a comparable coffee in shops.

Moved to Thailand - now drink 3 in 1 coffee- and am satisfied with that.

Aim for 2 beer free days each week - but don’t always hit the target! I am no beer snob - but in Thailand Singha & Leo are the only quoffable bevies…

I am happy o give up (neat) water.   Is that on option?

"im for 2 beer free days each week". Now that is what I call being very sensible.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:14 PM, chalawaan said:

Coffee.

Was impressed tho, to learn the Tudors drank beer for breakfast. The well-water was fetid, and morning joe was far in the future, so beer it was. 

Some people I know still drink beer for breakfast, sad but true.

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 8:22 PM, BritManToo said:

My preference is for a woman under the age of 35 and weighing less than 50Kg.

Her skin colour doesn't matter to me.

My wife is over 50Kg, but she is 5ft 9ins tall with a figure to match, being 6ft tall myself, I have never dated a girl under 5ft 4ins tall. Sorry for going off topic, but I'm only answering peoples interesting posts.

• Like 1